Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

M2 Axle-back

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-12, 08:55 AM
mixa86
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

here is my m2 installed with my gfx rears.....still trying to find a place to put my s2k tips on.
Old 08-31-12, 06:06 AM
jahson954
Driver School Candidate

Looks pretty decent. Would like to see a vid of it.
Old 08-31-12, 06:21 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by jahson954
Looks pretty decent. Would like to see a vid of it.
There are several videos posted in this thread... take a look at previous pages.
Old 09-03-12, 04:46 PM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts
Default Finally took some pics

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mcgovern_zach/7924563230/http://www.flickr.com/photos/mcgovern_zach/7924563230/ by http://www.flickr.com/people/mcgovern_zach/, on Flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mcgovern_zach/7924566966/http://www.flickr.com/photos/mcgovern_zach/7924566966/ by http://www.flickr.com/people/mcgovern_zach/, on Flickr
Old 09-13-12, 04:05 PM
bopnspam
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ISPanda
Anyone in the 626 area have this that I can come visit and listen to it? Im about to switch out my F-sport for this one an wanted to hear the exhaust in person before I pull the trigger!

PM if you're willing to help!
I'm in the 626 too... can I tag along and listen
Old 09-16-12, 01:57 AM
supralative
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Put the M2 on the IS250 Saturday morning and overall fitment is really good on this one. I dont have to modify any brackets or anything.
Will get some pics up later as had to roll out and go build another Supra with my partner.
Old 09-16-12, 06:51 AM
SCWB
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by supralative
Put the M2 on the IS250 Saturday morning and overall fitment is really good on this one. I dont have to modify any brackets or anything.
Will get some pics up later as had to roll out and go build another Supra with my partner.
How hard is it to install? I am waiting mine to arrive. Going to face the installation soon since I want to do the installation by myself.
Old 09-16-12, 09:49 AM
reyoasian
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SCWB
How hard is it to install? I am waiting mine to arrive. Going to face the installation soon since I want to do the installation by myself.
Super easy since it's just a bolt on

Just play with some nuts and bolts, and stick the hanger in the rubber, that's about it haha
Old 09-16-12, 10:01 AM
supralative
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SCWB
its real easy
i just used PB Blaster on the bolts from the Y Pipe before i got started just to help them out
break those loose first then proceed to undo the rubber hangers from the muffler assemblies on the rear...helpful with an extra hand hear to support them
then move to the rubber hangers on the Y pipe

i then put the larger section of the two exhaust on first
rubber hanger going at the Y pipe first then the rear muffler assmbly
then move on to the smaller muffler assembly muffler then bolt the section of the Y pipe
i didnt use the supplied gasket for the front section of the Y pipe as the factory gasket provided a better seal

get to drive it finally today see how it all sounds
just wanted abit of tone change but nothing too obtrusive since its the wifes car

Old 09-16-12, 10:31 PM
supralative
Pole Position

Got to drive today finally and it there is a drone from 2-3000 RPMs with this system. Not so much if you are lighter on the gas than normal. Above 3000RPMs it gets somewhat quiet again.
Wife probably wont like it but will take her for a ride to see.
If she says no then off it goes....LOL and for sale it is.
Old 09-17-12, 01:56 AM
SCWB
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by supralative
its real easy
i just used PB Blaster on the bolts from the Y Pipe before i got started just to help them out
break those loose first then proceed to undo the rubber hangers from the muffler assemblies on the rear...helpful with an extra hand hear to support them
then move to the rubber hangers on the Y pipe

i then put the larger section of the two exhaust on first
rubber hanger going at the Y pipe first then the rear muffler assmbly
then move on to the smaller muffler assembly muffler then bolt the section of the Y pipe
i didnt use the supplied gasket for the front section of the Y pipe as the factory gasket provided a better seal

get to drive it finally today see how it all sounds
just wanted abit of tone change but nothing too obtrusive since its the wifes car

thanks for your clear explaination.
Old 09-18-12, 05:01 PM
bopnspam
Driver School Candidate

Just installed my M2s today and pretty happy with them.
I was one of the unlucky ones where the driver's side hangs low and the to right :/
Gonna replace my hangers when I have some time this week.

Install is really easy, 4 bolts, 6 hangers. Really no need for instructions: it makes sense once you look at the new exhaust and look under your car.

I think someone mentioned it before, but it's awesome how my intake sound kicks in as the exhaust quiets down when I'm pushing it.

Last edited by bopnspam; 09-18-12 at 05:16 PM.
Old 09-23-12, 09:42 PM
pmanliu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hows the quality of this exhaust overtime through the various seasons? Specifically I'm worried about it rusting after the northeast winters with all the snow and salt on the ground.
Old 09-25-12, 06:39 AM
bspeckpizz
Driver School Candidate

Hello all! I finally took a stab at this exhaust i like the sound at idle and free rev. But, under any load it is so monotone its driving me crazy. I understand there should be drone but this is crazy its shaking the whole cabin and giving me a headake. But, above 4k i cant hear the exhaust at all. Like all drone is gone. At first i thought maybe a leak but i cant hear anything above 4k

Anyone have this problem?
Is there a fix?

Thanks
Old 09-25-12, 07:58 AM
supralative
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bspeckpizz
Hello all! I finally took a stab at this exhaust i like the sound at idle and free rev. But, under any load it is so monotone its driving me crazy. I understand there should be drone but this is crazy its shaking the whole cabin and giving me a headake. But, above 4k i cant hear the exhaust at all. Like all drone is gone. At first i thought maybe a leak but i cant hear anything above 4k

Anyone have this problem?
Is there a fix?

Thanks

That is how the exhaust sounds.
From about 1700-3500 you can hear it then it goes pretty quiet under load.
I havent checked if you could add a resonator anywhere to help with that drone.
We have ours listed for sale and will probably try the Invidia mid pipes with the stock axle back to see how that sounds next.

Quick Reply: M2 Axle-back