Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

JDM 2jzgte vvti swap GS300

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-12, 12:22 PM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Did you get the orange and grey jumper plugs with your swap? Your gonna need them, I notice in the pics the usdm black jumper is still installed.

You can do it without them but your gonna need to repin the harness to the right positions.
Old 03-25-12, 12:25 PM
Mr.Gs_GTE
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 99 GS3
I'm gonna send you some diagrams and a pdf via email later today that may help you out. Looks like you've pretty much got this under control though, your on the right track.
Thanks a lot dogg, that will be appreciated. You've been helpful fam, I got the ecu yesterday! Thanks again!
Old 03-25-12, 12:32 PM
Mr.Gs_GTE
Pole Position

Which orange and gray plug? I believe the ones that plug in the Back of the black and orange black jumper.. If yes, then yeah. They are already installed. and I already moved the wires around instructed a few post back. When I turn on my key I'm able to hold the brake and move the shifter so I'm good there, unless I come across something later when she's started.

Last edited by Mr.Gs_GTE; 03-25-12 at 09:28 PM.
Old 03-25-12, 09:10 PM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

pliccaid, I just emailed you some stuff..
Old 03-25-12, 09:27 PM
Mr.Gs_GTE
Pole Position

pliccaid, I just emailed you some stuff..
Aight man, thanks a lot. I'm going to go through it right now
Old 03-25-12, 09:33 PM
Mr.Gs_GTE
Pole Position

Haven't gotten it. Did you send it to my aol email address?
Old 03-26-12, 05:05 AM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Pliccaid
Haven't gotten it. Did you send it to my aol email address?
I sent it to your paypal address that I had yg******an@yahoo.com..

PM me a different address if you want me to resend it somewhere else.
Old 03-30-12, 07:36 PM
Mr.Gs_GTE
Pole Position

I have a few questions here guys and any help would be appreciated.
1- will my car start with the intercooler not hooked up?
when i did my swap on my first gen gs300 i was able to start it for a second after I put in the motor and did all the necessary connections. but this is a gtevvti and Im not sure if it makes a difference. i have the engine in and im still working on wiring. i just got most of the wires i could reference/ varify on both the body plugs to ecu. it turns over and I can hear the fuel pump running on start but no start. my gas gage doesnt move at all tho so I may have an empty tank which I'll look into tomorrow and see if it helps. And i am not using the immobilizer ecu so thats not the problem.
2- would every wire on a body to ecm connector show up on the electrical diagram?-
Im in the process of repinning my new connectors and for some reasons there are more wires on the connectors than shown on the electrical diagram. would you say a 2003 lexus gs300 has morewires for the body plug as compared to the aristo? Idk how many of you guys has done this swap on an early model gs300 but any help would really be appreciated.
3_ when i try to pull codes I can only get the VSC light to flash, not the abs or cel what could that possibly mean? I know when the cel is flashing fast and doesnt stop there's no codes but with the key on, it just stay on. any inputs?
Old 03-30-12, 08:20 PM
Hardrvin
Driver

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

^ I'm guessing the first swap you did was w/ a non VVTI JDM motor in which case it would have been Map based and thus not having the intercooler wasn't an issue.

However the VVTi motor is MAF based, and unless you moved the MAF to right at the TB, and I'm guessing you don't have the turbo's piped into the TB, then no, it's not going to want to run.
Old 03-30-12, 08:54 PM
Mr.Gs_GTE
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Hardrvin
^ I'm guessing the first swap you did was w/ a non VVTI JDM motor in which case it would have been Map based and thus not having the intercooler wasn't an issue.

However the VVTi motor is MAF based, and unless you moved the MAF to right at the TB, and I'm guessing you don't have the turbo's piped into the TB, then no, it's not going to want to run.
Alright, thanks a lot man. I'm just going to slap everything together and try it again. And yes my first swap was a non vvti.
What year is yours tho?
Old 03-30-12, 08:56 PM
Hardrvin
Driver

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

^ In process at the moment. 99 GS going for VVTi setup. Motor is on the stand at the moment. Figured it was easier to swap turbo setups w/ it out of the car (and wow was I right. The twins are a bear to get at even on a stand).
Old 03-30-12, 09:00 PM
Mr.Gs_GTE
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Hardrvin
^ In process at the moment. 99 GS going for VVTi setup. Motor is on the stand at the moment. Figured it was easier to swap turbo setups w/ it out of the car (and wow was I right. The twins are a bear to get at even on a stand).
lol, i feel you on that. Im doing a single conversion on my 93 after this swap. but yeah theres not enough room to get them off with the engine in that car.
Old 03-30-12, 09:28 PM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Pliccaid
I have a few questions here guys and any help would be appreciated.
1- will my car start with the intercooler not hooked up?
when i did my swap on my first gen gs300 i was able to start it for a second after I put in the motor and did all the necessary connections. but this is a gtevvti and Im not sure if it makes a difference. i have the engine in and im still working on wiring. i just got most of the wires i could reference/ varify on both the body plugs to ecu. it turns over and I can hear the fuel pump running on start but no start. my gas gage doesnt move at all tho so I may have an empty tank which I'll look into tomorrow and see if it helps. And i am not using the immobilizer ecu so thats not the problem.
2- would every wire on a body to ecm connector show up on the electrical diagram?-
Im in the process of repinning my new connectors and for some reasons there are more wires on the connectors than shown on the electrical diagram. would you say a 2003 lexus gs300 has morewires for the body plug as compared to the aristo? Idk how many of you guys has done this swap on an early model gs300 but any help would really be appreciated.
3_ when i try to pull codes I can only get the VSC light to flash, not the abs or cel what could that possibly mean? I know when the cel is flashing fast and doesnt stop there's no codes but with the key on, it just stay on. any inputs?
So are you saying that you have left over wires from the last two ecu plugs that you showed a pic of previously?

I'm running a vvti w/ maf, and the car will start and idle without the maf plugged in. Idles very poorly of course, but it will start.

If so, post up a picture or list the wire colors you have left, it would help to see where your at.
Old 03-30-12, 09:32 PM
Mr.Gs_GTE
Pole Position

Just a sec
Old 03-30-12, 10:12 PM
Mr.Gs_GTE
Pole Position

So are you saying that you have left over wires from the last two ecu plugs that you showed a pic of previously?

I'm running a vvti w/ maf, and the car will start and idle without the maf plugged in. Idles very poorly of course, but it will start.

If so, post up a picture or list the wire colors you have left, it would help to see where your at.
Okay, besides the harness on the gs being different, the female contacts on the insides were too small to slide on the pins on the gtevvti ecu. ran to my parts department and looked up the partnumber for the right contacts and they came up to be about 22.00 a piece. so i said **** it, i went through a few old engine harness we had in the back of the shop and got come connectors with the right size. i pulled those out and i used them on the new harness.
Name:  lexpp4.jpg
Views: 1342
Size:  94.2 KB
then i slide these into the new connectors and I later fed the end to that of the pins being move in the right order. now the connector to the end of the ecu next to where th immobilizer would be was connected just fine. I had just a few wires left over. its here to the right of my hand. the one to the left is for the second to the last connector.
Name:  lexpp3.jpg
Views: 1594
Size:  120.8 KB
when i got to the second to the last connector, I pined in the few i found reference to on the gt ecu. but this is what I have left over for now. i feel like this is way too many wires to be left over.
for the car itself im using the digram from TIS so im sure its the right digram. but even some of the wires i have on the harness does not have and connectors or pin on the digram, like if I count E5, pin 6 and look at the digram for what its for to match it up with that of the gte there is nothing on the digram.
this is the digram.
Name:  lexpp1.jpg
Views: 1324
Size:  128.0 KB
DONT MIND THE STOCK ECU IN THE SLOT, IM ONLY USING IT TO KEEP MY CONNECTOR IN ORDER!
are you with me??

Quick Reply: JDM 2jzgte vvti swap GS300