Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Dyno 4/15/10

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-10, 03:50 PM
denut-L
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dyno 4/15/10

Well since the last time i went on the dyno, my car made 275whp and a whole lot of TQ with intake and exhaust "I think the TQ numbers are all wrong@350lbs " This time I've installed new exhaust system and gonna be back on the dyno this coming Thursday, hoping for better numbers and a dyno chart to show my air fuel and numbers.

Will be doing this at a different shop - MAP performance

Also have headers on the way and well be installing those myself for another tune, maybe in the next couple weeks.

I'm just a little excited about the new exhaust system and the way it sounds,plus wanna see if it improve anything at all before the headers come in.

Well update with numbers and pics, videos.

Until then!
Old 04-10-10, 04:01 PM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Jealous...good number. Can you list parts?
Old 04-10-10, 05:00 PM
GSJake
Lexus Test Driver

Cool.. I am in. How much are you paying for the dyno run(s)?
Old 04-11-10, 09:26 AM
denut-L
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sam430
Jealous...good number. Can you list parts?
Thanks but i think the TQ is off we'll see at the next dyno. As for parts, not much Just injen intake, custom exhaust, afc neo and another mod
Originally Posted by GSJake
Cool.. I am in. How much are you paying for the dyno run(s)?
Dyno runs are $150 per hour.
Old 04-12-10, 06:31 AM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Great! GL!
Old 04-12-10, 08:25 AM
Sexy_Lexy
Driver

Good write up, I think I might get the AFC Neo as well.
Old 04-12-10, 11:00 AM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

It's cool because I am glad that the Apexi Neo is "catching on" to NA V8 GS's! Look back at my threads 2+ years ago when I was telling people how great it was after I installed it.

EVERYONE was skeptical and said they'd only use the SRT intake with Race ECU. Now everyone is switching because the gains are real...and can be continually tuned to future modifications!
Old 04-12-10, 11:32 AM
denut-L
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah if it wasn't for you rock, i don't think i would be wasting my money on this car for performance wise. After all the upgrade you've done to yours and it showed in numbers, We have something to look forward to in our cars.

What's next planned for yours? Any more mods in the near future?
Old 04-13-10, 10:08 AM
3UZFTE

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by denut-L
Will be doing this at a different shop - MAP performance
Do you mind if I show up?
Old 04-13-10, 11:15 AM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by denut-L
Yeah if it wasn't for you rock, i don't think i would be wasting my money on this car for performance wise. After all the upgrade you've done to yours and it showed in numbers, We have something to look forward to in our cars.

What's next planned for yours? Any more mods in the near future?
he wants my supercharger LOL! but he cant have it... yet
Old 04-13-10, 12:21 PM
denut-L
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 3UZFTE
Do you mind if I show up?
I don't mind at all. My dyno time is at 12 noon till maybe 1 or 2. I was supposed to have my mufflers put on today but the shop couldn't do it in time for me to get back to work, so tomorrow I'm getting my mufflers put on at a different shop. Hope i can get them on before Thursday.
Originally Posted by vwynn
he wants my supercharger LOL! but he cant have it... yet
What did you put down with the SC? How much was the setup?
Old 04-13-10, 01:35 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

i have no clue since i bought it with the car but it could be like 320~ RWHP (larger pulley) wheel with everything else stock.

as for price.. i read around that it went for $6k new?? but not sure
Old 04-13-10, 05:29 PM
denut-L
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by vwynn
i have no clue since i bought it with the car but it could be like 320~ RWHP (larger pulley) wheel with everything else stock.

as for price.. i read around that it went for $6k new?? but not sure
Wow! 320 to the wheel is nice i bet. Are you planning on selling it in the near future or what?

Well, the second shop that i was supposed to have my mufflers installed never called me back to see if they could get my mufflers by tomorrow. bad service!
I called them after work and the guy told me they couldn't get that kind of muffler,"MAGNAFLOWS" Now earlier he told me they could. BS!

I'm stuck W/O mufflers and dyno day is coming fast. I'm thinking i might just do it W/O the mufflers to see how it goes. Car feels kinda sluggish at low rpm but picks up pretty nice on the top end. I called the shop and talked to a guy there, asked him how would my car feel like if i got it tuned and then put on the mufflers later? he said it shouldn't affect much at all.

What do you guys think and should i go ahead with the dyno or should i reschedule for a later date after i get the mufflers installed?
Old 04-13-10, 06:32 PM
3UZFTE

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well do what you can, if you have the mufflers done, I think it's going to be better, however if the shop is ok with doing a dyno with no mufflers, I wouldn't be afraid of having them do it as exhaust only provides a tiny bit of back pressure. I just wouldn't go out of my way to have them do a last second crap shoot job, just to have it dyno'd, not worth the time or money. Anyways, I will plan on showing up at noon unless you state otherwise. Look forward to this, is this Modern Auto Performance in Plymouth?
Old 04-13-10, 08:11 PM
denut-L
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 3UZFTE
Well do what you can, if you have the mufflers done, I think it's going to be better, however if the shop is ok with doing a dyno with no mufflers, I wouldn't be afraid of having them do it as exhaust only provides a tiny bit of back pressure. I just wouldn't go out of my way to have them do a last second crap shoot job, just to have it dyno'd, not worth the time or money. Anyways, I will plan on showing up at noon unless you state otherwise. Look forward to this, is this Modern Auto Performance in Plymouth?
I just wished i looked around other shops for this, instead of depending on this one shop. Oh well, worst comes to worst, at least we'll get to see what it can do w/o mufflers.
I'm 99% sure I'm gonna go 3uz, just check here tomorrow for update and if you don't see canceled then I'll meet you there. Yes it at MAP in Plymouth

Quick Reply: Dyno 4/15/10