Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

640rwhp at 19psi, Th400 w/ unlocked converter

Old 01-09-10, 11:44 AM
alpha6164
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here you go. I am gonna help you out These are pics from your engine and head. Any decent engine builder or head guy can tell you and everyone what trash it is.

From a respected engine builder:
The porting on those heads are some of the worst that I have ever seen. For christ sake there are still huge nicks in the port from the carbide even after it has been polished. None of the ports are uniform....anyone want to argue that? I have never seen a port respond well to having material taken away from the floor let alone taking at least .250" from it. He also did little to no work on the short side radius where 2u heads are in dire need of work. Also notice how the chamber has been cut out which in turn completely ruined the heads. I find it funny that someone would charge for that trash. He stated in his build thread that the heads were never flowed, but having ported and flowed these heads personally I can promise you they are worse than stock.

Only a fool would try to change a modern closed chamber hemispherical/quench head to an open chamber by freaking milling out the quench pad. It simply doesn’t have the correct geometry to support good/complete combustion. Combustion chambers like this are similar what you find in “flat head” engines. Not to mention the volume to surface ratio gets MURDERD by doing something like this.

Old 01-09-10, 11:51 AM
Brent77
Rookie

Phew, I don't have posts, but I do have experience.

Those are kinda rough bud. You'd probably do better with a set of stockers.
Old 01-09-10, 11:52 AM
c0wboy
Banned

Yeahhhh, you do know this build builds some of the strongest Toyota motors around, right? So if it's such garbage, why is it making good power? And what is my compression ratio, since you have the answers. Oh, and I know what "engine builder" wrote those scathing comments. It's someone who steps on the backs of others work in an attempt to elevate himself.

Also, you know what a quench pad is, correct? And 99% of the aftermarket forged pistons do not take advantage of it? Again Alpha, you're copying an pasting.
Old 01-09-10, 11:56 AM
c0wboy
Banned

Originally Posted by Brent77

Yeah, he's posting in process pics. We took the exhaust ports out from 1.5" to 1.75" and so far is running like a champ. The comb chambers are stock other than a few thousandths taken away from around the valves. Again, the motor is dandy, and it's 100 times more fun than what I had in my old white car.

Eric
Old 01-09-10, 12:01 PM
alpha6164
Rookie

Originally Posted by Brent77

Thanks the lord someone with sense can chime in here. And i call B.S. those were not "in process pictures." Please stop playing the i am the victim and everybody is out to get me role. We all supported you and were giddy excited about this project for three years. Do you know how many people build engines, blow them and re-start? Many. My first 3.4L blew a hole in piston #6 on dyno run number four because i had a douche bag tuning it that had no business tuning such a modified car. But i didnt try to hide the faults of the engine. I picked up my stomach off the floor spend the money and rebuilt the engine and this time i had Justin Nenni tune it the right way.

None of us would have been upset if you came out and said "guys i messed up, or my engine builder messed up, the engine is too high of a compression we need to fix it." Who cares no big deal. But when you try to pretend that because you have so much money and dont mind running Q16 or that it takes so much more effort to tune on pump gas which is complete garbage is what upsets me and everybody else that followed about this project.
Old 01-09-10, 12:06 PM
c0wboy
Banned

Originally Posted by alpha6164
None of us would have been upset if you came out and said "guys i messed up, or my engine builder messed up, the engine is too high of a compression we need to fix it." Who cares no big deal.
I dodn't sayI have so much money that I run Q16, I said that I run Q16 because I don't drive my car but once or twice a month. I don't run it every day or even every week.

Again, I don't have a high compression ratio. I don't know how to make it any more plain thant that. What do you think my compression ratio is?? I keep hearing about this, but I haven't gotten an answer.
Old 01-09-10, 12:14 PM
alpha6164
Rookie

Originally Posted by c0wboy
I dodn't sayI have so much money that I run Q16, I said that I run Q16 because I don't drive my car but once or twice a month. I don't run it every day or even every week.

Again, I don't have a high compression ratio. I don't know how to make it any more plain thant that. What do you think my compression ratio is?? I keep hearing about this, but I haven't gotten an answer.

Then please shut me up by running your car on pump gas and do a few 14-16psi dyno pulls all documeneted. Then i will bow down and apologize in front of the masses
Old 01-09-10, 12:22 PM
c0wboy
Banned

Alpha, even if I did, it wouldn't matter. I know that and you know that. I'm still waiting on your numbers for my compression ratio. This ought to be good
Old 01-09-10, 12:25 PM
Brent77
Rookie

Do we really need a dyno? Screw that, I wanna see a YouTube video from empty to 93 and then see you romp on the bastard!
Old 01-09-10, 12:28 PM
alpha6164
Rookie

Alpha, even if I did, it wouldn't matter. I know that and you know that. I'm still waiting on your numbers for my compression ratio. This ought to be good

High enough that your car cant see 16psi on pump gas and hold it together What ever number you wanna call that ask your magic whiz master engine builder that fubared that engine.
Old 01-09-10, 12:29 PM
c0wboy
Banned

Once the weather clears up, I'm strapping on the video and it's roll camra.
Old 01-09-10, 12:31 PM
Brent77
Rookie

Once the weather clears up, I'm strapping on the video and it's roll camra.
Haha awesome. You have to show an either empty tank going to 1/2 or 1/4 tank going to full. That's only appropriate since what were trying to see is your car here run on 93. I, personally, think this is fair. You don't need to strap onto the dyno ($$$) and we get to see what we want.
Old 01-09-10, 12:38 PM
c0wboy
Banned

Originally Posted by alpha6164
High enough that your car cant see 16psi on pump gas and hold it together What ever number you wanna call that ask your magic whiz master engine builder that fubared that engine.
I'm asking you.. because you brought it up. You're a smart guy Alpha, but you're talking garbage here. You're speculating on a subject that you clearly know little about, and I would gather have less experience with. You're copying and pasting nonsense and rumor, but at the end of the day, the car still runs like a champ and make good power. We'll be turning up the wick soon enough, and it'll perform just as well. Then you'll all be sitting around saying the same things.

Let me let you off the hook here, Alpha. My compression is 175 psi across the banks. According to the TIS, and maths, that equates to 9.6:1CR. Now that's dynamic. The intake valves close 37degrees ABDC, so again by the maths, the static ratio is 9.77:1... exactly the spec called out. -16cc dish on the pistons. See... I know what my CR is, and you're welcomed.
Old 01-09-10, 01:02 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,117 Likes on 1,292 Posts

Impressive and interesting build Eric, but this isn't a 2nd Gen Lexus GS.

You have also been warned several times on past threads that we do not allow (nor do we need) the back-and-forth drama on CL which you've participated in here again.

This thread is closed; please do not repost it.