Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

640rwhp at 19psi, Th400 w/ unlocked converter

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-10, 05:33 PM
HI98GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what's the beef between 3uz and cowboy? Man, this is just not good for anyone. I've dealt with Eric and have not had any problems with him or the items that were purchased from TTC. Keep the dirty laundy or trash talk in the private area. He just came to show the car and a dyno. He didn't say "don't purchase from anyone else but me" Hope you 2 can sort out your differences.
aloha
Old 01-08-10, 08:57 PM
c0wboy
Banned

Ricky, I've never even met the guy, that's the amazing part. I just want to show some dyno numbers of my car, and figure since the GS400 guys have much the same motor, it would be something on interest.
Old 01-08-10, 09:09 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

for the amount you have in that motor, I'd rather go with a lsx single turbo... maybe a 408 stroker with a billet 88...that's what I"m building for my truck for under 10k.

Looks good though, I wonder how it feels behind the wheel.

PS, love the manifold
Old 01-08-10, 09:41 PM
c0wboy
Banned

Originally Posted by speedaddic
for the amount you have in that motor, I'd rather go with a lsx single turbo... maybe a 408 stroker with a billet 88...that's what I"m building for my truck for under 10k.

Looks good though, I wonder how it feels behind the wheel.

PS, love the manifold
Getting a domestic motor to make power is reltively simple. Getting it to work with a Toyota isn't easy at all. It's a real pain to do it right. With the 2uzfe, I tried to make it as simple as possible, and have it as the factory would have it. As in think like Toyota, and try to take it one step further.

It's a real blast behind the wheel, it feels great! Thanks for the kudos on the mani.
Old 01-08-10, 09:56 PM
ElitistK
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

any plans with a 6spd OD splitter? I would love to have a th400 with that option once i start pushing serious power.

You sir, are an idiot. The reason he has to run race gas is because the pistons were cut with the wrong compression height. Then, being the morons that he and his engine builder are, they decided to use those pistons and then destroy the chamber by milling it out so the pistons wouldn't hit the head. Also, the design of the dish on the pistons is horrible and the machining finish is the same. That being said, what he has is a high compression engine with a dish piston that has sharp 90* edges all the way around the dish. Basically it would be a very detonation prone engine on pump and that is why he runs it on Q16.

And yes race gas in this case would prevent the engine from spinning bearings......You do realize detonation kills bearing don't you?

Erin
Is this true? if yes then you should probably post your compression ratio so all the whiners could take a break.

Last edited by ElitistK; 01-08-10 at 10:08 PM.
Old 01-08-10, 10:23 PM
exvelocity
Pole Position

Originally Posted by c0wboy
What excuses? Facts aren't excuses, they're facts. Let me say this again, my deal is and has been done. No one forced anyone to go into this deal, but it was satisfied to everyones satisfaction at the time of completion. How else would I have gotten the title transfered into my name unless I fullfilled my side of the deal? .
This it how, I simply trusted you

,this is your PM to me and yet there is still outstanding bill at Stage 6 Motorsports in Jacksonville for head work and some new valves and springs that were damaged during your disaster on a dyno you failed to mention to me at the time we were negotiating the deal

Stefan
Old 01-08-10, 10:32 PM
c0wboy
Banned

Originally Posted by exvelocity
This it how, I simply trusted you

,this is your PM to me and yet there is still outstanding bill at Stage 6 Motorsports in Jacksonville for head work and some new valves and springs that were damaged during your disaster on a dyno you failed to mention to me at the time we were negotiating the deal

Stefan
Not true Stefan, sorry. I paid Stage 6 for the rebuild as I've told you many times. I've paid them in person, 15 months ago as our deal was done, and I have the canceled check and receipt in my tax records.
Old 01-08-10, 10:44 PM
c0wboy
Banned

Originally Posted by ElitistK
any plans with a 6spd OD splitter? I would love to have a th400 with that option once i start pushing serious power.

Is this true? if yes then you should probably post your compression ratio so all the whiners could take a break.
I've hear some good and not so good things about the splitter, so I'm on the fence about it.

I've tested the compression from the get go. That's the thing about the internet. Everyone is an Einstein, and everyone knows that their way is the best. No matter how many times I repeat that the CR is 175 across all 8 cylinders, it goes unheeded. People just believe what they want to believe. According to the TIS, 175 psi works out to ~9.6:1. That stands to reason as a CR test measures dynamic pressure, and not static pressure. The intake valves close at 37 degrees ABDC as I recall [off the top of my head], so the static CR works out to 9.77:1 by the maths. Which is right where they were spec'd out. It's dismaying that folks hammer away at something when it's clearly so wrong.

Last edited by c0wboy; 01-08-10 at 10:51 PM.
Old 01-08-10, 11:02 PM
exvelocity
Pole Position

Originally Posted by c0wboy
Not true Stefan, sorry. I paid Stage 6 for the rebuild as I've told you many times. I've paid them in person, 15 months ago as our deal was done, and I have the canceled check and receipt in my tax records.
what part is not true?

1) the fact that the bill for head repair is at Stage 6?I already said that many times, if you don't believe me, call them and find out,

2?the fact that you only paid $1900 to rebuild the bottom end and turbo?

Look at that copy of your PM closer, you said that you won't leave me high and dry on the motor and yet 15 months later I'm still trying to get you to fulfill your promise.
Old 01-08-10, 11:23 PM
c0wboy
Banned

I paid for a rebuild though Stage 6, and if need be I can produce the cancelled check and receipt. They told me the price and I cut the check so we could wrap up our deal. It's been 15 months since our deal is done. There's been a lot of time between then and now, and I've not even received a phone call or e-mail in all that time about the old 2jz they rebuilt.

Edit: I've not gotten an e-mail from you in over 18 months. If you want to work somethig out, why not e-mail me privately? I'm not going to pay twice for a rebuild 15 months after the deal is done, but maybe we can work something else out.

Last edited by c0wboy; 01-08-10 at 11:27 PM.
Old 01-09-10, 12:54 AM
Frankdorn
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah, you guys need to sort that out privately. We don't all wanna hear the akward details and see the thread inevitably get locked.

Back on topic: that's a darn good looking car, man!
Old 01-09-10, 04:50 AM
GTEgs300
Rookie

Originally Posted by 2jznat
eric, you are not safe here anymore, dusty has sent dave a messege. you can run , but not hide. the truth has come out. darin did do a good job on tuning it. LET THE BUYER BEWARE.

I'm telling the teacher...who and what is Dusty.
Old 01-09-10, 07:26 AM
ScottURnot
Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

OK Guys, First, Lets not start all the BS Debate here! We can all Read the one sided version on SF. Then we can read even more on mkivsupra.net
Frankly I am sick of reading it all, its obvious that several people have strong opinions of what happened and maybe some people got the short end of the stick, but, its all been covered time and time again, ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NOT HERE TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, to what the thread is about.

Eric, I am really glad to see these numbers! This is excellent! Nicely done! Reppin the V8 in a inline six world is not a easy task, good form!
Old 01-09-10, 07:34 AM
alpha6164
Rookie

This engine is a big joke. After all the time it took and all the talk about how it will be a daily street car with gobs of power on PUMP GAS, now all we see is Q16.

I think it is very dishonest of you Eric to try to hide the fact that your clueless engine builder cut the pistons with the wrong compression height. To fubar things even more he decided to use those pistons and screw up the chamber by milling it out so the pistons wouldn't hit the head.

So at the end of the day you have high compression engine with a dish piston that has sharp edges all the way around the dish. Basically it would be a very detonation prone engine on pump and that is why he runs it on Q16. Show me a pump gas run that makes even something similar to what a 2JZ makes with 1.7L less in displacement and we'll talk.

You need to stop advertising this car and be honest that it is a POS and pull the engine and correct it before selling the car as a one off car.
Old 01-09-10, 08:20 AM
c0wboy
Banned

Originally Posted by alpha6164
This engine is a big joke. After all the time it took and all the talk about how it will be a daily street car with gobs of power on PUMP GAS, now all we see is Q16.

I think it is very dishonest of you Eric to try to hide the fact that your clueless engine builder cut the pistons with the wrong compression height. To fubar things even more he decided to use those pistons and screw up the chamber by milling it out so the pistons wouldn't hit the head.

So at the end of the day you have high compression engine with a dish piston that has sharp edges all the way around the dish. Basically it would be a very detonation prone engine on pump and that is why he runs it on Q16. Show me a pump gas run that makes even something similar to what a 2JZ makes with 1.7L less in displacement and we'll talk.

You need to stop advertising this car and be honest that it is a POS and pull the engine and correct it before selling the car as a one off car.
Actually alpha, youre' completely wrong. The pistons are just as they came from Ross. Right out the box and into the freshly honed block. It sounds like you've been listening to the know it all's that believe their way is the only way. Well alpha, it's your information that's a joke. The proof is in the pudding my friend. But I don't blame you.. you're just repeating garbage from another misguided human being that has 0 experience with this V8.

On the race gas, I run it because I choose to run it. On my old white car, people like you whined that I never ran race gas. Oh the crying never stopped. Now the crying doesn't stop because I run the good stuff 24/7. Back then pump gas was all I could afford, but now we're doing a little better in life so the good stuff goes in full time. It's a matter of choice.

Let me tell a short story. Back when I still had the white car, I used to drive it every day. A couple years into it, I showed up at a sumertime Titan meet. A nice fellow caame over and said something to the effect of. "It was a really nice car when if first came out, but it looks like you've really driven it." That made me sad. So now I don't drive my car hardly at all and a year into it, it looks as new as the day it came off the trailer. That's one of the reasons why I run race gas all the time, so as not to be tempted to take it out everyday and have it eventually look like a rolled up has been.

You may not like it alpha, but that's the truth. It's not exciting or controverisal, but then the real facts hardly ever are. Let me know when your V8TT starts making power. I won't come into your thread to throw salt, but instead I will congratulate.

Last edited by c0wboy; 01-09-10 at 08:28 AM.

Quick Reply: 640rwhp at 19psi, Th400 w/ unlocked converter