Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

VIDEO & Photo's - IS350 Supercharger Install

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-09, 11:51 AM
IAMJAVEDG
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Phiber.. here's the thing..

1. I don't drive a race car.. I drive a Lexus.. I didn't get my IS250 expecting it to be a fast car.. I have other car's for that my 250 is my daily driver / show car

2. If I was going to trade it in for ANY other 2IS I sure as hell wouldn't trade it in for a 350, I'd go straight for an IS-F.

You are absolutely right, it would be funner boosting an IS350. But I don't have one.. I have a 250.. and it would be stupid to trade it in for a 350 just for an extra 100hp..

I rather boost my 250 for fun and have a 250 on boost (I'm not trying to race anyone or have the worlds fastest car lol)

At the end of the day, there's a handful of IS owners who would be very happy with boost for a reasonable price, being that I am an enthusiast and also in the industry.. I thought it would be nice to make a bang for the buck kit that is affordable FOR the people who want it.

There are plenty of 250 owners who would be satisfied with boosting their cars and still being slower then an IS350.. boost is boost.

lol, now enough of this debate. We can talk about it in another thread..

How about we keep this thread on topic?

Last edited by IAMJAVEDG; 10-17-09 at 11:57 AM.
Old 10-17-09, 12:23 PM
Mv350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

im gunna start pinchin pennies to put this kit on my 350 trust me
Old 10-17-09, 12:48 PM
RFFG
Lexus Test Driver

Very nice...
Old 10-17-09, 01:42 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by djkhanvict
I don't drive a race car.. I drive a Lexus..
i agree with you, but some people apparently believe otherwise. /OT

I rather boost my 250 for fun and have a 250 on boost
There are plenty of 250 owners who would be satisfied with boosting their cars and still being slower then an IS350..
imo, if this kit does go from one-off to retail, it's a way for is250 owners to make more power as well as for bragging rights.

while a supercharger is great, we've seen in the forums that current forced induction options for the 2is are not likely to make more power to get is250 owners anywhere close to is350 territory.

that's not a knock against the is250 or the supercharger; it's just a fact.

on the other hand, for those who are looking for more power, can afford more power, and/or are willing to make the necessary sacrifices (if any) to move up, there is the is350... and the is-f.
Old 10-17-09, 03:09 PM
wETcOASTER
Driver School Candidate

Default My words too

Phiber.. here's the thing..

1. I don't drive a race car.. I drive a Lexus.. I didn't get my IS250 expecting it to be a fast car.. I have other car's for that my 250 is my daily driver / show car

2. If I was going to trade it in for ANY other 2IS I sure as hell wouldn't trade it in for a 350, I'd go straight for an IS-F.

You are absolutely right, it would be funner boosting an IS350. But I don't have one.. I have a 250.. and it would be stupid to trade it in for a 350 just for an extra 100hp..

I rather boost my 250 for fun and have a 250 on boost (I'm not trying to race anyone or have the worlds fastest car lol)

At the end of the day, there's a handful of IS owners who would be very happy with boost for a reasonable price, being that I am an enthusiast and also in the industry.. I thought it would be nice to make a bang for the buck kit that is affordable FOR the people who want it.

There are plenty of 250 owners who would be satisfied with boosting their cars and still being slower then an IS350.. boost is boost.

lol, now enough of this debate. We can talk about it in another thread..

How about we keep this thread on topic?
Wow, could not have said it better myself.

I own a 250 and I love it. I love the ride and luxury, mine is tungsten with Nav, HID, 18" staggered with sports, leather etc. I bought it for the curves, highway travel and comfort as a daily driver and I have never raced anyone once and thats not my scene but boost would be fun and Im interested in a kit if the price is right.

I could have bought a used stripped 350 for the price of my loaded 250 but I have a Busa for speed plus when Im driving my IS, I have either wife or my young daughter with me except when commuting to work.

Im a tech and toy geek, so boost would be fun just because I think its interesting. The thought of smaller displacement, boosted engines has always intrigued me so if this is possible with my IS then Im in.
Old 10-17-09, 04:07 PM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2slow
nah, that's not the name...it's been bothering me all night.

The sound is not bad, but i think with the BOV doug had i think it will sound much better!
Originally Posted by yayitscola
Believe he used a synchronic one or something but before he had a hks bov which gave him compression surge but the sound on foxmarketings IS doesn't sound like it's surging...just fluttering which I believe is normal
Synchronic BOV by Synapse Engineering. Flutter is not really good but this does not sound bad. The HKS SSQ bov (atleast the earlier model) seems to produce more than the Synapse.
Old 10-17-09, 04:24 PM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by projectdna
i'm amazed it was done in 10 hours spread over btw, what about the maintenance of this type of supercharger? i've heard that the LMS kit requires re-building every 5,000 miles. would this be true of this type of supercharger being used in this SEMA car?
As far as maintence for the Procharger C-2 unit, the company only requires oil change w/ their synthetic oil the 1st 500 miles then 6000 mile intervals after that.
Old 10-17-09, 08:33 PM
2slow
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GILLEXUS
Synchronic BOV by Synapse Engineering. Flutter is not really good but this does not sound bad. The HKS SSQ bov (atleast the earlier model) seems to produce more than the Synapse.
Yeah, that's the one. It doesn't sound bad, but the IMO the synapse one sounds better.
Old 10-17-09, 08:54 PM
ddquach
Intermediate

Wow, what can I say props to you guys for copying the LMS kit. R&D and install in just 2 days. I don't think so. The fact that this kit was put together in so little time 2 days in fact using the same ATI C2 Procharger as the LMS kit is a clear indication that its a copy. Sure granted the intercooler different, the BOV is different, and even the piping. But the same principal apply. Its a copy. The only things that should be similar is the supercharger bracket, Crank pulley, and the spacer for the bracket. All those should take more than 2 days just to fab up and CNC out, but not if you have one that LMS made. Come on you can't even use a different supercharger like Vortech or Raptor. Its fine by me if you want to copy the kit but don't claim that you did any R&D on it and brand it as yours. Was it roaded tested, tested on the dyno, tested to see what works and what don't. How can you with 2 days R&D plus install. I should know I help finalize and put this kit together when I was working at LMS. Sure I know cost was a issue and $5500 for a LMS kit was a bit too high for some of you. But I can tell you what it really cost to put together a kit like this. If your a real car enthusiast you do what better for the community and not profit from it and claiming ones kit is their own. If anyone want true facts about this kit I did this over 2 years ago. Even water/meth injection which was mention somewhere in this thread. You can PM me about it.
Old 10-17-09, 08:58 PM
ddquach
Intermediate

As far as maintain. Yes you do the normal oil change after every 5000 miles, but what is not know is that the bearing in the C2 Procharger is known to go out every year and has to be rebuild at a cost of $1000-$1500. I know this because one of the tech guys who rebuilds the supercharger at ATI told me when I had to rebuild my supercharger every year because it blew up.
Old 10-17-09, 11:49 PM
IAMJAVEDG
Lexus Champion

Thanks for the compliments doug

That means alot coming from the guy who sold me the wrong procharger unit, and refused to give me a refund not only did I lose alot of money because of you, but I had to spend even more to buy a new supercharger... and have yet to get my money back for the one that you sold me.
Old 10-17-09, 11:54 PM
ek9vboi
Lexus Champion

Thanks for the compliments doug

That means alot coming from the guy who sold me the wrong procharger unit, and refused to give me a refund not only did I lose alot of money because of you, but I had to spend even more to buy a new supercharger... and have yet to get my money back for the one that you sold me.
You mean

Give him back his refund!
Old 10-18-09, 12:21 AM
four o two
Intermediate

"I don't drive a race car, I drive a Lexus"... then why are you putting an untuned, unproven and untested forced induction option that appears to be thrown together by a group of shadetree mechanics to create a ticking time bomb?

Listen, I can appreciate what you guys are trying to accomplish here, but coming out and going, "Whoah brahs! Check it out! We like tooooootally built a S/C kit from scratch in 2 days! DGAF brah! Tune? Who needs it! WE GET SH_T DONE! DGAF!" seems just a tad bit laissez faire and ridiculous. What are the long term plans? Tuning options? Just because you got the thing to crank and revved it a couple times doesn't really speak well for the longevity or even the performance of the kit. Let's see some dyno #'s... hell, AFR's would be nice. Did you guys even log the thing or did you just crank her up and make some loud noises?
Old 10-18-09, 12:50 AM
dat-is350
Lead Lap

looks like this thread is going to get nasty....
Old 10-18-09, 01:19 AM
IAMJAVEDG
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by four o two
"I don't drive a race car, I drive a Lexus"... then why are you putting an untuned, unproven and untested forced induction option that appears to be thrown together by a group of shadetree mechanics to create a ticking time bomb?

Listen, I can appreciate what you guys are trying to accomplish here, but coming out and going, "Whoah brahs! Check it out! We like tooooootally built a S/C kit from scratch in 2 days! DGAF brah! Tune? Who needs it! WE GET SH_T DONE! DGAF!" seems just a tad bit laissez faire and ridiculous. What are the long term plans? Tuning options? Just because you got the thing to crank and revved it a couple times doesn't really speak well for the longevity or even the performance of the kit. Let's see some dyno #'s... hell, AFR's would be nice. Did you guys even log the thing or did you just crank her up and make some loud noises?
hey buddy that's great that you got jokes and all... shade tree mechanics?

Last time I checked Lexus Corporation doesn't hand out cars to clowns or "shadetree" mechanics saying heres a car, build it for the SEMA show..

Fox has been building SEMA cars for quite a while and forced induction is not new to him or me... just because we put this thing together, and said we did it in two days, doesn't mean we are trying to break a world record or anything.

We just simply said that it only took us 2 days to put it together.. what's wrong with that? People want forced induction, we pretty much proved that its not rocket science and it CAN be done on the 2IS.

That's all. Now when and IF we plan on finding a CL vendor to retail this kit we'll provide the dyno numbers and the rest of the specs.

Until then, keep hating and making negative comments because you're totally sounding like the cool guy around here for ragging on something you didn't do!

Also, how about doing some research before ragging on someone. iSuxeL has a boosted IS350 on about 5 pounds of boost, and im pretty sure his motor isn't about to blow.

When did we state that we're running an insane amount of boost? It's an IS350C .. meaning its the same motor as an IS350 with the same capabilites

Quick Reply: VIDEO & Photo's - IS350 Supercharger Install