Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

anymore Quad exhaust for IS 250/350?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-09, 03:27 PM
SeOuLiS250
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AS~IS
Hahaha...
You may have lost 2hp, but you've gained the awe factor without a doubt!
Since the Wald exhaust has apparently been discontinued (for the US at least; I bet if you have a Japanese contact, you should still be able to get it), you will still be one of the few. Aren't you the only one on CL?

Mmmhmm... Well, what do you think of rectangular exhausts? (Not the muscle car type, but more like the new Merc S-class's, BMW 7-er's, and of course the LS's...) But don't mind me... Just thinking out loud!
hahaha there is another member with Wald Exhaust in the East Coast..
so as far as I know,
I'm the only one in the West and the other guy is the only one in the East but I might be wrong since there are lots of secret modders out there lol
I was actually thinking about rectangular ones that you are talking about
my friend has it on his GS and it looks pretty good
you should get it if you are going for VIP look..I think it will look GOOD
but you also need to find a bodykit to flow with it
Old 08-05-09, 05:24 PM
someboy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

another problem thats stopping me from getting the wald. currently i have a 18" stock rims, if i install the wald rear bumper lip, along with the wald quad exhaust. it would make my car way too low....... and if i get the 19" rims from lexus.. which cost over 2000 + ...... OMG...... it costs so much >_<

or would my stock 18" be fine?
Old 08-05-09, 07:50 PM
AS~IS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SeOuLiS250
hahaha there is another member with Wald Exhaust in the East Coast..
so as far as I know,
I'm the only one in the West and the other guy is the only one in the East but I might be wrong since there are lots of secret modders out there lol
I was actually thinking about rectangular ones that you are talking about
my friend has it on his GS and it looks pretty good
you should get it if you are going for VIP look..I think it will look GOOD
but you also need to find a bodykit to flow with it
Ah I see... But we only see it from you.
Maybe... Probably have a handful in Japan. And I'm almost positive I've seen them from Malaysia or maybe Singapore.
Wow, really? Hmm... I might have to do this... I've been thinking about what I'll do when I get an exhaust. Quad exhausts are starting to be a new trend, and even though I love Javy's 911 tips, I don't want to steal his originality, so I thought... Maybe the rectangular tips!
I was thinking JP Vizage plus something custom to make it flow more (enclose the tips). And yes, I plan on going VIP!
Got a gold kintuna and a gold/black fusa on the way from Japan!

Originally Posted by someboy
another problem thats stopping me from getting the wald. currently i have a 18" stock rims, if i install the wald rear bumper lip, along with the wald quad exhaust. it would make my car way too low....... and if i get the 19" rims from lexus.. which cost over 2000 + ...... OMG...... it costs so much >_<

Hmmm... Don't know... Maybe try and get air suspension?
Old 08-05-09, 08:04 PM
SeOuLiS250
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by someboy

be ready to drop some serious money if you wanna mod your car,,
once you start,,you either give up on the way,,or go ALL THE WAY
honestly, Wald exhaust by itself will look odd (I've had just the wald exhaust for a while and many people, including myself, thought it was weird,,lol)
once you get the Quad exhaust,,you definitely need a lip kit,,once you get the lip kit,,you need to get the side skirt to make your car flow better,,and of course you will need the front lip..
once you do that,,you will realize that your car is sitting too high with all those body kits,,so you will need coils or spring or even Air to drop it..
and even then,,you will realize something is missing,,so you end up getting rims..
all that..will come out to be around 15k easily
I have a huge hole on my WALLET now,,but I had to pay to play

Originally Posted by AS~IS
Ah I see... But we only see it from you.
Maybe... Probably have a handful in Japan. And I'm almost positive I've seen them from Malaysia or maybe Singapore.
Wow, really? Hmm... I might have to do this... I've been thinking about what I'll do when I get an exhaust. Quad exhausts are starting to be a new trend, and even though I love Javy's 911 tips, I don't want to steal his originality, so I thought... Maybe the rectangular tips!
I was thinking JP Vizage plus something custom to make it flow more (enclose the tips). And yes, I plan on going VIP!
Got a gold kintuna and a gold/black fusa on the way from Japan!
just to confirm,,you can still order Wald exhaust
but will have to wait 3~6 months,,,i think
and I know someone who has one BRAND NEW in stock
Old 08-05-09, 08:15 PM
AS~IS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SeOuLiS250
just to confirm,,you can still order Wald exhaust
but will have to wait 3~6 months,,,i think
and I know someone who has one BRAND NEW in stock
Hmm... That's what I thought. Unless... I use some of my Japanese contacts!
But, I'll probably wait and try something different. Wald exhaust with JP Vizage body kit won't match.
Old 08-05-09, 10:55 PM
someboy
Lexus Test Driver

haha heres my plan so far, buy IS F CF dash kit from ebay ---> wald quad exhaust --> rear bumper lip -> save money for shop to install and maybe ask lexus to paint for me --> IS F 19" rims + new tires ---> angel eyes ( still couldn't find anybody who knows how to install it )

anyways anybody got a clip of how wald exhaust sound? also is it like the IS F intake, when you are running at under 3k RPM your car is still fairly quiet, but once you step on it, you will get this MEAN ROARRRRR? ( i am hoping it is like that)

anyways SeOuLiS250 thank you for the offering, if nothing goes wrong, i will contact you and hopefully have the quad exhaust within a month or two! thanks again!

i dont get it, people lower their car so low, doesn't it scratch alot? personally i don't like duper low cars

Last edited by someboy; 08-05-09 at 10:58 PM.
Old 08-06-09, 01:48 AM
SeOuLiS250
Lexus Champion

nice plan,,once you get all those, your car will look 100000x better
and no sound clip of Wald exhaust,,there isn't any out there,,and
I'm not planning on making one,,if you wanna hear it,,you can catch me at mini meets
most norcal2is members have heard it many times and they can vouch that it sounds nice

IS-F intake will give you that MEAN ROARRRRRR after 3K or when you floor your car,,
under 3k,,it's barely noticeable..

people lower their car cuz it looks better,,yes their front lip,,fender,,and even the exhaust tips gets scratched,,but that tells you that you are doing something RIGHT
it means that you are low enough~!!! LOL

others thing that it's stupid cuz you are damaging your car,,everyone is different so it's up to you,,
but I gotta say that if you decide to get rims and bodykit,,,a decent amount of DROP is a MUST~!! otherwise you will look like 4x4 SUV

good luck

Ken
Old 08-07-09, 12:22 AM
someboy
Lexus Test Driver

thanks for the reply, actually i was asking does WALD quad exhaust does the samething as the F sport intake? you know like below 3k its barely noticable but over 3k you will get this mean sound from the Wald Quad exhaust? or does it start making mean noise once you step on the gas?
Old 08-07-09, 12:32 AM
SeOuLiS250
Lexus Champion

from my experience,,,,you will only hear exhaust under 3k...and intake kicks in after 3k..
so to answer your question,,Wald will give you a nice tone,,
but do not expect anything super LOUD from this exhaust...
most of JDM exhaust that I've heard in person do not have crazy LOUD exhaust tone....
Old 08-07-09, 01:28 PM
someboy
Lexus Test Driver

once again thank you for the information ! that is great to hear, i don't want any of those crazy loud exhaust tone as i am on my 4th traffic violation right now. wouldn't want anymore trouble
Old 08-07-09, 03:39 PM
aliu603
Lexus Champion

hey someboy where are you located in cali?? I've installed angel eyes on my car if you need any tips or help..
Old 08-08-09, 04:34 AM
someboy
Lexus Test Driver

hey i am located in Bay area and around San francisco and DAly city
Old 08-11-09, 01:03 PM
aliu603
Lexus Champion

ahhh well i actually leave for school next week...umm if you wanna get it done we gotta do it soon loll
Old 08-24-09, 11:53 PM
Tommy350
Lead Lap

first time checking back on this tread, from when i first post a while back.... funny how the exhaust is discontinued and i just got it a few weeks ago....hmmm.... well i kinda had it on hold for a while i guess? with my buddy....

kenny if you want to change your exhaust you can do what i wanted to do... get the oval wald tips and make a custom true dual quad exhaust... if you remember me talking about that at BOS....

i'll post a sound clip.... it'll be sexy and funny
Old 08-24-09, 11:56 PM
SeOuLiS250
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Tommy350
first time checking back on this tread.... funny how the exhaust is discontinued and i just got it a few weeks ago....hmmm.... well i kinda had it on hold for a while i guess? with my buddy....
kenny if you want to change your exhaust you can do what i wanted to do... get the oval wald tips and make a custom true dual quad exhaust... if you remember me talking about that at BOS....

i'll post a sound clip.... it'll be sexy and funny
hahaha I already got something in mind,,,well,,I already got some ideas for my car..LOL..just gotta get myself a job first

and yes,,Wald had 1 Quad Exhaust in stock and that's the one that you picked up..
and it says it's discontinued but one of my friends just placed an order and he will have it in a month you just gotta know some people

Quick Reply: anymore Quad exhaust for IS 250/350?