ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   Performance (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/performance-199/)
-   -   Megan mid pipe question (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/performance/408418-megan-mid-pipe-question.html)

g0tpersian 02-09-09 01:13 PM

Megan mid pipe question

To those of you with the megan mid pipe, I got my pipe installed and cats are off. Is my car always going to be stinky like it is now? It kinda smells like a cross between smog and burnt rubber.

Secondly, would putting cats back on defeat the purpose of the mid pipe? Would it still sound sexy?

SeOuLiS250 02-09-09 02:28 PM

stinky smell?? hm..I don't smell anything from my car
maybe because it's new :D drive around a bit and it will go away

Phil888 02-09-09 03:34 PM

Yeah fo sho the smell will go away. If it continues to smell you should check underneath.. GL

g0tpersian 02-09-09 04:21 PM

Do you have guys have the megan mid pipe though?

I figured it would go away after I'm done driving it around. I also hear vibrating coming from down under. I have a feeling the pipe might be too high and when it vibrates, it's hitting under the car.

Kinda annoying. I only hear it at idle though. However, still annoying.

nsxiboi 02-09-09 10:52 PM

maybe you're pushing your car a little hard. I have stock exhaust and it smells stinky after some aggressive driving.

g0tpersian 02-10-09 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by nsxiboi (Post 4239984)
maybe you're pushing your car a little hard. I have stock exhaust and it smells stinky after some aggressive driving.

Nah. The car has almost 12000 miles on it, and I actually haven't been driving aggressively. It smells like smog now. I don't know. I only smell it after I'm done driving and I walk behind my car. I was just wondering if anyone else with the mid pipe was getting the same smell, or it went away eventually.

SeOuLiS250 02-10-09 11:54 AM

yes I do have Megan midpipe..no annoying sound nor any smell
you just gotta drive hard enough to burn the stuff that are accumulated in brand new pipe :p
trust me..it will go away..

g0tpersian 02-10-09 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by SeOuLiS250 (Post 4241240)
yes I do have Megan midpipe..no annoying sound nor any smell
you just gotta drive hard enough to burn the stuff that are accumulated in brand new pipe :p
trust me..it will go away..

Alright. Will do =]

SeOuLiS250 02-10-09 03:12 PM

also,,the burnt smell might be coming from your engine/ intake :p

g0tpersian 02-10-09 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by SeOuLiS250 (Post 4241847)
also,,the burnt smell might be coming from your engine/ intake :p

It's never smelled before. It's only had this smell since I got the mid pipe. It didn't smell today so I think there's improvement. However, I still hear some rattling coming from down under where the mid pipe is. If I take it in, I'll probably just have them lower it like 6 inches or so.

kayotik 02-10-09 07:48 PM

if you have no cats, your exhaust will smell. no question about it.

It will smell until you put your cats back on.

SeOuLiS250 02-10-09 10:45 PM

^ really?? I really don't smell anything..:p

g0tpersian
your midpipe might be hitting the heatshield..(is that what it is?) I forgot the same of it
the metal portion that surrounds the midpipe..just bend that thing a little bit
and you are good~:D

i3urton 02-19-09 01:20 AM

lol check under your car maybe a plastic bag got stuck under it?

dojoman 02-19-09 08:45 AM

don't get pulled over or cops will give you fix it ticket, driving without cats, way to destroy the planet. jk. :D

g0tpersian 02-20-09 01:32 PM

lol thanks guys.

I'll check it out later next week.