Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

HKS vs F Sport exhaust which one is better?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-08, 12:49 PM
leokcm
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HKS vs F Sport exhaust which one is better?

Hi guys~

I have a question for exhaust system.

Currently, I'm interested in F sport exhaust for my Is350.

What you guys think about that?

If F sport exhaust is better than HKS even if you don't think about those's price.

Also, F sports accesories are better than aftermarket stuff?

Safe driving ~and hava nice day
Old 10-20-08, 01:35 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by leokcm
F sports accesories are better than aftermarket stuff?

there are more cost-effective aftermarket solutions for what the f-sport accessories do.

now, if you MUST have f-sport accessories (warranty or what not), then expect to pay a premium.

personally speaking, it's just not worth it...
Old 10-20-08, 01:42 PM
2slow
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There are a lot of products that are 100% better than f sport and half the price. Do some research. People have various products from different brands. They'll probably chime in sooner or later.
Old 10-20-08, 04:25 PM
leokcm
Driver School Candidate

Umm..

Could you guys recommand some good products for me?

I know some products like HKS or Tanbe or Joes; however, I just wondering whether it makes my car's power reduce or something like that.

What u guys think about?

Thnaks for reply ^ ^
Old 10-20-08, 04:44 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

As far as I know F-sport and Lexus HKS don't have drone around 3500 rpm. The reason why I hated Tanabe is loud drone. Haven't had other aftermarket exhaust experience so that's my take. As for Lexus HKS vs. F-sport? I like HKS better because F-sport sounds too much like Ford Mustang and way too loud. HKS sounds more like Infiniti G35 or Nissan 350z.
Old 10-20-08, 05:39 PM
aznboi27
Pole Position

I just bought a F-sport exhaust from a dude in Dallas. Haven't put it on yet, but during my research this is what i got:

Tanabe = cheapest and not really loud
HKS = Exactly the same price as F-sport, but less louder than F-Sport
F-Sport = Warranty is good for 12 months, Pricey, Pretty Loud.

Hope this helps.
Old 10-20-08, 05:42 PM
IS350JDM
Lead Lap

I actually have the F-Sport exhaust and I have no complaints. "Loudness" is a matter of opinion, and I honestly don't think it's too loud at all. I like the fact that it's quiet when cruising, and when you floor it, it gets loud but a classy loud. I also like the fact that the exhaust tips are longer than some other ones like Tanabe, so they stick out a bit. You can see the tips from the side view of the car. I guess it is a bit more expensive than some others, but I made the stealership give it to me for cheaper when I negotiated the price of the car.

Just buy what you like. It's your ride.
Old 10-20-08, 06:27 PM
VikH
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by projectdna

there are more cost-effective aftermarket solutions for what the f-sport accessories do.

now, if you MUST have f-sport accessories (warranty or what not), then expect to pay a premium.

personally speaking, it's just not worth it...
I would agree with you on most of the F-Sport parts, but not on the F-Sport Exhaust. The exhaust is unique compared to the aftermarket alternatives. IMO, the F-Sport is a little too loud for me. I prefer the Lexus branded HKS Sport Exhaust.

Remember: There is also an HKS Hi-Power exhaust which is different from the Lexus branded HKS Sport Exhaust.
Old 10-20-08, 07:21 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by aznboi27
I just bought a F-sport exhaust from a dude in Dallas. Haven't put it on yet, but during my research this is what i got:

Tanabe = cheapest and not really loud
HKS = Exactly the same price as F-sport, but less louder than F-Sport
F-Sport = Warranty is good for 12 months, Pricey, Pretty Loud.

Hope this helps.
1. tanabe axle-back = "cheap"? hardly. however, it is very popular because it isn't as loud as most other axleback applications.
2. there are two different HKS axle-back applications, the lexus HKS axleback and the HKS hi-power axleback. while i have no idea what the lexus HKS axleback sounds like, the HKS hi-power axleback is one of the loudest axleback applications for the 2is. guaranteed drone, and guaranteed WOT roar. perfect for those who don't mind a little "noise"...
3. the f-sport exhaust system has a 12-month warranty IF you don't get it installed at a certified lexus service center. if you do get it installed at a certified lexus service center, then it gets added on to your 2is's factory warranty.

Originally Posted by VikH
I would agree with you on most of the F-Sport parts, but not on the F-Sport Exhaust. The exhaust is unique compared to the aftermarket alternatives. IMO, the F-Sport is a little too loud for me. I prefer the Lexus branded HKS Sport Exhaust.

Remember: There is also an HKS Hi-Power exhaust which is different from the Lexus branded HKS Sport Exhaust.
to each his own (i have and like the HKS hi-power), but for the most part agreed.

there are a few other applications out there, but unless you can specify what you're looking for, you're just going to be debating the finer points.
Old 10-20-08, 07:49 PM
HERBos
Lead Lap

wat if you get the f sport exhaust on your own through someone you know and you get it installed at the lexus parts department...would u still get the FULL warranty?
Old 10-20-08, 08:04 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by HERBos
wat if you get the f sport exhaust on your own through someone you know and you get it installed at the lexus parts department...would u still get the FULL warranty?
i don't see how that wouldn't work.

however, i've read of cases where certified lexus service centers refused to do any f-sport install work because the f-sport part(s) was (weren't) purchased at that specific dealership.

that, and install work @ a certified lexus service center will cost an arm and a leg.
Old 10-20-08, 08:49 PM
aznboi27
Pole Position

Hey guy.. First of all, I was just saying that the tanabe exhaust is the cheapest out of all the aftermarket exhausts out there for the 2IS (hi-power HKS, HKS, F-Sport, etc...). The price of the tanabe goes around 600-800 dollars while the HKS and F-sport goes from 1200-1500 new. Secondly, it is stated in the website below:

http://www.f-sport.com/assets/warranty/warranty.html

that warranties are only covered for 12 months or the balance of the car warranty from the dealership on date of installation and 12 months from date of purchase if done in self install. And third, you are right. There are two different types of HKS, and the hi-power is the loudest out of all aftermarket exhaust systems.
Old 10-20-08, 10:06 PM
juice14
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I thought borla's off road was also one of the loudest ones.
Old 10-21-08, 07:50 PM
HERBos
Lead Lap

would u suggest getting the f sport exhaust installed at the dealership?
Old 10-21-08, 08:37 PM
aznboi27
Pole Position

I did it myself. It's not that hard, just get some ramps, or jack stands... you can get the DIY pdf from Sewell web site. All you have to do is undo a couple of bolts and get the hanger removal tool to get those hangers out easily. 10-20 minute install. =)

Quick Reply: HKS vs F Sport exhaust which one is better?