Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

VSC and VSC Off Lights - Limp Mode

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-14, 08:38 PM
MikeTS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by burny
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...pp-sensor.html

Read my 4 posts in this thread link for info on getting Lexus to goodwill the repairs.
Thanks a lot for the info, Burny.
I will contact Lexus dealer and update u guys more in this.
Old 06-16-14, 05:18 PM
MikeTS
Driver School Candidate

Update: I have contacted a local Lexus dealer and it seems like they are agreed to fix the issue.

First I called them and the service manager that I talked to denied knowing any of the "Class action" lawsuit settlement. Then I went to the dealer myself and talked to that same service manager again. And I brought the printout from the Toyota Settlement with me this time.

I explained the condition of the car to the guy again, but he was still reluctant to agree with what I told him. So he wanted to charge me $150 for the diagnose, but I told him that I already know what the problem is with my car. I told him that I got the codes P1120 and P1121 which are related to the APPS and TB.

He took me to his office and called one of his lead mechanic who knows about codes to talk to us. I explained the same thing about my car again to the mechanic and he knew exactly what I was talking about. The mechanic also knows about the Customer Service Program from the Toyota Settlement so he said Lexus would cover parts of the Throtlle body, Throttle Position Sensor, Throttle Control Motor and its sensor, and the Acceleration Pedal Position Sensor.

So hopefully they will repair this issue for me for free of charge!!! I will update u guys more....
Old 06-16-14, 07:07 PM
burny
Lexus Champion

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Nice work and persistance
Old 06-18-14, 07:47 PM
MikeTS
Driver School Candidate

Update: Lexus replaced the Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor and the Lever Assembly for me free of charges (~$600 job). I thought they would replace the whole TB thing to prevent the problem coming back, but I guess they just checked to see which part fails and replaced it.

Now the car is running smoother than before and the issue is gone. Hopefully it does not come back.
But if it does, Lexus told me to take it back to them because the extended warranty from the Toyota Settlement still covers it.

Hope this also helps some of you guys out there, peace
Old 06-19-14, 08:07 AM
marshun
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MikeTS
Update: Lexus replaced the Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor and the Lever Assembly for me free of charges (~$600 job). I thought they would replace the whole TB thing to prevent the problem coming back, but I guess they just checked to see which part fails and replaced it.

Now the car is running smoother than before and the issue is gone. Hopefully it does not come back.
But if it does, Lexus told me to take it back to them because the extended warranty from the Toyota Settlement still covers it.

Hope this also helps some of you guys out there, peace
these are the best kinds of stories to me.

CONGRATS!

wheres that class action settlement paper at? just incase me or someone else needs it so we can get work done for free.

Old 06-20-14, 05:26 PM
MikeTS
Driver School Candidate

@marshun, here is the link to the Toyota Settlement page

http://www.toyotaelsettlement.com/Home/FAQ#8d

I got this info from Burny, and I want to give a BIG THANK to him!!!
However, when you try to mention about the "class action" lawsuit settlement to the service manager at the dealer, they may try to not know what you are talking about or maybe they don't really know it for sure.

Either way, you just need to push hard from your perspective and be persistent.
Old 06-21-14, 06:30 AM
marshun
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

thanks. these are the types of things i save onto my computers.

thanks again
Old 06-24-14, 12:17 PM
jonnyful
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Good news

I saw the recent post. I went to Toyota dealership . they told me to go to Lexus. So I called Lexus dealership. They told me to call corporate. So I did. I was getting the run around. So I called the lawyers in the case. I got the info needed. Case number. Ect. Looks like I was in the class action lawsuit. They mailed info to my old address. So I told them my new address. They said I will be send a check in the 4th qtr this year. For about 150.00. Cool!!! They also said that the parts covered are as follows.engine control module. Cruse control switch. Accelerated pedal assembly. Stop lamp switch and throttle body assembly. This is great. I would suggest that everyone with gs300s go to the link and see the info in it. I have a 1999 gs300 and those parts are covered. This is the best news I have heard so far. Lexus corporate said they will call me on Wednesday. ( tomorrow) and will let me know the details on were I can take it to get it looked at and replaced.
Old 06-24-14, 05:49 PM
burny
Lexus Champion

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Thanks Mike, glad I could help some of you .I replaced the TCM and APPS at my expense before this class action case hit. The TCM failed again after 3 months and Sewell's sent me a replacement for free. The sensor for the TCM is very close to the manifold and heat has to take a toll on it sooner than later.
Old 06-24-14, 08:09 PM
rgarjr
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Mike, glad I could help some of you .I replaced the TCM and APPS at my expense before this class action case hit. The TCM failed again after 3 months and Sewell's sent me a replacement for free. The sensor for the TCM is very close to the manifold and heat has to take a toll on it sooner than later.
yeah it gets real warm around the throttle body area, not to mention the amount of wear that motor gets by the constant opening and closing of the butterfly.
Old 06-25-14, 10:35 PM
MikeTS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by marshun
thanks. these are the types of things i save onto my computers.

thanks again
No problem man. Let's share the good thing to one another.
Old 06-25-14, 10:40 PM
MikeTS
Driver School Candidate

Yep. The info from you was a big help for me considering the situation I'm in (being broke, haha).

One thing I notice so far after the repair: the car is consuming more gas then before. I can see the gas level drops even just for a short round of driving. Not sure if it is due to the replacement of the APPS and Lever Assembly
Old 06-25-14, 10:41 PM
MikeTS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jonnyful
I saw the recent post. I went to Toyota dealership . they told me to go to Lexus. So I called Lexus dealership. They told me to call corporate. So I did. I was getting the run around. So I called the lawyers in the case. I got the info needed. Case number. Ect. Looks like I was in the class action lawsuit. They mailed info to my old address. So I told them my new address. They said I will be send a check in the 4th qtr this year. For about 150.00. Cool!!! They also said that the parts covered are as follows.engine control module. Cruse control switch. Accelerated pedal assembly. Stop lamp switch and throttle body assembly. This is great. I would suggest that everyone with gs300s go to the link and see the info in it. I have a 1999 gs300 and those parts are covered. This is the best news I have heard so far. Lexus corporate said they will call me on Wednesday. ( tomorrow) and will let me know the details on were I can take it to get it looked at and replaced.
I am glad this could also help you out
Old 06-26-14, 04:09 PM
GSproject8
Driver School Candidate

So I got my reprogrammed ECU back today and re-installed it. Started the car and still have no throttle response. Nothing happens when the gas pedal is pressed. Add new ECU to the list of items below. Does anyone have and other thoughts? (Don't tell me to go to the dealer).

Here's what I've done so far:

1) Cleaned the Throttle Body
2) Changed the Plugs
3) Replaced MAF with new unit
4) Replaced APPS sensor with new unit
5) Replaced TPS sensor with new unit
6) Replaced Throttle control motor with new unit
7) Inspected the throttle linkage gears and plate for smooth operation
8) Had the ECU reprogrammed.
Old 06-28-14, 01:40 PM
sivikvtec
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

What check engine light codes do you currently have?

Quick Reply: VSC and VSC Off Lights - Limp Mode