Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Exploded diagram of a GS400 fuel tank?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-06, 07:20 PM
morris
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

iohiojlikoppo oijio
Attached Thumbnails Exploded diagram of a GS400 fuel tank?-dsc05951.jpg  
Old 02-10-06, 10:38 AM
HI98GS
Lexus Test Driver

morris, can you get me the physical dimensions of that cap? The one with the 8 small bolts attaching to the top of the tank. I'm gonna find out if it is the same as an IS. If it is, then the powerhouseracing setup may work.
thanks
Old 02-10-06, 04:26 PM
morris
Lexus Champion

its 5 and 3/4 inches across the top.
Old 02-11-06, 09:17 AM
morris
Lexus Champion

oKAY I got the fuel pump out heres a photo. Now I have to figure out how to bypass the PSI regulator piece.

Oh another thing I dont see how you could use an aftermarket fuel line since it seems to have a proprietary fuel line output.
Attached Thumbnails Exploded diagram of a GS400 fuel tank?-dsc05953.jpg  
Old 02-11-06, 10:14 AM
ROPADOPA
Pole Position

do you see the syphon thing now,its the part with the hose that went to the other side of the tank
Old 02-11-06, 10:17 AM
morris
Lexus Champion

So has anyone actually done the bypass if so how?

I figured if someone else new how to do it, that would save me the time of having to figure it out.
Attached Thumbnails Exploded diagram of a GS400 fuel tank?-fuelpump-reduce2.jpg  
Old 02-11-06, 10:19 AM
morris
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ROPADOPA
do you see the syphon thing now,its the part with the hose that went to the other side of the tank

Yea thats gonna be the tough part because the hose siphon thing is attached to the regulator. If you pull out the regulator you also get rid of the hose thing.
Old 02-11-06, 10:39 AM
morris
Lexus Champion

you now now that I look at it are you sure that the hose in the bottom of the tank is sucking fuel from the other side of the tank?

It looks like that whole sub assembly is on the pressure side of the pump, and it is labeled as fuel return so I am guessing that it may send fuel to the other side of the pump for some reason not bring it fromt he other side of the tank. The fuel return line is attached to the psi regulator device so in order for the psi regulator device to work it would have to be under pressure, the hose is also attached to that same sub assembly. The fuel pick up I am guessing is that little brwon mesh bag at the bottom of the fuel pump
Old 02-11-06, 10:47 AM
morris
Lexus Champion

Now I am thinking thta the other side of the tank is like the reserve and that you are continually sending fuelt to that side to keep it full till you need it.

I am open to direction from others
Old 02-11-06, 02:43 PM
ROPADOPA
Pole Position

Ok Morris ill do the best i can to explain, you will need to seperate where the regulator hooks up to the jet return tube it will come apart no cutting involved.if you take it apart and bench test by blowing comressed air in the ports of the valve or your mouth if you like the taste of fuel you will find it creates suction so like i said before you need to utilize the return pressure to create a syphoning effect. The regulator does this but in your/our case we want to use our return pressure to do this. the part that has the hockey stick looking part dumps the gas at the pump side from the trapped side.

tap a hole in the hat of your assemby for your return then hook your return to the correct port on your jet tube.

hook up the line that you pulled off the one labeled line to tank thats the one that goes to the other side of the tank when you put it back in

all this can be done with hosses and clamps and utilizing the whole assembly just minus the regulator put your warbro in the stock location and then your done

in all reality the hardest part is tapping the part for your return and crawling around in the back seat taking the assembly in and out.

I have actually did this for a customers car but its been a while posting the pictures was s good refresher for me -good luck
Old 02-12-06, 12:51 PM
morris
Lexus Champion

I really appreciate the help and the fact your willing to take the time to spoon feed me through this. I dont want to mess this up becuase I am sure that this little part is pretty pricey from Lexus if I needed another one. for some reason

I'm gonna post another picture for the sake of others that may want to do this in the future, I think this will be a good reference post. Plus it will make it easier for me to confirm my understanding of your directions.

So Point A , I will disconnect the existing hose which leads to the regulator which is point B.
I will plug the new return line to point A
The hose that is in the tank will go back onto Point E

Now what about Point D? Dont I have to plug the whole in the pump that this comes out of? Otherwise all the fuel will just come out the bottom of the pump where point D was plugged in, when we really want it to go out the top of th pump and out the fuel line. If I do have to plug that opening in the bottom of the pump what did you use to plug it up?
Attached Thumbnails Exploded diagram of a GS400 fuel tank?-psi-regulator.jpg  
Old 02-12-06, 04:09 PM
ROPADOPA
Pole Position

You are corect disconect B and C as that is the regulator and you wont be using it discard it .Disconnect it at point A where you will be hooking up your return.Then E goes back to the tank.

Did you try to blow air in it ?
If you did you will see how it operates and makes you feel more confident about it.

If you get famous for the write up on this dont forget to plug GRIP for it.
Old 02-12-06, 05:08 PM
morris
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ROPADOPA
You are corect disconect B and C as that is the regulator and you wont be using it discard it .Disconnect it at point A where you will be hooking up your return.Then E goes back to the tank.

Did you try to blow air in it ?
If you did you will see how it operates and makes you feel more confident about it.

If you get famous for the write up on this dont forget to plug GRIP for it.
You deserve the credit for sure!!! How do you plug up the bottom of the pump where The Regulator plugged in I'm talking about point D, or do you just leave it open and free flowing? Not point D, I know that gets tossed but where point D plugged in

PS oh yea I know what you mean about the siphon part, we had something called an eductor in the navy that worked on the same principal

Last edited by morris; 02-12-06 at 05:11 PM.
Old 02-12-06, 07:55 PM
Burton
Pole Position

I did not do mine this way I removed everything and fabed a bracket, but you are correct to assume you have to plug the hole where the regulator was. do not use jb weld it will brake down in the gas. I would try to find an epoxy that will not brake down in gas.

Ben
Old 02-13-06, 05:08 AM
ROPADOPA
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Burton
I did not do mine this way I removed everything and fabed a bracket, but you are correct to assume you have to plug the hole where the regulator was. do not use jb weld it will brake down in the gas. I would try to find an epoxy that will not brake down in gas.

Ben
how do you get the gas to the pump thats trapped in the other side of the tank?

Quick Reply: Exploded diagram of a GS400 fuel tank?