Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

HX35 on 1uz low boost

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-19, 08:00 PM
JoeBlob
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default HX35 on 1uz low boost

I'm sure this has been covered somewhere and I've done some searching and found little two or three post conversations about it. but if I drive one of those up from the dead someone is going to flame me for that too so here's a new thread anyway

I've been doing a lot of back-and-forth debating over if I would rather go with an M90 supercharger or a relatively small turbo. I was thinking nitrous for a while just for ease of install but $60 to refill a 10 lb bottle would add up to way more than I would save over time.
I've been able to find very decent prices on M90s a good few times recently but fabricating an intake manifold to fit one is a hell of a chore especially without a TIG welder. Have a MIG available but no TIG.
I know an HX35 is pretty small but I am not planning to go with a standalone or any of that madness so I am limited to about 6psi on the ecu, so the bigger factor is boost threshold, I'd want a really quick and fairly low rpm spool like would be expected with a roots blower. Whatever route I go with a minimum of a Walbro 255 would be going in, an rrfpr, with turbo possibly a soarer/supra SMIC, Maybe some 315cc injectors but I don't think that's necessary with a reg and low boost.
Would be basic as possible, flipped manifolds with a crossover and an ac delete if necessary since mine doesn't work anyway 🙄
Anyone see why a HX35 wouldn't fit that role?

Last edited by JoeBlob; 05-13-19 at 10:27 PM.
Old 05-26-19, 04:33 PM
JoeBlob
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Anyone running a repurposed turbo off a different vehicle? Always seeing a ton of diesel turbos off of Cummins and powerstrokes but it seems like they end up on smaller engines
The powerstroke ones are a Garrett gtp38 and are fairly close to the specs of a GT3582 but the A/R on the housings is way higher