Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Sc400 1uzfe rebuilt ecu . Starts up and dies right away

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-19, 10:40 AM
Olypapa
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sc400 1uzfe rebuilt ecu . Starts up and dies right away

Why does it start every time,then dies right away
Old 01-09-19, 07:39 PM
t2d2
Lead Lap

Received 226 Likes on 206 Posts

Did you make any other changes? Did it do that before servicing the ECU, or is this ECU new to the car?

Mind reading and troubleshooting aren't a good mix...
Old 01-09-19, 09:22 PM
Olypapa
Driver School Candidate

Default Sc400 1uzfe rebuilt ecu

Rebuilt the capacitors on the same board that came out the ECU. After I did the water pump timing belt sparkplugs it drove good. Then just died. Wouldn't even start. So I rebuilt the capacitors on the ECU put it back together and started it started right up ran for like 10 minutes took it around the block soon as I pull back in the driveway it died
Old 01-09-19, 11:42 PM
KahnBB6

Received 1,216 Likes on 854 Posts

Have you recently messed with your MAF sensor in any way? It's also possible that it has gone bad but this would need to be tested to be confirmed-- that usually does not happen.

Do you have a copy of the factory TSRM within which there is the official troubleshooting matrix? If not, I can send it to you (can't seem to attach it to this post).
Old 01-10-19, 09:59 AM
Olypapa
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by KahnBB6
Have you recently messed with your MAF sensor in any way? It's also possible that it has gone bad but this would need to be tested to be confirmed-- that usually does not happen.

Do you have a copy of the factory TSRM within which there is the official troubleshooting matrix? If not, I can send it to you (can't seem to attach it to this post).
I didn't mess with the maf and don't have tsrm but can use it

Old 03-25-19, 07:51 AM
sc400bufny
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by KahnBB6

just wondering, my 94 SC400 starts up only when I give it some throttle and if I stop revving it it dies out immediately. I was wondering if I should adjust the idle RPM or just clean the MAF? I read that the CRC MAF cleaner shouldn’t be used on some models of Lexus’s but it didn’t specify which ones... any help?
Old 03-25-19, 11:10 AM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by sc400bufny

just wondering, my 94 SC400 starts up only when I give it some throttle and if I stop revving it it dies out immediately. I was wondering if I should adjust the idle RPM or just clean the MAF? I read that the CRC MAF cleaner shouldn’t be used on some models of Lexus’s but it didn’t specify which ones... any help?
don't ever clean the maf, anyone that's ever tried ruined the maf. are you getting any codes for O2 sensors? do you have any vaccum leaks?
Old 03-26-19, 03:21 PM
sc400bufny
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by oldManTan
don't ever clean the maf, anyone that's ever tried ruined the maf. are you getting any codes for O2 sensors? do you have any vaccum leaks?
I am going to see if I can get a friend to rev the engine while I go to check for vacuum leaks, since the engine dies if it’s not constantly being revved... speaking of codes, where on earth is the OBD port on these cars? I checked under the driver side dash, near the left floor panel, and in the fuse box but I can’t seem to find one?
Old 03-27-19, 06:58 AM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by sc400bufny
I am going to see if I can get a friend to rev the engine while I go to check for vacuum leaks, since the engine dies if it’s not constantly being revved... speaking of codes, where on earth is the OBD port on these cars? I checked under the driver side dash, near the left floor panel, and in the fuse box but I can’t seem to find one?
there's a circular one right next to the hood release handle and one right next to the intake plenum on the driver side. you can rev the engine yourself by pulling the throttle cables while you're in the engine bay. also you can check for vaccum leaks without running the motor like this.