Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

93 SC400 EGR System Temperature sensor location?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-18, 02:40 PM
NickSj
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 SC400 EGR System Temperature sensor location?

Hello everyone,
I just bought a 93 SC400 with a swapped 5speed. Ive been working on clearing a code 71 for about two weeks now. I’ve already cleaned the manifold and throttle body, replaced both the vacuum mod and the egr valve. The vsv works I applied 12v and it works as it should. I was told the last thing it could be is the EGR system temperature sensor. I’ve already bought it but have no idea where it’s located in the engine bay. I’ve even called the dealer and they said it should be on the EGR valve but it’s not I’ve checked and there’s nothing. Can someone that’s replaced this on a 93 please let me know where it’s located?

Thank you!!
Old 02-11-19, 06:52 AM
RobPitt
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1992 SC400 temp sensor location?

Originally Posted by NickSj
Hello everyone,
I just bought a 93 SC400 with a swapped 5speed. Ive been working on clearing a code 71 for about two weeks now. I’ve already cleaned the manifold and throttle body, replaced both the vacuum mod and the egr valve. The vsv works I applied 12v and it works as it should. I was told the last thing it could be is the EGR system temperature sensor. I’ve already bought it but have no idea where it’s located in the engine bay. I’ve even called the dealer and they said it should be on the EGR valve but it’s not I’ve checked and there’s nothing. Can someone that’s replaced this on a 93 please let me know where it’s located?

Thank you!!
Likewise, I cannot find the location of this sensor, or if it even exists.

Also, there are two vacuum hoses that run from the intake manifold down to some kind of vacuum valve on the left side of the engine as you're looking at the engine from the front. Anybody know what that valve is for? One of the lines actually runs to fuel vapor canister on the firewall.