SC400 a little sluggish/ odd idle - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

SC400 a little sluggish/ odd idle

Old 03-07-18, 12:51 PM
Driver School Candidate
Default SC400 a little sluggish/ odd idle

Picked up a new to me manual swapped SC400, was S/C by previous owner but now it's NA again. Had a ton of vacuum leaks/most of the systems were taken off for the EFI and had a rotted rear subframe. Replaced everything from the blown HG shell I had sitting here. Now it's running and driving 100x better but still doesn't feel as fast as I think it should and has a weird condition we're it will get caught in a high idle loop like warm up enrichment(1100-1200) no matter what temp it's at. if I turn the car off and back on once it's warmed up it will drop down the regular 600 rpm idle some driving will result in it climbing to 800. I was thinking maybe CLT sensor but there isn't a code. All I got was a 27 & 29 (obd1). That's sub o2's? Don't think they affect the afr at all but may be mistaken. Need some expertise
Old 03-09-18, 08:24 AM
Driver School Candidate

Most of the time, Sub Oxygen Sensors monitor the Catalyst efficiency, so I doubt that would be your problem. Older SCs tend to have issues with both the VAC meter and Idle Air Control Valve. Also do not forget, that OBD 1 only sets codes for hard faults (IE: the component has 100% failed). So even if said components are sending bad signals to the ECM, it will not set codes for them. Manual inspection and testing will be needed.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to and affiliated sites.
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: