Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

2jzge Prep for NA-T ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-17, 11:13 AM
suprasoup
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 2jzge Prep for NA-T ?'s

Hello everyone,
Im starting to collect parts for my NA-T build and have a few questions to help me along the way with my build. First off I'm looking to obtain about 500whp with maybe a little room to grow to maybe high 500's. I want a very street worthy turbo with fast spool, I've been looking at the BW S360,362,366 can't decide. I recently grabbed a 2jzge with about 65k miles on it from what I was told. Compression checked out on all cylinders about 185-195 across the board. I have the motor on a stand and torn down so I can replace seal's n put in a TT HG with ARP head studs. I already have the oil pan off and everything looks really clean inside, no sludge or build up that I can see. I have not removed the head yet but will update once I do.

My questions along with the turbo setup is should I replace the bearings n rings since I have the motor out and already torn down or run it un touched since the motor should be able to handle these power goals? Decided to keep stock block since the it has good compression, it still has cross hatching in all cylinder walls and piston tops are fairly clean with minimum carbon build up.

Should I replace the oil pump or do they usually last without failure? Decided to get a new oil pump for piece of mind.

When I do get the head out for the HG change do I have to take the head to get decked or checked for straightness if it has not had a BHG or can I simply clean both surfaces n throw on the new HG with ARP hardware?

I'm thinking of grabbing some BC springs and supertech valve stem seals is there anything special to know about doing this to the head or any tips or tricks?

I want the car to be reliable at these power levels. I appreciate any insight or experience from any of you.
Thanks

Last edited by suprasoup; 12-01-17 at 08:56 AM. Reason: Changed format
Old 11-30-17, 06:50 AM
RXRodger
Instructor

Received 202 Likes on 157 Posts
Default Turbo

You know, I was not aware you could turbocharge these engines. Cool! I started looking around in this forum and there are like multiple threads on people who have done it. There is really a lot of good information there. If you do a search you will find them like I did. Check it out, like I said I wasn’t aware but made for some interesting reading.
Old 12-01-17, 08:36 AM
suprasoup
Driver

Originally Posted by RXRodger
You know, I was not aware you could turbocharge these engines. Cool! I started looking around in this forum and there are like multiple threads on people who have done it. There is really a lot of good information there. If you do a search you will find them like I did. Check it out, like I said I wasn’t aware but made for some interesting reading.

Yeah you can definitely turbo these motors. I guess this age old question has been beaten to death just wanted more assurance I guess haha.
Old 12-01-17, 07:13 PM
suprasoup
Driver

Originally Posted by kitabel
The 10:1 CR is a problem for high boost. The Supra/Aristo GTE ECM retards spark on boost, yours doesn't.
Your stock transmission will not hold up under 500hp. You need more ATF cooling.
You need a way to control A/F mix + larger injectors + larger pump. New waste gate and BOV.
Replace the water pump.
Im going to be doing the tt ecu mod and running tt HG with ARP head studs. Planning on doing cd009 swap with other supporting mods. I got the water pump already and just ordered front, rear and cam seals.