Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Water heater bypassed

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-17, 04:34 PM
BsRodeo7s
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Water heater bypassed

i have a 92 Lexus sc300 that the previous owner bypassed, I was wondering if anybody has a picture or diagram of the original water hose connections? Everybody just talks about how to bypass the heater core, but it’s starting to get cold where I live and I need to replace the valve and get it working again. I would really appreciate any pics for my 2jz-ge water hoses. That’s the last thing on my long list of things that I’ve had to fix. After that is re-painting my SC. Please shout out if you need help or advice on anything for the 300 or 400, we have both at our house. Thank you SC lovers!
a
Old 11-02-17, 04:52 PM
logix7
Driver

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

im still a SC noob, but what is the point of bypassing?
Old 11-02-17, 08:17 PM
BsRodeo7s
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Bypass

reasons to bypass would be if you have a bad heater core, or in my case the water control valve is broken which would cause a leak. I’ve already put in a new engine, I stayed with the 2 jz-ge. I’m planning on doing more work on it next summer, probably a supercharger, if not then I’ll go turbo to about 500 hp. I’d rather go with the supercharger though. I just need a water hose diagram so that I can reconnect the heater. Some people are too cheap, or broke to fix the car right, so they bypass. If you can’t afford to fix it, you can’t afford the car. They should go buy a freakin Honda Civic, not a Lexus. But like I said, I have fixed just about everything else that the previous owners were to cheap to fix correctly. So if I can’t get a diagram, I’ll just end up buy the factory service manual. Which I’ll most likely end up doing anyways, but I wanted to get this heater working this weekend. But hopefully that answers your question... part broke, owner was broke, took the cheap way out, I ended up with a bypassed heater core. Hopefully the heater core is good, I’m gonna pressure check it this weekend to find out if it leaks or not. Thanks for the reply though. Hopefully I can get some more feedback, If you have an SC300, please take some pics for me of the water hoses on the passenger side of the engine near the firewall where they connect to the engine, water control valve, and heater core.