Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

NEED HELP!! relocated wiring harness in fender now car wont start

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-17, 06:21 AM
groundzer0
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED HELP!! relocated wiring harness in fender now car wont start

i have to figure this out today! i dont have another car to drive at the moment. i have a 93 sc400, i relocated the wiring harness in the fender with no issues but now the car will not start, it just turns over. no fuel or spark but everything else seems to be working fine. EXCEPT the security light will not come on when i lock the car (with the key, remote battery is dead). im thinking that is the issue but i cant find any info. please please someone help!!!!
Old 08-16-17, 07:28 AM
tjmhillz
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Have you rechecked all the wires to make sure non was cut.If the car was running fine before the harness relocation i would go back over it. Maybe missed something or forgot to plug something back. Have you checked all fuses to make sure none are blown. Also try swapping the battery out in your remote.
Old 08-16-17, 07:32 AM
groundzer0
Driver School Candidate

i fixed it....i dont even know what the hell happened. i thought i had probably left something unplugged but i re did it. the alarm wouldnt arm bc i had the hood open, derp, but after i armed and disarmed the fuel pump started working. then still no spark, checked voltage at the coils then pulled one plug wire and put my test light in it and cranked, got power, plugged it back in and it started. wtf. oh well, its good now. thank you for the quick reply!!!
Old 08-17-17, 12:52 PM
Yohan84
Driver

Originally Posted by groundzer0
i fixed it....i dont even know what the hell happened. i thought i had probably left something unplugged but i re did it. the alarm wouldnt arm bc i had the hood open, derp, but after i armed and disarmed the fuel pump started working. then still no spark, checked voltage at the coils then pulled one plug wire and put my test light in it and cranked, got power, plugged it back in and it started. wtf. oh well, its good now. thank you for the quick reply!!!
Damn, My 92 sc400 is doing the samething. Just turns over thats it after I relocated the harness. I hope its that easy of a fix for me. I have checked the fuses and relays are both good. . But I do know that I dont have power at all going to the fuel pump. Changed with a new one but still no power.