Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

SC 300 Headache

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-17, 09:11 PM
Mephobia
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SC 300 Headache

I'm currently living the ECU nightmare. Last summer I proudly brought home my 1992 "remastered" SC300. I have it sitting in my yard and really haven't driven it much because Intended to bring it out for the spring of 2017 completely finished, but on the weekends I'd start it up and smile at it like a proud father. when i first purchased the car a few years ago I had to replace the ECU and it ran great until September. Since September i have sent an ECU to Tanin but it was beyond repair, I've sent a second ECU to drift motion it was repairable and the car ran better / idles perfectly but it pours gray smoke while driving and black smoke when i rev it sitting still. I purchased a third ECU reconditioned from Tanin and it performs exactly the same as the drift motion ECU, therefore i'm thinking the ECU is no longer the problem. I plan on doing plugs, wires, cap and rotor this weekend.. Any thoughts on what i should try additionally; I'm not prepared to do a swap and I definitely want this thing ready to roll by spring.

Thanks in advanced
Old 01-07-17, 06:25 AM
RXRodger
Instructor

Received 202 Likes on 157 Posts

I would check fuel pressure, the maf, and go ahead and do the tune up you have planned because it can only help. Fuel pressure is not easy to do on these cars, just look thru the archives and see if anybody has a novel way to check it.

Good luck
Old 05-21-17, 09:03 PM
Mephobia
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

It ended up being a broken wire under the dash leading to the ECU.... I'm finally back in business!!!!