Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

new (not stock) power steering pressure line install with pictures

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-16, 07:37 PM
Big12ed
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new (not stock) power steering pressure line install with pictures

today i seafoamed by 221k engine, oil change, was going to do spark plugs but by the time i got around to finishing this install and looking at my headers (have an exhaust leak, was just taking a look at it, nothing to see other than theyre old...any header suggestions?)

first and foremost, if these pictures are gigantic, its so the blind can see them, youre welcome
i edited them down a bit but they may still be big.
i dont know my my phone's pictures are so weird.

second, i followed VGnoMore's DIY for the most part. heres the link:
339694-power-steering-line-fix-oh-so-pretty.html
some things were a bit unclear until i dove into it myself, and its very self explanitory, a 4 bolt job (minus the splash guard) so i tried to clarify them a bit better.

this is my first DIY post with pictures, maybe even ever? idk, long time browser and i may have chimed in a time or two on things though i dont think i put up any pictures. so its a ltitle awkward. ill try to edit it afterwards. i color coated things for anybody who is a beginner mechanic or just completely lost for whatever reason, i dont think i could hold your hand any more though this job. but if you have questions feel free to ask.

PIC 1:
the line i bought from idk, bought it so long ago, drift motion or whatever? said it was a "DIRECT FIT FOR 1/2JZ ETC ETC" only to find out once i compared it to the engine bay that it was like 2 feet too long. i still made it work. for comparison (sorta, its also the mat i work on) the cardboard is the size of a pallet.

PIC 2:
RED: the first banjo bolt on the power steering pump. has a crush washer if your going to use that, otherwise its garbage.
GREEN:in case anybody is very new and doesnt know where to start, this is where the bat and tray are. remove them so you can wrench on that. the bolt has a ton of torque on it

PIC 3:
these are the vaccum lines that you are to plug. if youre still confused, by the time you pull the banjo bolt off, itll have 2 vac lines trailing. those are the ones to pull off and cap.

PIC 4:
this is an underneath shot of the car, its just a bracket that finishes the line. if oyu follow the PS line from the pump, you literally cant miss it. it also runs to the banjo bolt on the rack, go figure.

PIC 5:
this is the bolt on the rack, the green arrow is if you move your head that way, youll see your oil filter where the X is

PIC 6:
this is another shot of the banjo bolt, the green is pointing out the filter, the blue is part of that bracket you should have removed. just for landmarks.

PIC 7:
the finished install, like i said the line was WAY too long so i just routed it around whatever i had to in order for the bolts to meet.
Attached Thumbnails new (not stock) power steering pressure line install with pictures-new-line.jpg   new (not stock) power steering pressure line install with pictures-pressure-line-from-pump.jpg   new (not stock) power steering pressure line install with pictures-line-caps.jpg   new (not stock) power steering pressure line install with pictures-10mm-bolts-underneath.jpg   new (not stock) power steering pressure line install with pictures-bolt-on-rack.jpg  

new (not stock) power steering pressure line install with pictures-bolt-on-rack-2.jpg   new (not stock) power steering pressure line install with pictures-top-down-view.jpg  

Last edited by Big12ed; 04-26-16 at 07:42 PM. Reason: spelling corrections, not grammar though.