Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

1jz Sc300 Cranks but won't start!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-16, 12:57 PM
1JZCK
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1jz Sc300 Cranks but won't start!!!

Hey all, so today I had an oil change done, then cruised home to vac my car out. Once I was done cleaning it I went to start it but all it does is crank. Not sure what would've happened I'm pretty confused on what it could be I've never had this problem before and literally only vacuumed my car before it started having this issue. It's currently -2 here and I don't have a garage so I haven't spent much time trouble shooting, but I'm wondering if I bumped something near the ecu when I was vacuuming. When cranking it doesn't smell like fuel or exhaust, idk just stumped at the moment seeing if anyone has any ideas. I'll look into whether it's fuel or spark on monday, but in the meantime figured I'd throw this out there now.
Old 01-17-16, 08:01 AM
salimshah

Received 992 Likes on 897 Posts

I am doing the same ... throwing it out there ....
Did you back into a pile of snow and chocked up the exhaust?
Can you bring the car in a garage to warm it up above freezing?

Check for spark and try starter fluid.

Good luck

Salim
Old 01-17-16, 01:26 PM
1JZCK
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by salimshah
I am doing the same ... throwing it out there ....
Did you back into a pile of snow and chocked up the exhaust?
Can you bring the car in a garage to warm it up above freezing?

Check for spark and try starter fluid.

Good luck

Salim
Exhaust is free and clear, tomorrow I should have some time to mess with it inside, if not by the end of the week it's supposed to warm up and I'll be able to trouble shoot. I'm really thinkin I mighta bumped some wiring near the ecu when cleaning it. If not they mighta bumped something when changing the oil. Cant be anything too serious, never had trouble before.
Old 01-19-16, 08:27 AM
1JZCK
Driver School Candidate

*Update*
Forgot to post yesterday but I had a chance to do a little diagnosing yesterday and I figured out its not getting spark to the coils. That's as far as I got hoping to look into it further in the next couple days here
Old 01-31-16, 08:30 AM
1JZCK
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 1JZCK
Hey all, so today I had an oil change done, then cruised home to vac my car out. Once I was done cleaning it I went to start it but all it does is crank. Not sure what would've happened I'm pretty confused on what it could be I've never had this problem before and literally only vacuumed my car before it started having this issue. It's currently -2 here and I don't have a garage so I haven't spent much time trouble shooting, but I'm wondering if I bumped something near the ecu when I was vacuuming. When cranking it doesn't smell like fuel or exhaust, idk just stumped at the moment seeing if anyone has any ideas. I'll look into whether it's fuel or spark on monday, but in the meantime figured I'd throw this out there now.
Forgot to post but just incase anyone else is having a similar issue one of my plugs under the dash near the ecu somehow got unplugged, plugged it back in and she fired right up ha