Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Weird problem with sc300 electrical

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-16, 12:28 PM
Bfullen
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Weird problem with sc300 electrical

Here it is,

93 sc300:
New battery good alt and starter.

Battery died over the winter when i left town.
Autozone recharged said its a great battery.
Placed in car it started right up no issues.
Second day I got up for work it started up perfectly drove to work parked 8miles .
Car is dead again at lunch..someone said they heard a turning over sound from my car, like the engine is click starting turning over.

Had some one help me jump the car but i think they cross wires as the handles began to smoke I immediately rushed out of the car to burn my hands to save my car!!
Towed car to a neighborhood mechanic i know.
I did a lot of trouble shooting and here is what im left with.

I can start the car but i have to start it by placing my key in the ignition and turning it to the right all the way. Get out of the car and place the Fuse on the board to turn the engine over.
Also the headlights stay on all the time no matter what so i took that fuse out. if it is in it clicks like a drum n base song supper fast.

When the car turns over i take the starting fuse back off and it continues to run until i switch the key off.

Interior:: 30 minutes of running engine no Ac heat inside. When driving there is Ac heat inside.

When car is running
in Park no dash lights
in reverse dash lights!
in neutral no dash lights
In drive dash lights!!!

There is water getting into my floorboard of the car somehow. I cant find the source of the leak its raining to much for me to figure it out.

Mechanic had no clue so i didn't want to pay a fortune in diagnosis from a mechanic chasing wires that has never seen this before.

Thoughts?? Need a video? have you ever heard this before? I have searched the forums over and over no one i can tell has mentioned this type of problem.
Old 01-13-16, 08:11 AM
sj408
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

check your fender wiring harness for cuts or being chewed up by a tire. Had a similar issue on a 95 gs300 and it was the harness rubbed through by the tire
Old 01-13-16, 09:08 AM
Kris9884
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Yeah^^ - If you're lowered this is most likely the issue. Getting water in the cabin could cause any kind of problem so check the driver fender first and make sure the roof of the fender is intact. If you see a bunch of frayed wires then you have some soldering to do and problem solved. The water issue is most likely a clogged drain in the sunroof area.
Old 01-23-16, 05:48 PM
Bfullen
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep, Solved the issue, Also cleaned the connectors everything works now! Thank you very much!!