Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

List of SC300 and SC400 ECU Part Numbers by year

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-17, 08:54 AM
Returd
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

awesome info, thanks
Old 03-22-17, 06:56 PM
kingblack
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KahnBB6
Sure thing.

First of all you cannot run any 2JZ-GE ECU on a 1JZ-GTE or 2JZ-GTE. Different ignition systems (Distributor vs Coil Packs), fuel maps, and ability to understand boost pressure (or not as with NA ECUs). If you are going to install a 1JZGTE then get the JDM ECU that goes to that series of 1JZGTE, preferably coming with the the imported engine and its harness unless you know exactly what part number for the 1JZGTE manual ECU you would need.

A USDM SC300 M/T ECU of any year from 92-97 is only applicable to an NA 2JZ-GE. The same applies when using a 2002-2005 IS300 M/T ECU on a 2JZ-GE VVT-i engine that has a wiring harness compatible for that application.

You can find out if your car has Federal or Cali-Spec emissions by taking your VIN number and calling up a Lexus dealer parts department. Ask them if they can help you by identifying which market your car was originally sold for (Federal or California). Their computer will identify all the parameters that apply to your vehicle based on that VIN number. You should also be able to verify through that Lexus call what ECU part number your car should have. They will probably tell you the superseded "Toyota Reman" part number for your car's ECU which may be slightly different from the original by a digit at the end. This Toyota Reman ECU part number also always ends in an additional "-84".

You can also look under your hood at the Emission Label next to the serpentine belt routing diagram. Unless the original hood was ever replaced for some reason it will say whether the car came with Federal 49-State or California 50-State emissions.

Check the first post in this thread for examples of the original ECU part number for a specific model, year, transmission and emission type versus the additional Toyota Reman ECU part number for that same model variant.

If you're in a bind right at or beyond or a deadline with a state inspection due to a failing ECU that's rough. I've been there :/ I recommend either pulling out your original ECU and copying the part number down to look for a second identical one on ebay and have it repaired at Tanin to make absolutely sure that's ruled out and then focus on your 1JZGTE project after the official business is off your back.

Also, when you take out your original ECU, be careful of the label on it with identifying information! Don't rub it or do anything to it if you can because those tend to deteriorate with age and become illegible. A solution I use that works very well: have a roll of fully clear non-colored packing tape and some scissors handy. With the ECU removed, *carefully* and neatly apply a couple strips of the packing tape onto the ECU identifying label, fully covering it beyond the edges of the label. There is plenty of room on the metal surface to do this. This will preserve that label from additional wear and tear so that the identifying information on it won't rub off in the future.

Additionally important: if you were planning to run a 2JZ-GE M/T ECU on an SC300 that is not yet converted to a manual transmission, know that M/T ECU's cannot control an automatic transmission if your car still has one. There is no circuit inside an M/T ECU that pays attention to what the automatic transmission needs for control and it will not shift.

Right now if you are against the clock I would focus on getting a known repaired 1997 A/T ECU in your car, making sure it's the correct emission type as dictated by your VIN.
The ECU is fine. Its just that i did the auto to manual swap and now the CEL is on. That's why i was asking about the 96 manual ECU compatibility. I didnt get the manual ECU cause from the info you gave it will be a waste of money. I just paid the extra to get my state and emission done. Im pretty sure my sc is Federal though but i haven't checked yet.

Last edited by KahnBB6; 10-05-21 at 08:36 PM. Reason: Only fixed quote formatting
Old 03-22-17, 07:08 PM
kingblack
Rookie

[QUOTE=kingblack;9810813]
Originally Posted by KahnBB6
Sure thing.<br /><br />First of all you cannot run any 2JZ-GE ECU on a 1JZ-GTE or 2JZ-GTE. Different ignition systems (Distributor vs Coil Packs), fuel maps, and ability to understand boost pressure (or not as with NA ECUs). If you are going to install a 1JZGTE then get the JDM ECU that goes to that series of 1JZGTE, preferably coming with the the imported engine and its harness unless you know exactly what part number for the 1JZGTE manual ECU you would need.<br /><br />A USDM SC300 M/T ECU of any year from 92-97 is only applicable to an NA 2JZ-GE. The same applies when using a 2002-2005 IS300 M/T ECU on a 2JZ-GE VVT-i engine that has a wiring harness compatible for that application.<br /><br />You can find out if your car has Federal or Cali-Spec emissions by taking your VIN number and calling up a Lexus dealer parts department. Ask them if they can help you by identifying which market your car was originally sold for (Federal or California). Their computer will identify all the parameters that apply to your vehicle based on that VIN number. You should also be able to verify through that Lexus call what ECU part number your car should have. They will probably tell you the superseded "Toyota Reman" part number for your car's ECU which may be slightly different from the original by a digit at the end. This Toyota Reman ECU part number also always ends in an additional "-84".<br /><br />You can also look under your hood at the Emission Label next to the serpentine belt routing diagram. Unless the original hood was ever replaced for some reason it will say whether the car came with Federal 49-State or California 50-State emissions.<br /><br />Check the first post in this thread for examples of the original ECU part number for a specific model, year, transmission and emission type versus the additional Toyota Reman ECU part number for that same model variant.<br /><br />If you're in a bind right at or beyond or a deadline with a state inspection due to a failing ECU that's rough. I've been there :/ I recommend either pulling out your original ECU and copying the part number down to look for a second identical one on ebay and have it repaired at Tanin to make absolutely sure that's ruled out and then focus on your 1JZGTE project after the official business is off your back.<br /><br />Also, when you take out your original ECU, be careful of the label on it with identifying information! Don't rub it or do anything to it if you can because those tend to deteriorate with age and become illegible. A solution I use that works very well: have a roll of fully clear non-colored packing tape and some scissors handy. With the ECU removed, *carefully* and neatly apply a couple strips of the packing tape onto the ECU identifying label, fully covering it beyond the edges of the label. There is plenty of room on the metal surface to do this. This will preserve that label from additional wear and tear so that the identifying information on it won't rub off in the future.<br /><br />Additionally important: if you were planning to run a 2JZ-GE M/T ECU on an SC300 that is not yet converted to a manual transmission, know that M/T ECU's cannot control an automatic transmission if your car still has one. There is no circuit inside an M/T ECU that pays attention to what the automatic transmission needs for control and it will not shift.<br /><br />Right now if you are against the clock I would focus on getting a known repaired 1997 A/T ECU in your car, making sure it's the correct emission type as dictated by your VIN.[/QU<br /><br />The ECU is fine. Its just that i did the auto to manual swap and now the CEL is on. That's why i was asking about the 96 manual ECU compatibility. I didnt get the manual ECU cause from the info you gave it will be a waste of money. I just paid the extra to get my state and emission done. Im pretty sure my sc is Federal though but i haven't checked yet.
​​​​​​​I just checked and it a California emissions. I meant to say pretty sure its not Federal
Old 05-26-17, 04:25 AM
ScDan
Driver School Candidate

Default 95 sc3

that list is very helpful, if your still updating the list- 95 sc300 federal is part numbe 89661-24350
does anyone know for sure what ecu i can run my car with? its a 95 sc3 and im looking a a 96 ecu. from what i under stand there will be a cel from the 95 not haveing heated o2 sensors. also can anyone confirm that if i find a 92-94 ecu it will work?
List of SC300 and SC400 ECU Part Numbers by year-sc-ecu.jpg
Thanks Dan

Last edited by ScDan; 05-26-17 at 04:30 AM.
Old 05-26-17, 06:49 PM
KahnBB6

Received 1,221 Likes on 856 Posts

Originally Posted by ScDan
that list is very helpful, if your still updating the list- 95 sc300 federal is part numbe 89661-24350
List updated. Confusingly there are now two ECU part numbers for 1995 Lexus SC300 A/T Federal models. Perhaps one is has traction control and one doesn't? No idea. I checked both P/N's in a Lexus Trademotion dealer site to verify.

does anyone know for sure what ecu i can run my car with? its a 95 sc3 and im looking a a 96 ecu.
from what i under stand there will be a cel from the 95 not haveing heated o2 sensors. also can anyone confirm that if i find a 92-94 ecu it will work?
Dan, what I know is that a 1995 SC300 A/T Federal should not have heated O2 sensors. Only the 1995 Cali-Spec Emissions version in A/T or M/T has those to meet slightly different standards for that year. 1996+ SC300's with true OBD2 should have heated O2 sensors.

Looking at the list again it does look like 1995 SC300's do have different ECU part numbers for both Federal and Cali-Spec Emissions. 92-94 SC300's have their own ECU's for Federal and Cali-Spec.

Last edited by KahnBB6; 05-26-17 at 06:59 PM.
Old 01-24-18, 04:07 AM
andiniku
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pulled out my ECU from SC400 92" and it is 89661-24410. By this thread listing that means the ECU were already changed in my car?
Because 89661-24410 says 94" and later.
I am really confused now because my ECU was faulty and i replaced capacitors for it but it didn't help at all, so could it be because of wrong ECU part number?
Old 08-06-18, 06:36 PM
Returd
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

I have a 92 and a 93 SC400. The 93 is a parts car and I pulled a 89661-24230 out of it. The caps in this piece are Nichicom brand. I assume these are originals (and troublesome)?? they appear to be fine, but if original they are getting old. I'm debating swapping the caps since I have this out, and then swapping the recapped ECU into my 92 driver just for piece of mind of know I won't have a ECU capacitor problem in the future.

Looking at the numbers listed in above posts the ECU's appear to be compatible.

Are the Nichicom caps problematic, am I missing anything?
Old 08-11-22, 09:14 AM
Duck05
Racer

Received 360 Likes on 241 Posts

Add 24331 as a ‘92 SC300 ECU. Automatic and presumed California emissions part.

The following users liked this post:
KahnBB6 (08-11-22)
Old 08-11-22, 06:57 PM
KahnBB6

Received 1,221 Likes on 856 Posts

Originally Posted by Duck05
Add 24331 as a ‘92 SC300 ECU. Automatic and presumed California emissions part.

Added to the list! Thank you!!