Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Launch control mapecu3

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-15, 07:48 PM
scmaluco
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Launch control mapecu3

Has anyone here setup this on their 2jz.. I got a automatic and want to set this up.. I read the manual and it said to connect the grey wire from the ecu to the igf wire. (Cut igf wire and connect the grey wire to it. I'm confused on the b58 .. Is that the plug that the wire is on?

Thanks
Old 11-12-15, 04:28 AM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

The MapECU3 forum has some real brilliant "heavy hitters" participating. I'd post over there. I have not installed mine and only know of three guys here that use them. ALISC3 knows it quite well.

http://www.mapecu.co.nz/forum/
Old 11-12-15, 07:36 PM
scmaluco
Driver

I'm already on there but it's hard to get them to respond. Anyways I need a real tune.. I got this base tune and it's pretty bad *** but I need to turn up the boost. I'm at 14 psi just on fuel map. Didn't tweak the ignition yet.
Old 11-16-15, 01:04 PM
scmaluco
Driver

Again no input on this? Just trying to find the damn ifg wire on the ecu plug. Anyone . Thanks
Old 11-16-15, 03:14 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

the map ecu simulates the IGF signal, so essentially you are cutting off the wire from the ignitor to the ecu, and then wiring up the map ecu to the ecu.
so you cut the wire on b58 and you connect it to the map ecu pin for IGF.

here is a pinout
http://wilbo666.pbworks.com/w/page/4...ngine%20Wiring

IGF is pin B58 on the ecu plug on the big connector there is a picture in the link above.

questions:
what ecu are you using?
do you have a wideband installed?
whats your AFR reading at 14 psi now?
what size injectors are you running?

depending on the ecu and answers to those questions you can run more boost with the map ecu 3.
If you are on the limit of fuel already then no you can't run more boost.
the more you list about your setup the more helpful my next answer will be, good luck.

launch control is just in the settings after you hook up the right wires, the map ecu will trick

Last edited by Ali SC3; 11-16-15 at 03:18 PM.
Old 11-22-15, 04:06 PM
scmaluco
Driver

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
the map ecu simulates the IGF signal, so essentially you are cutting off the wire from the ignitor to the ecu, and then wiring up the map ecu to the ecu.
so you cut the wire on b58 and you connect it to the map ecu pin for IGF.

here is a pinout
http://wilbo666.pbworks.com/w/page/4...ngine%20Wiring

IGF is pin B58 on the ecu plug on the big connector there is a picture in the link above.

questions:
what ecu are you using?
do you have a wideband installed?
whats your AFR reading at 14 psi now?
what size injectors are you running?

depending on the ecu and answers to those questions you can run more boost with the map ecu 3.
If you are on the limit of fuel already then no you can't run more boost.
the more you list about your setup the more helpful my next answer will be, good luck.

launch control is just in the settings after you hook up the right wires, the map ecu will trick
So I'm running
2jzgte single turbo
S366
550cc usdm
Stock jdm ecu
Walbro 255 pump

So I'm running 13-14psi.
Aem wideband
Afr is at 11.5 in boost.

I cleaned my air filter the other day and now the tune is light weight messed up. It's in the 10.5 -10.8 Anyways. We haven't messed with the timing yet..
Old 11-23-15, 04:42 AM
LoveSCs
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by scmaluco
I'm already on there but it's hard to get them to respond. Anyways I need a real tune.. I got this base tune and it's pretty bad *** but I need to turn up the boost. I'm at 14 psi just on fuel map. Didn't tweak the ignition yet.

I am running MAPECU 3 as well and I have always wondered if the ignition map even needs to be tweaked? I always thought that as long as you are running an OEM GTE ECU, the OEM ECU will handle knock?

Can somebody please verify this?
Old 11-24-15, 11:33 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

So I'm running
2jzgte single turbo
S366
550cc usdm
Stock jdm ecu
Walbro 255 pump

So I'm running 13-14psi.
Aem wideband
Afr is at 11.5 in boost.

I cleaned my air filter the other day and now the tune is light weight messed up. It's in the 10.5 -10.8 Anyways. We haven't messed with the timing yet..
I don't know how to activate launch control on the map ecu I have never used it on that ecu before, only with AEM ems v1.

I do know that cause its a piggyback, the stock ecu needs to see IGF, and launch control usually cuts off IGF, so you wire it up so that the map ecu is faking the IGF to the ecu instead of ignitor. thats step 1 and the wiring you talked about above.

then you need to mess with the settings in the map ecu to make it build boost, its probably on the map ecu forums or something, and not sure how its activated on the map ecu (you asked me via PM but I am posting it here for others). on some ecu's like the aem ems it just does it below a certain speed, check the settings out.

the setup part you posted was more about raising the boost. if your afr's are in the 10's then that is good, you can raise the boost some. dont raise it to where it gets leaner than 11's or else you can go lean and hurt the motor. so raise it in small increments and make sure afr is still good, with 550's you should have plenty of ability to adjust in the map ecu to get more fuel if needed and I think on that one you can set a new boost level for boost cut, thats about it its not too bad really.

Originally Posted by LoveSCs
I am running MAPECU 3 as well and I have always wondered if the ignition map even needs to be tweaked? I always thought that as long as you are running an OEM GTE ECU, the OEM ECU will handle knock?

Can somebody please verify this?
it does but it all depends on the setup and how much boost. generally its fine for most street setups and 550cc injectors, but way above that then you might want to look into pulling timing before there is knock. the ecu can only pull timing after knock but it does learn so that the next pull you do will have less timing if it detects knock, but those first few pulls you want to survive but with good gas and not a crazy amount of boost its generally accepted as fine timing wise.
Old 12-07-15, 06:01 PM
nuturf87
Pole Position

Has anyone here setup this on their 2jz.. I got a automatic and want to set this up.. I read the manual and it said to connect the grey wire from the ecu to the igf wire. (Cut igf wire and connect the grey wire to it. I'm confused on the b58 .. Is that the plug that the wire is on?

Thanks
First, you have to have ignition control wired as its the only way mapecu3 will let you function due to timing retard needed for launch control. Second has a clutch switch option that is on mapecu3 (used to activate launch control) Third, launch control arming switch wired in parallel with clutch switch to be able to disable launch control. a magnetic reed switch is also recommended for clutch. Clutch switch option for launch control can be wired into the KVF input , MAF input, or external map sensor input. I have yet to see a automatic launch control option for mapecu3 for auto cars. Only shows for manual transmissiom. Standalone with auto control is the best bet for auto car.

Last edited by nuturf87; 12-07-15 at 06:05 PM.
Old 12-14-15, 07:15 AM
scmaluco
Driver

My trans just went out last wed. So it will b a min. Until I fix that.. since I had to get other projects done that set me back a few k's. Sad but fk can't wait to swap a 5.or 6 speed.