Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Sc400 Newbie Needs help

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-15, 01:46 PM
Zak92Sc400
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sc400 Newbie Needs help

brand new to these forums. 6.15.15

3rd owner of a:
92 sc400 1uz

227k miles

sparkplugs/airfilter/fuel filter
(replaced 50 miles ago)

black plasti dip (always doing new paintjobs on it)

5% tint all around

18' tsw wheels

traction controll ecu unplugged as the previous owner messed with the button and it does not work and traction controll would always drop rpm levels when i hit a tiny bump in the road accelerating from 0-50
(unplugging ecu makes no light pop up when kep is in ignition) which is common sense..

cleaned idle air contoll valve and throttle body

he also snipped the abs

tilt motor doesn not go up/down (needs hose washer)

ac does not blow cold air
(needs conversion from r12)

previous owner had a switch that opened the exhaust to (mess with people at the light) #idiot
AND WELDED IT BACKWARDS
plus the metal disc that opened the exhaust dislodged and would rattle and leave the air way open for horrible performance

Now to why im on the performance forums:

i had to delete his backwards welding job and decited to just straight pipe my exhaust. (as money was tight and needed inmediate fix) (yes i know it was stupid)

current exhaust (have new mufflers installed not seen in any of the picures posted) as i did not take any

now i am in the persuit of trying to find a dyno tuning facility to help me see the stats on HP and loss of torque as the exhaust pulse is no where near what it was and want to get everything back in tune

this vehicle is not a money pit project, it is a 20 year olds daily driver and has no performance upgrade and was not planning on it due to high milage and poor upkeep by previous owners

(i had to deal with their untreated problems/fix/replace all necessary parts)

Now to why i created this post:

i just want to make sure my sc400 is all in tune and will serve its function as as a daily driver (after what was done to the exhaust system) and was wondering if there was any way for possible increase in performance by getting a tune done

(you can tell im a newbie)

(please refrain from being profound as im a new owner and want to learn from quality individuals so that i can have this be a positive learning expierence and not an unfavorable one) this is my secont post also so i am new to how to format this post (sorry if it was long or scattered or confusing, im new to all of this forum stuff)

my vehicle for those who want to see

has new mufflers not shown in picture<br/><br/>front lip removed currently (still a beaute)