Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Injector Issue / Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-15, 06:30 PM
Aswilley
Pit Crew

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Injector Issue / Question

Ok guys, so I am having a little trouble choosing my injectors.

There has been a lot of info on here, specifically in the TT-ECU MOD thread, some misleading, and some very helpful. Since I am OBDII based I know exactly what I need, my problem is choosing a brand that is going to be drop-ins. I am doing the TT-ECU mod and I have swapped to the OBDI lower runner and will be doing the air assist delete.

on RC Engineering Website(RC Injectors) they show 3 types of injectors that will work with our cars without a resistor pack and very well with the ECU Mod.. they are 440cc, high impedance / saturated, top feed injectors, however they do not give any o-ring dimensions so I am left to guess. my question is of the 3 types

SL4-0440
SL9-0440
SLG-0440

does anyone know what ones fit into an OBDI lower runner? is anyone running RC440's or RC550's for that matter and how are they fitting/working on the OBDI lower runner.

any help is appreciated, and thanks all in advance

* here is a link to their website if anyone wants to check them out https://www.rceng.com/Saturated-Fuel...o5WOJONkqL7tSa
Old 04-12-15, 10:05 PM
Aswilley
Pit Crew

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Ok.... so after a lot more investigating, and some PM's from some NA-T guys this is what I have come up with..

Awhile ago Tabaka was going to sell me a set of 6 RC440 injectors, I finally found the email with the pictures. Turns out these are the right injectors. I talked to one of the sales reps at RC Engineering and she said they don't list them on their website for our car but gave me the part number and told me, "YOU NEED TO REMOVE THE AIR ASSIST"

The part number she gave me was SL4-440D.. they are specific for the 97+ OBDII.. they are 440cc, high impedance, top feed, BOSCH style 11mm .. These are what you need if you are doing the TT ECU Mod with an Aristo ECU and no resistor pack is needed. You will need pig tails though, as they are not Plug-N-Play.

Also if you can find them Lucas / Delphi 01D030B are also a good alternative. These are also 440cc, high impedance, top feed, BOSCH style 11mm injectors. you will also need pig tails for these but I know that these are EV1 style connectors

Please keep in mind that these will only work if you are running the OBDI Lower Runners for sure, or you can apparently buy the RC's and delete the air assist.. You As far as we know this is the only Injector available for OBDII guys.. still not a confirmed injector fitment for OBDII Lower Runners because no one has actually ordered them yet lol.. Hope this help all the to come NA-T guys

Last edited by Aswilley; 04-13-15 at 11:28 PM. Reason: corrected information
Old 04-23-15, 10:39 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

apprently the delphi lucas part number listed above does not work. they are the ones in my car but apparently someone modified them to fit and I never noticed when installing that they had been modified.
I would try and find the right RC one, they must have one for obd1 if they have one for obd2.