Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

97 sc3 to 1jz vvti info

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-15, 05:42 PM
sc3king
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 97 sc3 to 1jz vvti info

okay so to start out I have a 97 sc300 automatic and I am looking to swap in a 1jz VVTi and convert it to manual I would dig and search through multiple forums but it's easier and less of a hassle just to get correct information on this oneI would like to know what there is for wiring as to what needs to be done with pictures please and will it be possible to use a ar5 transmission from a Saturn Sky and the $400 manual swap kit for the SC 300 and as for converting a front sump to rear sump what all would be involved with in doing that and if there is any other info that would be valuable to me while doing this while please let me know and as I have stated I would like answers on here rather than searching through multiple things and seen a lot of drama and BSthis post is in fact for me to save time on taking up information pertaining to my circumstance of the swap and everything will be appreciated highly the swap will be completed in August hopefully thank you for your time knowledge and personal experiences
Old 03-29-15, 07:52 PM
Kris9884
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...s-done-it.html
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...-question.html
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lex...vvti-swap.html
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...-searched.html
http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/thr...ll=1#post18089
http://www.lextreme.com/
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...n-a-while.html

A quick google search gave me these. Read all of them and if you STILL have any REAL knowledgeable questions, the forums will be here for you brother. Call me rude but, your first post should never be a "I don't want to search, give me give me...."

Edit: Please please use proper grammar so that we can better understand your questions and concerns..
2nd edit: Its as easy if not easier/cheaper to just turbo the 2j motor you already have. Search " NA-T ", there has to be more than 50 builds here with it done..

Last edited by Kris9884; 03-29-15 at 08:03 PM.
Old 03-29-15, 10:36 PM
eight
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

i am glad you joined the sc club. but what a big fail for a first post, never go someplace and expect the community of any sort to just serve you the best goods for no reason. a lot of the people here (that you will end up rading about if your serious) went through progression with little help or previous setup to learn from. those people set the stage for others (like you and me) to easily achieve more power and fixes without having to venture roads untamed. but you slap them in the face with this post, disregarding the hard work those paved before you.

sorry, but this was a bad post.
Old 03-30-15, 03:18 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Welcome to Clublexus SC3king .

You might want to start reading the STICKY threads so you will find some of the info you are looking for.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...tart-here.html

Unfortunately , you will have to do a lot of reading to find what you want. I doubt you will find any forum for that matter in which members will be willing to spoon feed you without showing that you exerted some effort looking for the info. Instead, you will solicit a lot of negative responses for which I don't put fault to anyone because of the manner you came into the forum. The swap you want to do has been done a lot and the info is out there.

Am pretty sure a lot of kind hearted people here will be willing to jump in to help when you are in a crossroad or having problems in your project. Just got to show them that you are doing your part too.

We hope you find what you are looking for and good luck in your project.
Old 03-30-15, 03:19 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Welcome to Clublexus SC3king .

You might want to start reading the STICKY threads so you will find some of the info you are looking for.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...tart-here.html

Unfortunately , you will have to do a lot of reading to find what you want. I doubt you will find any forum for that matter in which members will be willing to spoon feed you without showing that you exerted some effort looking for the info. Instead, you will solicit a lot of negative responses for which I don't put fault to anyone because of the manner you came into the forum, sounding like you wanted to be spoon fed. The swap you want to do has been done a lot and the info is out there.

Am pretty sure a lot of kind hearted people here will be willing to jump in to help when you are in a crossroad or having problems in your project. Just got to show them that you are doing your part too.

We hope you find what you are looking for and good luck in your project.
Old 03-31-15, 07:02 PM
sc3king
Driver School Candidate

Well it's for ease of access an thank you for posting the direct link to the threads they have helped so far I'm still learning the way around this site an so far you guys have saved me time an that really matters in the real world to go direct as to reading stuff that is no use to me and as for the respect for searching on my own is kinda pointless when all I have to do is ask the question an receive an knowledgeable answer from someone that has gone down the road before and I thank all of you that see as I do
Old 04-01-15, 12:11 AM
Kris9884
Racer

Originally Posted by sc3king
Well it's for ease of access an thank you for posting the direct link to the threads they have helped so far I'm still learning the way around this site an so far you guys have saved me time an that really matters in the real world to go direct as to reading stuff that is no use to me and as for the respect for searching on my own is kinda pointless when all I have to do is ask the question an receive an knowledgeable answer from someone that has gone down the road before and I thank all of you that see as I do
I have to laugh at this..

Ban?

Last edited by Kris9884; 04-01-15 at 12:18 AM.
Old 04-01-15, 05:06 AM
sc3king
Driver School Candidate

Enough with the off topic replies an personal attacks at me either help or remove yourself from my post I'm here for information which most threads lack and from the ones I read they don't tell me what I need to know btw if y'all would just post answers this thread would also be helpful to anyone else that is looking for straight answers. Thanks for not being nice ppl an wanting to ban me good job trolls
Old 04-01-15, 10:32 AM
4rcedfed
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am in the process of doing a gte swap also. I used the "build thread" part of this forum. Click on "search this forum" on top right, and if you type in " 1jzgte vvti" anything pertaining to the 1jzgte vvti swap will show up(Iam doing the 2jzgte vvti and did just that). Then just pick the thread that is closest to your build. Here is some info on the AR5 transmission. People are saying it is very close to the R154, maybe not as strong though but cheaper and plentiful. I found that with a quick google search.

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...o-transmission

Search button is your friend, and the time spent waiting on someone to give you the info, you would have gotten 2-3 times the info you need. I have run across a bunch of build threads on the swap you want to do, but it is in the "build" forums up top

Good Luck.
Old 04-02-15, 12:20 PM
Kris9884
Racer

Originally Posted by sc3king
Enough with the off topic replies an personal attacks at me either help or remove yourself from my post I'm here for information which most threads lack and from the ones I read they don't tell me what I need to know btw if y'all would just post answers this thread would also be helpful to anyone else that is looking for straight answers. Thanks for not being nice ppl an wanting to ban me good job trolls
You fail at the internet, someone telling you to follow the forum rules and searching is NOT trolling... Then blatantly repeating you are not going to follow the rules is an easy way for a ban, this is a community for everyone. If you have nothing to bring to the table for the community, why should anyone else bother helping you?

The 6-7 links I gave you should be suffice for almost anything you need for your general "how do I do a motor swap." What information are you after that hasn't been provided already? If you know nothing about the swap how can you KNOW there is info missing? Go ahead, ask an intelligent question and someone will chime in? So far, this thread is still pointless, your helpless bro??
Old 04-02-15, 05:38 PM
sc3king
Driver School Candidate

Well to be 100% honest I have it on my own this was just a test an all of you failed.

It's not about how much someone puts into something it's about helping regardless of how they are or how they need anything it's the point of helping without harassing them humanity fails once again

I myself am a mechanic self taught through multiple cars I've owned an just so happened to grow up around car gods which helps but I'm at dinner with the family I'll finish this up later but you are all good people in my book just need to work on how you are to people I mean we are all here to learn an teach each other about cars I nor anyone else should be subjected to anything less than a helping hand of info to whoever needs us because everyone is here for their love of lexus/toyota