Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Props to Darryl Geller in Atlanta

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-15, 12:34 PM
Matt300ZXT
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Props to Darryl Geller in Atlanta

Just wanted to give a great big to Mr Geller in Atlanta. My SC300 had started occasionally sputtering/half stalling when accelerating lightly from a stop sign, or turning into a street and picking the speed back up. Also, the last couple of days I drove it, the overdrive had stopped functioning so I was turning over 3k RPM at 60ish. While inline 6s sound good revving up, I didn't want to hear it under those circumstances.

I removed my ECU upon reading about the overdrive problem being linked to a bad ECU in other people's experience, and I noticed one cap had leaked some and the protective lacquer on the board had bubbled up, like a big glob of hot glue. Sent it down there to him and within 24 hours he had it repaired and shipped back out.

Got it installed yesterday afternoon and drove it today for the first time. I put about 30 miles on it, some interstate driving, and not a single hiccup at low speed while turning/accelerating and overdrive worked the way Toyota intended it to. He even drilled out and replaced one of the screws I had stripped and had to drill the head off so I could get a look inside at the boards.
Old 03-24-15, 05:56 PM
bigwhite
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He did mine as well, working great. Took 3-4 weeks to get mine, Im sure time varies.
Old 03-25-15, 05:43 PM
SC400slide
In Recovery Mode

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

He did my ECU as well. Worked great.
Old 07-21-15, 10:22 AM
Irish43221
Driver School Candidate

Default Navigational System and Darryl Geller

Darryl saved me lots of $$$$$. When he told me to send the system to him, I have to admit that I was a bit hesitant, but had read other positive reviews. When my mechanic had questions, he called Darryl and Darryl always replied promptly. I would give him a 5 star or whatever the highest is. Darryl:courteous, prompt and professional. I would definitely use his services again!
Irish43221
Old 08-27-15, 05:56 AM
Sweatshop
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can someone PM me this guy's information please?
Old 08-27-15, 06:18 AM
mjegan
Driver School Candidate

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Here's his ebay account. I used his service and everything went well.

Last edited by gerrb; 08-28-15 at 07:37 AM. Reason: No Ebay links - please PM the info
Old 11-13-15, 09:38 AM
robbykang
Driver School Candidate

Default I would look for someone else

I do not recommened his service. He fixed my navi but took a month. It only last 3 month and gone bad and I returned back to him. He could not find the problem and I asked him to return back to me. When I received the screen got all smashed. Of course, it's UPS in the 1st place but the unit was so poorly packed with just one thin wrapping. It was going to break off by any carrier, anyway. Called him back but he refused to take any responsibility other than claiming UPS which is $100 max. Harddrive unit was also damaged and things got totally screwed. He should've been more careful when packaging the unit and think about "protection" of the unit he is shipping. I was not asking for extra special packaging but just reasonable packaging would have prevented the damage. There are photos of packaging condition and broken unit in my other post. Think again!
Old 11-13-15, 11:43 AM
Kris9884
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by robbykang
I do not recommened his service. He fixed my navi but took a month. It only last 3 month and gone bad and I returned back to him. He could not find the problem and I asked him to return back to me. When I received the screen got all smashed. Of course, it's UPS in the 1st place but the unit was so poorly packed with just one thin wrapping. It was going to break off by any carrier, anyway. Called him back but he refused to take any responsibility other than claiming UPS which is $100 max. Harddrive unit was also damaged and things got totally screwed. He should've been more careful when packaging the unit and think about "protection" of the unit he is shipping. I was not asking for extra special packaging but just reasonable packaging would have prevented the damage. There are photos of packaging condition and broken unit in my other post. Think again!
How was the packaging when you sent it to him? If you sent it in a very safe and padded package I'm sure he would have reused it? If not....?? Your opinion with 2 posts and 0 Trader score aren't worth much credit here either with everyone adding good things, just sayin..
Old 12-14-15, 03:50 PM
TaninAuto
Sponsor

Received 109 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Kris9884
How was the packaging when you sent it to him? If you sent it in a very safe and padded package I'm sure he would have reused it? If not....?? Your opinion with 2 posts and 0 Trader score aren't worth much credit here either with everyone adding good things, just sayin..

If the customer shipped an item and it was packaged poorly, a company would not in good faith package it back in the same way. They would package it in a way that it is going to arrive to a customer in one piece. We ship hundreds of packages per month and invest in lots of bubble wrap! The cost of the extra wrapping is worth guaranteeing a customer's happiness.
www.taninautoelectronix.com

Old 06-25-16, 11:29 AM
rcftx68
Driver School Candidate

Default Ecu rebuild

Darryl Geller just rebuilt the ECU in my 1993 Lexus SC 400 and did a GREAT JOB!.....I have a backup ECU that works fine and will be having him change out all the capacitors on that one also. He is very competent, reasonably priced and warranty's his work. I would highly recommend him. It took him awhile to get my ECU back to me because he needed to test it in a running SC 400 which he didn't initially have access to. He wanted to make sure it was tested and working properly before sending it back. I installed it in the car this morning and it runs great!

RCFTX68