Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Aem 1100 box on NA-t stat sync'd OFF help

Old 09-25-14, 01:22 PM
gdoutlex
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aem 1100 box on NA-t stat sync'd OFF help

Ok guy I'm really lost right now, I've done all the test I could do on the car on why it's not producing spark.
Here's the check list I've done
I installed my distributor to a different SC and it started right up.
Also installed my ignitor to that car and the car started fine also.
Continuity checks out good from the distributor wire connectors into each pin on the ecu
I'm getting 12v on the ignitor and coil
Also checked the continuity on the ignitor wire connector to the ecu which checked out fine
I'm getting fuel since I can hear my pump ON since I did a 12v mod
Battery is fully charged, I even tried connecting my battery to a running car.

After talking with Ali, I came into conclusion that all it needs for the stat sync to come ON is the crank/cam signal which is from the distributor. Since the distributor is fine, I don't know what else it could be. Maybe is the aem box? But if it's the aem, the. How come i am able to calibrate my tps and make changes on the sensors etc.

All na-T gurus pls chime in
Thanks
Old 09-25-14, 01:40 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Monitor T2PER which is the CAM Sensor and CRANK PERIOD TOOTH (or T1PER) which is the CRANK sensor . Are their values registering on the START Tab ? If one of them is not , you won't get a STAT SYNC ON and no start cause no fuel injection and no coil firing.

Some AEM ECUs are notorious for not reading the CAM sensor (T2PER) signal. Let us know which among the two sensor signals is not being read.
Old 09-25-14, 02:01 PM
gdoutlex
Pole Position

Crank tooth period number stays the same while t2Per changes. Are both numbers suppose to be high? Like 130xxx and the t2per changes from 109xxx to 120xxx.
Old 09-25-14, 02:18 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

so your problem seems to be from the Crank signal... Count doesn't change while cranking. Check on that area.

Based on my experience with AEM boxes, they are notorious for not reading cam signal which apparently your box is not one of them. I just sent a box to AEM for repair this week for that particular problem. With another box , my buddy's car starts and with that particular box I have no cam signal.

Link below confirms said problem about some AEM boxes not getting STAT SYNC ON because of cam signal not being read

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...BMW-Too-or-Not
Old 09-25-14, 02:35 PM
gdoutlex
Pole Position

I'm still on the stock distributor so both cam and crank signal are coming from there. I have 2 distributor that I tested on my friends SC which it started and ran fine. I might have to test the aem on my friends car and see.
Old 09-25-14, 02:47 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Yeap, you can try isolating the problem. Make sure your AEM box is not the problem. Load same firmware and tune on your AEM box and see if it will start his car . If it doesn't , then I guess your AEM box is faulty.
Old 09-25-14, 07:58 PM
gdoutlex
Pole Position

i wont be able to test the aem on my friends car since its all stock, maybe i can put my stock ecu back and and just check for spark? i know it wont start up since i already wired in the gm map sensor and the iat, maybe just unplug the injectors too so i dont flood the engine with fuel.
Old 09-26-14, 02:27 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

you still should be able to test your AEM on your friend's car ...load a basemap. All you want to see is if your AEM is reading the crank (T1PER) and cam (T2PER) signals properly while cranking which means you should be able to get STAT SYNC ON . Then you know your problem is on your car's crank sensor wiring or distributor . Your don't have to get your friend's car started. You just want to isolate your AEM ECU's STAT SYNCHING ..that it is reading crank and cam signals well.

If you install a stock ECU , how will you know if your crank signal is good if you don't get to start the car ? I have personally seen it also that a stock ECU is a bit forgiving in reading these crank & cam signals where as the AEM is very picky. Also this week, I had a car running on stock ECU but freaking AEM v2 wont read the cam signal thus I wasn't getting a stat sync on.
Old 09-26-14, 07:49 AM
gdoutlex
Pole Position

Ahh ok I'll try that out then. I was just thinking installing the stock ecu and check for spark.
Thanks for responding gerrb