Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

My '94 baby

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-14, 11:53 AM
moahdriven
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Default My '94 baby

I've had my SC since May and I'm beyond in love with this car. She was pretty dirty when I bought her but in overall excellent condition. Just took a lot of cleaning, especially the interior to get her looking pretty again. 166k miles currently on it. Main mechanical issues were a new power steering rack I knew was needed when I got it and rusted freeze plugs in the engine casing that began spewing coolant b/c the thermostat stopped working (all fixed). Only major thing is to eventually have the driver side rear quarter panel repainted (wasn't done properly after a fender bender apparently)

So far she has new wheels, M2 mufflers
<<youtube link for sound, strut bar, and a few cosmetic and interior upgrades (new leather armrest and steering wheel cover, chrome trim inside and out, gold painted calipers).

Eventually will do a BFI and would like the '97 oem side skirts and rear lip. Any suggestions on anything else are welcome.

Old 09-07-14, 12:20 PM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Step 1 shoulda been removing those lisence plate frames.
Old 09-07-14, 01:01 PM
myLEXsc400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by scENFORCER
Step 1 shoulda been removing those lisence plate frames.
i concur.

The car needs a slight drop, especially in front. i would also tint the amber part of the tail lights with some red-out vinyl
Old 09-07-14, 03:19 PM
moahdriven
Driver

Originally Posted by myLEXsc400
i concur.

The car needs a slight drop, especially in front. i would also tint the amber part of the tail lights with some red-out vinyl
The cars parked on a bit of a slant so the front does look a bit higher, but that is a great idea for the tail lights. Don't like the huge amber lenses.
And yea I agree I need a remove the palm tree frame, but the eagle one on the front stays b/c it kicks ***
Old 09-07-14, 05:13 PM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Not bad, how you like the M2s? Sound pretty good to me.

steve
Old 09-07-14, 06:28 PM
moahdriven
Driver

Originally Posted by lilSCsteve
Not bad, how you like the M2s? Sound pretty good to me.

steve
Absolutely love em. Inexpensive and bolted right on, slight challenge getting the stock mufflers out of the rubber hanger but no big deal. They add just the right amount of volume to hear more of that beautiful engine, comparable to a stock G35/37 exhaust volume, and they fit the overall look of the SC very well. I like the tapered exit that shrinks the diameter as opposed to the Megan mufflers and others that are a thin full 4" outlet.
I removed the resonator on my last car ('03 Acura TL) and after a while the drone was too much. Just changing the mufflers adds the right amount of sound to enjoy but still keep the SC classy the way it should be. At times I wish it was louder but until I have the time to get a true dual exhaust setup going this works very well.
I thought about just cutting the mufflers off and having pipes welded to the end but with no mufflers it wasn't as clean sounding, had a raspiness with each rev that the mufflers cleaned up and volume is practically the same.
Old 09-07-14, 07:05 PM
White97SC4
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My '94 baby

Nice ride!!! Love the wheels. Definitely looking forward to seeing what you have planned for the car

-Chris (White97sc4)