ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   Performance & Maintenance (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/performance-and-maintenance-33/)
-   -   1jz with 2jz-ge auto tranny? (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/performance-and-maintenance/752138-1jz-with-2jz-ge-auto-tranny.html)

flipboi 08-04-14 07:41 PM

1jz with 2jz-ge auto tranny?

has anyone used the 1jz non VVti with the 2jz-ge non VVTI auto tranny? if so, was it direct swap or did u guys had to modify anything?

Kira X 08-05-14 08:08 AM

I haven't seen you post in forever man!

I've never seen someone use one on the 1JZ. Did you ask Jeremy?

flipboi 08-05-14 08:28 AM

yeah, i normally figure it out when i have a problem but this time, im stumped... my tranny went out on my 1jz and jeremy had a 2jz-ge from a MKIV. he said it should work so i bought it from him and installed it but now it seems like it doesnt shift at all

Ali SC3 08-05-14 09:57 AM

it should shift 1-4, but the torque converter lockup probably wont work and a few codes I imagine. pull and lock the trans cable on the GE trans to give it firm shifts so it doesn't slip all the time. if you drive for long distances the lock up is important or it can kill the trans. I would look for another gte trans or manual swap it, if you killed the 1jz trans there is no way the GE trans is going to last any reasonable amount of time in its place.

flipboi 08-05-14 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by Ali SC3 (Post 8657088)
it should shift 1-4, but the torque converter lockup probably wont work and a few codes I imagine. pull and lock the trans cable on the GE trans to give it firm shifts so it doesn't slip all the time. if you drive for long distances the lock up is important or it can kill the trans. I would look for another gte trans or manual swap it, if you killed the 1jz trans there is no way the GE trans is going to last any reasonable amount of time in its place.

weird... mine doesnt shift at all... and if it does, my wheels arent moving at all

Kira X 08-06-14 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by flipboi (Post 8656941)
yeah, i normally figure it out when i have a problem but this time, im stumped... my tranny went out on my 1jz and jeremy had a 2jz-ge from a MKIV. he said it should work so i bought it from him and installed it but now it seems like it doesnt shift at all

Oh wow. I see.

I figured it would work alright. You must be pushing a lot of power to have killed the 1JZ transmission.

Ali SC3 08-06-14 10:50 AM

could be lots of things bad solenoids or maybe the 1jz trans is different than the 2jz trans couldn't tell you but its probably not worthwile making a ge trans work, besides the part numbers the trans's are controlled to differently and your time is much better spent sourcing another gte trans.

flipboi 08-06-14 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by Ali SC3 (Post 8658771)
could be lots of things bad solenoids or maybe the 1jz trans is different than the 2jz trans couldn't tell you but its probably not worthwile making a ge trans work, besides the part numbers the trans's are controlled to differently and your time is much better spent sourcing another gte trans.

the solenoids are working for sure but ur right, this is definitely not worth all the time ive spent on it trying to work. specially working on trans on the floor sucks

Originally Posted by Kira X (Post 8658517)
Oh wow. I see.

I figured it would work alright. You must be pushing a lot of power to have killed the 1JZ transmission.

its still stock lol