Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Sc400 intake measurements please

Old 07-12-14, 05:51 PM
Dream36
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sc400 intake measurements please

Hello all, I'm not really a thread starter so I'll make it brief.
Last winter I pulled my intake piping off to get to the power steering pump. When I pulled it out the accordion hose crumbled in my hands. So as a temporary fix I took a random piece of my last build (ls1 rx7). It was a scrap coupling no idea on the size. It fit well in the maf bracket but was quite a bit big on the plastic pipe. As part of the word temporary I used RTV and a strip if rubber to clamp it down (with duct tape as a hold till it dried).
Now unfortunately the recent hot weather has caused the mess of rubber and silicone to slip and leak. This is causing major hesitation and fuel ratio issues to my daily driver. I'm still required to drive it to work 6 days a week and won't have $$$ to throw at it till Tuesday (and time the following Sunday)

Now my questions
What is the actual diameter for the intake manifold? MAF?

That's it, I think they are 3" but wanted to be sure. I can't take his thingy off because it will make it worse. My plan is to get a 90* coupling stretching out to 4" with an aluminum 45* pipe and the reduce it back down at the MAF. The reason I want a 4" pipe is for volume. Yes I know it will create turbulence but volume is more important to a daily driver than peak.

Feel free to debate my reasoning, I assure you I've searched but couldn't find the diameters I need so I can order the parts.

Thanks ahead if time,
Shawn
Old 07-12-14, 11:12 PM
t2d2
Lead Lap

Received 225 Likes on 205 Posts

I don't have the measurements in front of me, but you can find the replacement part for $13 on eBay. I need to order one soon to replace my dried out mess... I bet you could make due for a couple days by just wrapping strips of duct tape between and around the two open ends of the intake.
Old 07-14-14, 10:35 AM
Dream36
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Still need to know please. It's payday when I get off work 2am. If there was a local shop that sold couplings it'd be a nonissue but I gotta order online :/