Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

95 Sc400 Bogs down & sucking air

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-14, 10:23 PM
CMoening
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 95 Sc400 Bogs down & sucking air

Hello! I am hoping someone can help.
95 SC400
Stock, 198,000 miles...Hoping for 200K before this current problem

Main problem at the moment - Starts and Idle's fine. If I give it any gas (by pressing on the throttle lever under the hood (to give it gas, not sure if that is exactly the name) it bogs down. It is as if someone pinched the gas line to the engine. What I also notice out of the ordinary, is when I press the throttle lever, the car appears to be sucking massive amounts of air through the intake. It appears to be sucking a LOT more air. I am unsure if this is due to the fact that it bogs down so I hear it better, or if it is related, I am guessing related. It doesn't matter if I give it a little gas or a lot. Based on other posts, I tried giving it just a little but (but it still bogged down).

Over the past few months I have had problems with my car stalling when idling, I replaced the IACV, MAF, TPS sensor etc. Tested for air leaks and didn't find any. About 6 weeks ago I changed the fuel filter, and suddenly it worked great for 2 weeks. However, I had to leave the EGR unplugged or else it would stall. Now I am having the bogging down and sucking air issue. I tried the FP + B bypass and that didn't help. I changed the fuel filter again, and that didn't help either. I also inspected my ECU and I could not locate a single capacitor leaking or any problems. I was also thinking cat's were bad but I passed emission about 4 months ago so they may have recently gotten completely plugged? I tried unplugging the MAF to see if I have another one that is bad, but that didn't make a difference

This week I am planning on checking the pressure in my fuel line. Does anyone have any ideas? I would greatly appreciate ANY help. Once again, it idles fine without any stalling. As soon as I give it even a tiny amount of gas, it bogs down like it is starving of fuel or air. Please help, any suggestions would be appreciated!
Old 04-20-14, 10:31 PM
CMoening
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also, I also tested the ignition coils and they're fine. Trying to provide as much info as possible!