Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Testimony of e-bay throttle body?

Old 03-30-14, 06:39 AM
megamax
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Testimony of e-bay throttle body?

So I brought a ebay tb after my q45 tb wouldn't fit on my aftermarket manifold.

now ive been hearing some pos some negatives on these throttle bodies. Mine looks sturdy and I think with some lubrication on the plate spring this shouldn't fail. but I want your takes/pics with your experience with the ebay tb's??

here is mine below.

Old 03-30-14, 12:49 PM
Vrank
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You probably wasted a bunch of money on something that isn't even going to make more power. Should try to figure out your lean idle problem instead of addin a bunch of variables you'll indefinitely band aid to get the car running decent.
Old 03-31-14, 06:56 AM
megamax
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Vrank
You probably wasted a bunch of money on something that isn't even going to make more power. Should try to figure out your lean idle problem instead of addin a bunch of variables you'll indefinitely band aid to get the car running decent.
thanks vrank, I will be sure to pm you on any further mods I do, heck I will even have you help me get this car together!! WAIT, HOLY ****, IVE DONE THIS MUCH WITHOUT YOUR HELP, OH ****!!!
I got this because iam doing head work/cams but again how about we stick to the question at hand and not interject your wrong opinion into the discussion.

wanna be HELPFUL where is that driveshaft, that would be helpful?

ON A SIDE NOTE CAN I GET SOME RESPONSES RELATED TO THE TOPIC PLEASE!!
Old 03-31-14, 07:55 AM
INTIMAZY
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by megamax
thanks vrank, I will be sure to pm you on any further mods I do, heck I will even have you help me get this car together!! WAIT, HOLY ****, IVE DONE THIS MUCH WITHOUT YOUR HELP, OH ****!!!
I got this because iam doing head work/cams but again how about we stick to the question at hand and not interject your wrong opinion into the discussion.

wanna be HELPFUL where is that driveshaft, that would be helpful?

ON A SIDE NOTE CAN I GET SOME RESPONSES RELATED TO THE TOPIC PLEASE!!
HAHA Monday morning vent

Haven't heard of any ebay TB failures. I know a handful of accufab TB failures on Mustangs a few years ago ended in disaster but I think these are pretty decent despite being made in china ebay junk.

As long as those screws that hold the plate are sturdy it should withstand the abuse of a turbo trying to shove it down the throat of your manifold when you lift.