Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

JDM Engine Corp

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-14, 04:35 PM
SC2JZ300
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default JDM Engine Corp

As some may know Im starting to get a rod knock on 1jzgte, Looking to get a replacement, and have sourced out this engine seller.

JDM Engine Corp
Anyone here bought a engine/transmission from these individuals before?

Looking to get a motor from them

They are located out of

Email: info at jdmenginescorp dot com

or

Tel # 972-234-2500

or

In person to:

JDM Engine Corp

1315 Exchange Drive, Richardson TX 75081

Thanks for all comments!
Old 03-17-14, 08:05 PM
BenStoked
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think that is where my brother got his 1jz from. i know it was a place in the dfw area.
it hasn't been ran, yet, but hopefully it will be going the next few weeks.
short and long of it: the service was good, shipping was reasonable and fast to a dock.
securely mounted to the pallet.
engine is clean, but wasn't thoroughly "cleaned" (looked to be more for shopping than show).
I'd you have any other questions, post them here, and I'll ask him.
Old 03-18-14, 05:30 AM
SC2JZ300
Lead Lap

Really I am just looking for reviews on the motor one has received. If any problems occurred and if so was there due diligence.
Did they provide a compression test?
Old 03-18-14, 06:28 AM
Vrank
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Buying from any importer is a gamble. Why not source a ge from a wrecked car in the junkyard and go 1.5j ? Make more power/torque and probably do it cheaper than buying a full swap even with doing bearings and such.
Old 03-18-14, 09:58 AM
SC2JZ300
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Vrank
Buying from any importer is a gamble. Why not source a ge from a wrecked car in the junkyard and go 1.5j ? Make more power/torque and probably do it cheaper than buying a full swap even with doing bearings and such.
Sure one could do that,but why not just buy something that will drop right in.. Chassis already had a running 1jz, just need another motor to get it running again.
Old 03-20-14, 06:24 AM
Vrank
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It was just a suggestion. I guess you could make a good chunk of the money back parting the old engine, just figure you could acquire and freshen up a ge for like 1000 including new seals/bearings/waterpump/etc, where buying a 1j and doing the same thing would cost you a little bit more, and makes less power, and possibly end up with the same issues. That being said, I've heard good things about the company you're asking about. I've been interested in an aristo vvti engine as of late and if I decide to pull the trigger, that is where I'll be going since it's a few hours drive of me.
Old 03-20-14, 06:38 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Indeed it is true that getting a JDM imported engine would be easy .. buy and drop in. But got to be careful..let them give you a compression or even better leakdown test. As Vrank had rightfully said it, it is a gamble buying a JDM engine no matter if it is a 1J , 2J or whatever engine. It is a hit and miss thing. They will tell you the 40-60k miles. That is a good selling point .. low miles but most of these JDM dealers do not really know the truth and where these engines came from.

Trust me I have been in Japan and have been in wrecking / junkyards there. I have personally seen cars having more than 100k miles. Locally , I have bought at least 4 6speed supra swaps and 2 Aristo . Two out of these 6 2jzgte, the JDM dealer told me had good leakdown and compression but the truth is they had bad head gaskets.

So just be careful... if you can be there personally to run the compression and leakdown in front of you , then it is worth it buying a new 1J and part out the old one to recoup some of your expense.
Old 03-21-14, 08:38 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Now I remember, Dennis (aka JESLET) bought his 2jzgte Aristo from them. They told him they did a compression and the engine was healthy. When he received it , it didn't look like it was even tested and he did the tests (compression / leakdown) and numbers where horrible.

He ended up rebuilding the short block. He wrote that company name with address on the first paragraph of his build thread -> https://www.clublexus.com/forums/bui...e-rebuild.html
Old 04-03-14, 07:27 PM
SC2JZ300
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by gerrb
Now I remember, Dennis (aka JESLET) bought his 2jzgte Aristo from them. They told him they did a compression and the engine was healthy. When he received it , it didn't look like it was even tested and he did the tests (compression / leakdown) and numbers where horrible.

He ended up rebuilding the short block. He wrote that company name with address on the first paragraph of his build thread -> https://www.clublexus.com/forums/bui...e-rebuild.html
I appreciate the link, still searching for a motor.