Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

broken parts on 2.5TT - need PN

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-14, 11:23 PM
JPS
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default broken parts on 2.5TT - need PN

Hi,

I already have a thread about my car, but I start a new one for some specific issues I have with the engine.
So I've started working on a 2.5TT engine after being able to start it last week.

While having a deeper look at it, I found:
- 1 broken sensor that I was unable to identify for sure. It was connected to a 2-pin green connector close to the serpentine belt. I think it's an oil sensor, but if anyone can confirm it, give it's part number and explain if there are some difficulties in replacing it, I would be really grateful.

broken parts on 2.5TT -  need PN-broken-connector.jpg

broken parts on 2.5TT -  need PN-broken-connector-green.jpg

- 1 broken hose, that is used for air intake of the engine (for what I can understand). Is it a specific one that I need to buy at a Toyota dealer or can I find in a car-shop like Autobahn, Repco or else?

broken parts on 2.5TT -  need PN-broken-hose.jpg

Thanks,
Old 03-01-14, 07:38 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

Engine related threads go in the engine forum.

Thanks!
Old 03-01-14, 01:48 PM
JPS
Rookie

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
Engine related threads go in the engine forum.

Thanks!
Ok thanks for the move!
Old 03-01-14, 02:10 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts

a hose is a hose, take it off, take it to autozone or wherever and they'll gauge it for you and there you go. you got a new hose.
Old 03-01-14, 04:44 PM
czar07
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi mate,

The hose part number is 12263-88401. Cost is about $13, but I doubt Toyota AUstralia stock it and will need to special order it from Japan, which would push the price up. I would suggest going to an Automotive store and get a hose in the same size.

I cant tell what the sensor is from those pictures, could you zoom out. If I was to take a guess I would say it is the water temp sensor.
Old 03-01-14, 05:21 PM
JPS
Rookie

Originally Posted by czar07
hi mate,

the hose part number is 12263-88401. Cost is about $13, but i doubt toyota australia stock it and will need to special order it from japan, which would push the price up. I would suggest going to an automotive store and get a hose in the same size.
Yeah, first time I've gone there, the man said "we don't do this car, it's not an official one" and was leaving at the same time he was speaking. Then I told him that I had the PN and he answered "I can't ordered parts for this car as I told you". Then I asked gently "maybe the part is used in another Toyota, maybe you can check if you can ordered it ?", and then surprise, the part was available 2 days later....

Originally Posted by czar07
I cant tell what the sensor is from those pictures, could you zoom out. If i was to take a guess i would say it is the water temp sensor.
Here are some other photo. It's a 2 way connector, on the right side of the timing belt,just under a corrugated tube.

broken parts on 2.5TT -  need PN-broken-connector-green-1.jpg

broken parts on 2.5TT -  need PN-broken-connector-green-2.jpg
Old 03-02-14, 01:55 AM
JPS
Rookie

Ok, some news: in fact, I've made an error while translating the warning message on the dashboard.

I've confusedbroken parts on 2.5TT -  need PN-74536.jpg - warning for brake system - with this one Name:  74543.jpg
Views: 1484
Size:  2.3 KB - warning for the engine system.

I was finding information on internet about brake, sensor, fluid... when I've realized the confusion !

So when I had a look for this message, I've found the way to have the error code on the dashboard with the DIAG plug. Therefore, I have EFI NG with a code 22 and ECT OK.

EFI 22 is an Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor Signal, So I believe CZAR07 was right about the water temp sensor.

I will have a look tomorrow in an automotive store for a new one, replace it and try.
Maybe that will also fix the fact that the idle when the engine is cold is difficult and looks like the engine will stall. At first, I thought it came from old fuel in the car that was no more "powerful" enough but maybe not the only reason.
Old 03-02-14, 04:36 AM
Vrank
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

it's definitely the ecu coolant temp sensor. They're cheap and come in many different cars
Old 03-02-14, 04:04 PM
JPS
Rookie

For the sensor, when I've tried to remove it, lot of coolant have bleed also.
Do I need to flush the coolant before removing and replacing it ? Or maybe just to put the front or the rear of the car higher to prevent this ?

and for the hose, when I removed it, inside was really full of oil (I think it's oil). Is it normal or does it shows a problem with the engine ?
Old 03-03-14, 07:27 PM
czar07
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You will lose some coolant from there, but not too much as that is the coolant return to the radiator..you will probably need to top off with more coolant..

Yeah oil in the hose is fine.
Old 03-04-14, 02:23 PM
JPS
Rookie

ok thanks for the reply. I'll change the hose within a few days.
For my information, the hose seems to be an air intake for the engine. If so, why so much oil inside?

I've gone to Supercheapauto yesterday, they don't have the sensor and they've quoted it $49.
Is that a good price or not ?
Old 03-05-14, 08:19 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

its a crank case breather hose. when you boost alot the extra pressure goes out of the engine into that pipe and into the intake. usually it is an oil mist or filled with oil, how bad depends on how healthy the motor is or isn't.
that is what people use a catch can but on a stock gte its fine just replace the hose.