Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

ac/heat blower motor problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-14, 10:30 PM
2jznosht
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Buy a new one?
Old 02-14-14, 05:48 AM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts

what if its not the problem? the resistor is like 40-50 bucks on ebay, but what if i can fix it myself. i guess no one knows anything about it lol, i guess ill just have to buy it.
Old 02-14-14, 10:26 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

ordered the resistor, couldn't do anything about the old one or find any info. let's hope it works!
Old 02-24-14, 08:46 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

ok new resistor came in, still doesn't work. idk what else to check, fuses are good, relay is good, radiator is full, motor works with a battery, new resistor. idk what else to check? am i just gonna have to take a multimeter to all the wires and check them?
Old 02-26-14, 09:39 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Anyone have any idea besides what I proposed lol?
Old 03-02-14, 09:04 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

bump, where's the heater control valve? i'll check that maybe too
Old 03-06-14, 04:56 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Took apart the entire interior looking for some bad wires but nothing at all. Have no idea what else to check. Last thing could just be the control unit. But it still controls the opening and closing of valves, the different modes, and the rear defogger. So how can it not control just the motor? And when on max setting, doesn't it just go straight to 12 volt? Come on peeps any ideas?
Old 03-06-14, 09:29 PM
Hatchy400
Driver School Candidate

Did you use a multi meter to check the system? What are the readings? Off the top of my head all i can say is bad ground but i would need to look at the wiring diagram tomorrow to see the whole system.
Old 03-07-14, 06:54 AM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

i used the multimeter and there's no power coming to the blower motor plug. i tried the other wires but couldn't figure out a reading from the other ones. there's so many wires, sooooooo many wires. there's at least 40 wires coming from the unit. and they then go to this harness plug thing and then split into different places and go all over the place. it's so freaking complicated, i really need some sort of diagram.
Old 03-08-14, 10:06 AM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

I checked the fuses just visual, but the air control fuse controls the rear defogger and that works, so the problem can't be there.

It's really hard to see where the wires are going because they disappear behind the dash further in towards the firewall. I'll try to see again today, taking apart the dash is really easy now once you do it once.
Old 04-28-14, 06:14 AM
itrsalmaan
Driver School Candidate

man! u know what i have similar issue and my climate control doesnt come up at all.... neither blower is working nor anything else on it. only light glows.

but i suspect my change in ECU as i use to have stock ecu before and everything worked fine until lately when i changed my ecu to haltech
Old 04-28-14, 09:28 AM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by itrsalmaan
man! u know what i have similar issue and my climate control doesnt come up at all.... neither blower is working nor anything else on it. only light glows.

but i suspect my change in ECU as i use to have stock ecu before and everything worked fine until lately when i changed my ecu to haltech
Idk if the ecu has anything to do with climate control, plug the old one back in and see what happens. I still haven't fixed mine, been trying to find another climate control unit for a good price.
Old 04-29-14, 01:28 AM
itrsalmaan
Driver School Candidate

Blower shouldnt have any connection with ECU however AC/clutch has connection to ecu for engagement.

I'm also looking for climate control unit wiring diagram and unfortunately couldnt find it anywhere
Old 05-03-14, 10:08 AM
itrsalmaan
Driver School Candidate

i throughly checked my wiring and found that the resistor near ecu was pulled out by the guy who did the wiring ( i will search for it tomorrow in local junkyard) and fix it which hopefully will resolve this problem.
BTW what does it do?
Old 05-03-14, 10:22 AM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

are you talking about the one i posted a picture of? thats behind the blower motor?

Quick Reply: ac/heat blower motor problem