Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Boostlogic manifold

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-14, 06:34 AM
mecheng10
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boostlogic manifold

So after a few weeks of searching, I have found a boostlogic manifold.
I have read that it will clear the distributor.
How is it? I cant seem to find any reviews about it (and I have used the all mighty search button)

Or should I try to find a boostwrex manifold.
Is the boostwrex manifold still available? I don't see it listed on the website
Old 01-08-14, 09:01 AM
Vrank
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you sure its a real BL manifold? If it is then it'll work. I used to work there. I'd personally buy an eBay one that's known to fit and spend the effort/small sum of cash to have it decked at the flanges and cleaned up/braced. But that's just me.
Old 01-08-14, 10:31 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

I always say just use any universal manifold and delete the distributor.

choosing everything around the distributor (the weakest link) is not the best way to approach a setup, and your downpipe will be trickier because it is more angled. something to think about if you have ever thought about switching to coilpacks and a standalone or turbo ecu, money would be better spent there instead of on a manifold just to clear a distributor that over half of us na-t guys end up deleting and going coilpacks with a standalone or turbo ecu, after we pulled out all our hair trying to live with the stock n/a ecu's and its 1 very ambitious coil.
Old 01-08-14, 11:18 AM
mecheng10
Lead Lap

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251419992381...84.m1423.l2649
that is the BL manifold.
maybe you can tell me if it is actually a BL?

and yes, I will be using a ems. probably aem v2 since the fe places around only know aem (and I don't want to take a 4 hour trip to sound performance on a car that wont be tuned)

and I have thought about doing the CoP conversion, but I do not fully understand how it is done.
there aren't to many guides on how to do that...
Old 01-08-14, 01:15 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

I can never really tell, maybe someone else will chime in on that.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...coilpacks.html

this is for the aem v1. aem v2 is not much different you use different pins 57-55 instead of 52-54 and slightly different settings.
I actually need to start a thread and post up the ems settings for vvti coils sometime soon here people have been asking me for help on it.

Last edited by Ali SC3; 01-08-14 at 01:19 PM.
Old 01-08-14, 04:04 PM
Vrank
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah that's a BL manifold.
Old 01-09-14, 05:04 AM
mecheng10
Lead Lap

Thanks for the input guys!
Good to know.

And I just placed a bid on it. Lets hope it lasts!
Old 01-09-14, 05:35 AM
mecheng10
Lead Lap

and ali, ive read your thread a few times now.
I guess im just confused about where the ignitor should get mounted and where the coils get mounted.
Every car I have ever worked on on a dizzy, so i guess ill do some picture hunting about where people mount those and how all that works.
Old 01-09-14, 07:33 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

yeah look into it, there are a lot of ways to go about it, the distributor isn't that bad but coilpacks are better.
I mounted the new ignitor where the old one was. ran 2 extra wires from ecu to ignitor.
removed leads from distributor, remove lead holder from plug valley, drop in vvti coils, ran the 4 wires from the ignitor to the coil. put stuff in software, and that was pretty much it.
Old 01-13-14, 05:18 AM
mecheng10
Lead Lap

thanks for all your help guys.
I ended up winning the manifold! paid a little bit more than I should have, but hey its about time I started collecting the parts I need!
Old 01-13-14, 05:54 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mecheng10
thanks for all your help guys.
I ended up winning the manifold! paid a little bit more than I should have, but hey its about time I started collecting the parts I need!
I mesaged the seller couple days ago , because i wanted to buy it outright , i told him to name is price and set a buy it now price and he goes no "i just wanna let it roll and see how much i can get for it"
I was willing to pay 400-450 for it but then i decided not to give him my money..Oh and he was telly what turbo to get , hg , fuel pump etc i didn't even reply back back to him.
I put my max bid at 300, if the seller didn't **** me off maybe i would have stayed and bidded to 480-500$.

Congrats You got a great manifold for a great price, now let's put it to good use!!
Old 01-13-14, 08:40 AM
mecheng10
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Quicksc4
I mesaged the seller couple days ago , because i wanted to buy it outright , i told him to name is price and set a buy it now price and he goes no "i just wanna let it roll and see how much i can get for it"
I was willing to pay 400-450 for it but then i decided not to give him my money..Oh and he was telly what turbo to get , hg , fuel pump etc i didn't even reply back back to him.
I put my max bid at 300, if the seller didn't **** me off maybe i would have stayed and bidded to 480-500$.

Congrats You got a great manifold for a great price, now let's put it to good use!!
you were the person I was bidding against?
I was waiting for you to put a last second bid to outbid me. it was nice to awake to an email this morning saying I won the auction.
that seller is probably all angry he got was less than he wanted for it!

and it will! Once I get it in the mail, it will be off to go get decked and ceramic coated.
Hopefully a 44mm wastegate will work!
Old 01-13-14, 10:10 AM
SCereal
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was watching that auction too because I have the same mani but with a 4bolt wg flange and would like a vband instead. Surprised it went so cheap. Gl with it!

Side note what should we be using for exhaust bolts with these manifolds? I assume they're thicker than stock. Should we get some arp studs or something?
Old 01-13-14, 10:26 AM
mecheng10
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SCereal
I was watching that auction too because I have the same mani but with a 4bolt wg flange and would like a vband instead. Surprised it went so cheap. Gl with it!

Side note what should we be using for exhaust bolts with these manifolds? I assume they're thicker than stock. Should we get some arp studs or something?
that's what I was thinking. I got it for the price of a cheap chinabay one. just need to get it decked and recoated.

and from my research, we don't need to change the exhaust studs.
just replace the exhaust gasket with an oem one.
Old 01-13-14, 11:10 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yes! i didn't know who it was at first till i stumbled on this thread and saw where you posted the link ..

i decided to let it go once i saw your link on this thread and i've already posted my max bid.

if i knew is was you i would let you have it for $150!!

You need it more than me so i figured..

You can use the old gaskets it works fine , that's what i have always done.

Quick Reply: Boostlogic manifold