Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Please Help me with Wiring on my 1jz Soarer Harness!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-14, 05:02 PM
Golden95SC
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Please Help me with Wiring on my 1jz Soarer Harness!!

For starters i know some people will get upset with this posting im sorry, i have searched for info for a couple days and have not goten anything i can use, i really need to finish this up so i can get my car up and running again, so please if you have experience please share your knowledge with me. And once again i apologize if i anger some of you, i have minimal knowledge about wiring. Also when its figured out i will post your answers and solutions so if anyone having the same issues can refer back to this thread for help.

Heres what im working with

.92 sc300
.soarer automatic swap
.stock soarer 1jz auto harness
-4 of the 5 body plugs are cut
-the 2 connectors that run to the fuse box are cut

I have already transfered other connectors that were missing on my 1j from my 2jzge. But now theres 4 areas that im sort of.having trouble with

1)Fuse box connectors *Answered*
Thanks ali sc3

-i cut the connectors from my GE. And they all match up perfectly, there will be one red black wire xtra, i simply tied it to the bigger thicker red black wire, i assume its for power.

Heres a pic.of.the connectors and there area

Heres the harness, (pic of when i recieved it)

2) Body Plugs 4 of them (Cluster harness)
-my 1jz has 4 of the 5 body plugs cut that run to the firewall, (not ecu harness). I sorted them out so it was easier to know what wires made up what connectors. But i ran into difficulties

Most of the wires match up perfectly from each connector, but i noticed when i was finished sorting ,1 connector had all the same wires in the 1jz harness except for 1 wire. Same for the other connectors as well. it seems 80-90% of the wires match up but theres one or two missing on each connector

In the end i was left with about 7 wires that were.different and not located in my 2jzge harmess connectors. Im sorry if.it sounds a little.confusing but i wil post up.pictures to try to explain what im talking about.

Here are the wires that were left over, im going to re-organize them all and see if imade a mistake on these.

Its just the wires aiming straight down, those are xtra wires after matching up most of the.wires from the 4 body plugs that are cut.

3) Random 3 wires on 1jz harness *Answered*
-thanks vrank, these are the 3 wires for the MAP sensor.

4) 2 green little wires by water pump *answered*
-thanks quicksc4, these 2 wires are for the power steering rack connector, i will get the connector from my GE and extend it to the rack since its on the opposite side.

Heres were the connector belongs

Since soarers are RHD some things are placed and in the other side of the engine bay. So in this case i must extend the wire to its connector on the driver side of the bay.

And as for this power steering connector, i dont use because the soarers do not have them i assume.

Also heres is the connector for the little horn next to the igniter area

Again i cant seem to find it anywere on the 1jz harness

So please if you know what needs to be done please let me know so i can get thing fired up. i will appreciate any help given and once again im sorry for posting this and sorry about my grammar and typos, im usimg.my phone to type this out since my comp is down

Thanks

Last edited by Golden95SC; 01-19-14 at 05:20 PM.
Old 01-08-14, 10:26 AM
Vrank
Lexus Test Driver

The first pic of the wires by the firewall are the map sensor wiring. Blue/red is VC, brown is E2, the other is PM.

The power steering connector is probably on the other side, can't remember if soarer runs it through the chassis. Same with the security horn.

If you had the ewd for your year model and a dmm, you could quickly identify what's what, where it goes, and how to correct the situation as well as double check your work.

So my advice to you is to attain the ewd for your year model car and go from there.
Old 01-08-14, 12:43 PM
Golden95SC
Lead Lap

Thanks vrank, for identifying the map sensor i quickly realized that my swap did not come with 1
Old 01-08-14, 12:56 PM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

the connector in the last pic is for the horn.

The connector on top of that^^^ one is for the power steering you don't have to use it, it's no needed.

And the one on top of that is for the p/s rack you need that one .

And the other one is map sensor, you need the pigtail with the map sensor.
Old 01-09-14, 10:35 AM
Golden95SC
Lead Lap

Thanks Quicksc4 i appreciate your input
I kinda figured i didn't need to use the powersteering big plug since i couldnt find the wires for it on the 1jz, so thanks for clearing that up.

Ya iknow the last pic is the small horn but problem is i cant seem to find the wires for it.

And as for the power steering rack connector , it is those 2 wires next to the water pump right? They match perfectly so il just extend then to reach to the rack.

Other than that do youknow anything about fusebox connectors? They all match up except theres an xtra red wire, i almost think it might be for the horn, but the horn has 2 wires and not 1.
Old 01-09-14, 11:10 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Fuse box wires you have to chase them back and see where they go and go from there..

The wires for the p/s is the one that was cut right by the alternator.
Old 01-09-14, 11:32 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

worst case for the extra red/black you can try tying it into the other red/black 12v wire right next to it from the fusebox until you figure it out, red black it probably gets 12v for something, but tracing it and figuring it out is probably much better.
Old 01-09-14, 12:32 PM
Golden95SC
Lead Lap

Thanks for the help guys, i will try that ali, i will just tie to the other red/black wire to clear it out of the way,but by doing that i dont risk in forcing touch current correct? Wont burn anything out? Or if i to i could just wrap it and tie it to the side.

I will try to trace the wires as best as i can, problem is its already in the engine bay so itmight be difficult to follow them through.

And same goes for the body plug connectors, those xtra 7 wires i will cover and tie to the side temporarily and see what happens. But i will be looking for their purpose.

Once.again thanks again for your input, i appreciate it
Old 01-12-14, 08:36 PM
Golden95SC
Lead Lap

So it seems like the 2 thick black and orange wires power the ignitor and injectors? But those wires arent in my ge plugs i believe. Any ideas?

But on a good note i have my map sensor coming in

Last edited by Golden95SC; 01-12-14 at 08:40 PM.
Old 01-19-14, 05:07 PM
Golden95SC
Lead Lap

Alright i managed to finish up all the other wiring on the car thanks to guys, the ONLY wiring i need now are the 4 body plugs, 1 of them was easy ti extened had no isses, but these last 4 are a bit tricky. Is there a diagram i can use? Ive searched but i cant exactly find an amswer, now most wires match up but there are some that i cant figure out, these are my 2jzge body plugs going into the 1jz harness.

(3 body plugs, 2 are already on the harness minus 4 wires on a plug)

And heres my cut plugs of the 1jz

Im trying my best to get it together but if there's a guidesomewere please let me know. Also i was noticing

Does the 1j need this connector? Idk.what it is but its bridged in with the body plugs

Lmk thanks

Last edited by Golden95SC; 01-19-14 at 05:12 PM.
Old 01-19-14, 05:55 PM
GsLex00
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ditch that harness and get a new one lol $$ but much less of a headache
Old 01-22-14, 05:14 AM
Vrank
Lexus Test Driver

^ why? He's making good progress, and in the process learning and understanding how his car works. You probably don't know enough about your car to determine when to change the oil and will have to post up a million questions about it, where this fellow has got off his *** and turned himself into a decent tech and valuable asset to the community. It's not hard, it's all about effort. RIP america.

Golden, you should really invest in the ewd for your car. That will be your guide. Do it once, done right. Basically take a multimeter and find/place things where they should be based on the ewd for your car. There's a section in the front that explains how to use the manual. Based on what you've got done I think you'd have this done in no time if you get one.
Old 01-22-14, 11:03 AM
Golden95SC
Lead Lap

Thanks vrank, thats the last step, im sort of "testing" my wiring skills right now, im temporarily tying wires together and im gona crank it and see what happens, if its a no go im getting the manual your talking about.

And as far the small connector showed in post #10, last picture i couldnt see it in any soarer harness that i saw online, so i simply cut it out.

Last edited by Golden95SC; 01-22-14 at 11:12 AM.
Old 01-23-14, 11:28 AM
Golden95SC
Lead Lap

Alright so i crank it for the first time but its s no go, the car does crank and i do smell fuel, first thing that comes up to mind is the ignitor. You can hear it cranking but it wont turn on. Any ideas?
Old 06-24-14, 04:59 AM
1jzfc3s
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, man. Did you get to figuring it out? What I think your trying to do is what I'm trying to figure out also. One of the wires gives spark to your igniter, but only for the odds spark plugs like cylinder 1,3 and 5 is working. I'm trying to figure out the even's like 2, 4 and 6 spark order and find out where it needs power. The wire I'm talking about is the black/orange wire that is close to your igniter wires, I'm trying to find out what the white/black wire is needed for now?