Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

92 sc400 engine replacement questions & advice, not found through searching!

Old 12-10-13, 07:48 PM
SewWhat
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92 sc400 engine replacement questions & advice, not found through searching!

Hello, new member looking for information or if there is anything I need to know or be aware of?
Putting engine from my 93 sc400 into 92 sc400, I have been searching, I have found very helpful information on removing the engine, what to disconnect ect.
But do I need to swap ECU's?
Will 92 tranny bolt up to 93 motor?
Also insrtuctions mentioned marking the driveshaft flanges on trans & rear diff so it can be put back exactly the same, so it is "In Phase" im guessing the motor doesn't effect this?
Any other advice, or to be aware of is appreciated, thanks!
Not lazy, I have spent countless hours at CL before joining, always finding the help or info needed
and learned ALOT! But I have no car until this swap is done! Even advice on search terms will help!

I just totaled my 93 sc400 about two weeks ago, spun out in the rain on the freeway and stuffed the front end into the cement barrier....HARD! Will gladly give details & pics soon, (frame damage)
Basically the motor is fine, drove it home, it was even still running after impact, only 163,000 miles
Just picked up a clean 92 sc400 with 64,000 original miles for $1,000 that was overheated and ignored to the point that it finally just died! I Know...I Know, its shame! Blown HG for sure, no water & oil mixing but removed all spark plugs and can see water in 5 cylinders, figured I'll deal with that later.
Just need to put in good motor so I have a car again! Thanks for any help!