Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

aftermarket fuel set up 700+whp

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-13, 10:13 AM
tuninghaus
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default aftermarket fuel set up 700+whp

http://www.mvpmotorsports.com/Templates/frmTemplateM7.asp?SubFolderID=3947&SearchYN=N

For all you guys running about or over 700whp. What/how is your aftermarket fuel set up?

From the fuel tank? I know mvp has this kit which is an aftermarket billet fuel hanger w bosch 044 pumps that is almost plug and play (just put lines).

Would you recommend that? Or are there alternatives?

If there are any pictures that would be most helpful!
Thanks
Old 11-30-13, 05:47 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

700 hp on what fuel

if on e85 then and 700 rwhp is about the max looking for , i would recc one walbro 416 pump with a boost a pump to activate under boost will support close to 800 rwhp on e85 using the new id 1300 inj ... twin walbro 416 is too much fuel running in a loop .. all that unused fuel going in that loop creates alot of friction creating unnecessary fuell heatup creating tremendous vapor within your tank

if going closer to 800 and up then twin walbro 416 staging one of them to activate at say over 15psi of boost

as far as lines heres a couple of pics , just make sure to run 8 gauge wire from battery to relays to feed pumps voltage and use stock fp ecu as trigger to activate pump/s

heres twin walbros sitting in slosh bucket in tank

lines out the tank where each pump has its own feed to each end of rail with center return

and if using 2 of these 450lph pump and e85 make sure to get the best fpr you can but , the weldon as it has a large orifice for return coompared to aeromotive or fuel lab

at almost 725 rwhp on E , trufantics red dragon had tons of fuel
Old 11-30-13, 09:19 AM
tuninghaus
Lead Lap

Thx for the feedback and pics!! So the stock fuel lines and vacuum (to charcoal) gets capped off/not used?

Would twin -6 stainless steel lines be ok to the rail with one -8 return? Where does the return connect to? Goes back into from bottom of the tank (stock return)?

How did you get the fittings on the stock hanger like that? Sealing it? And the wiring?

Walbro 410 is better, more reliable than twin bosch 044?

Yes it is for e85 and im sure 700- 800whp

Last edited by tuninghaus; 11-30-13 at 09:28 AM.
Old 11-30-13, 10:23 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by tuninghaus
Thx for the feedback and pics!! So the stock fuel lines and vacuum (to charcoal) gets capped off/not used?
charcoal can went bye bye the day i boosted this car 7 yrs ago , lol all i did was connect lines so it vents under engine in the front

Would twin -6 stainless steel lines be ok to the rail with one -8 return? Where does the return connect to? Goes back into from bottom of the tank (stock return)?

-8an return is totally unnecessary .. 2 -6an ptfe teflon inner bore lines is perfect with a -6an return to tank is all youll ever need .. i have 2 return dumps into my tank

How did you get the fittings on the stock hanger like that? Sealing it? And the wiring?

bulkhead fittings and electrical is custom , after i killed my brain on how to run direct wires into tank without getting fumes i found this from fuel safe , there are 2 parts to this and im still going to install this on my car one day very soon as its the safest and cleanest way to get power to the pumps

http://www.fuelsafe.com/store/pumps-...es/wh04m4.html

Walbro 410 is better, more reliable than twin bosch 044?

the bosch 044 under e85 duty is questionable in a intank application whereas the walbro 416 was made for e85

Yes it is for e85 and im sure 700- 800whp
i hope if youre planning on running that much power with e85 that you have better rods and wrist pins as they will notbe happy for long in stock form
Old 11-30-13, 11:27 AM
tuninghaus
Lead Lap

I have those lines thats why I asked.. hope I can use them and not have to sell and buy new ones. any down side to running -8 return vs. -6?
How about the powerhouse billet hanger w bosch 044 pumps on the top link I included?
Thatd be best I assume? But very costly costing over $1100?
Old 11-30-13, 12:30 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

the hanger they came up with is outstanding , but bosch 044 casing was never intended to be submersed in e85 , remember the 044 by design is a inline pump

i would do the dual walbro 416 e85 pumps , they are quiet and flow much more then the bosch .. you can use your stock hanger and mount then to the hanger with one of these ( click on the pic of the walbro dual pump hanger, its only 50 for it ))

http://www.ashspecz.com/shop/prodInfo2.php?prodID=19

as far as -8an return , the larger the line the harder it is to make bends . -6an is more then ample to return fuel for over 1200 hp to tank , i say ptfe (teflon inner bore) as e85 will turn rubber inner bore lines into mush eventually and start clogging filters and eventually injectors screens
Old 12-04-13, 05:32 PM
emoFTW
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You could just run two fuel pumps, one in tank, and the other inline.

My set-up is a sumped tank, with an external Magnafuel 4303 Pump that is gravity fed.
-10 from the pump to dual -6's and then a -6 return. Big Daddy fuel rail, FIC 2150cc injectors with a Fuel Lab FPR.

I didn't like the idea dual/triple pumps incase one of the pumps happened to fail.
Old 12-04-13, 07:21 PM
Vrank
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Magnafuel pumps are awesome as well as their regulators.

Lexforlife hit it right on the head though. If using ethanol, the Weldon is the regulator to go with. Also, staging the pumps is absolutely the way to go. Only part I disagree with is having the second pump trigger at 15psi. I'd do something around 10, probably 8. Ask your tuner where he thinks it should ramp in. He should be able to set it up in your ecu, or if you're lacking spare outputs, use a Hobbs switch. That's what I use to add a third pump to a gtr.
Old 12-05-13, 03:53 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

gone are the days of worrying about a pump failing under wot boost .. aemv2 , pro efi , mega squirt etc all have failsafes built into the firmware now .. some sense drop in fuel pressure , most sense a/f readings not at target , some do both and your tuner if competent , would setup the right strategies to prevent engine failures due to fuel pressure drop off so dual pumps setups imo are now the way to go for true street duty vs mainly track action where pumps is not always running and heating up fuel

the magnafuels and weldon inlines are the best , but not for true street duty .. everyone i know that tried that route including teelex here with his 1000rwhp sc , first had his bosch 044's die ( pro efi caught pressure drop and cut boost to wastegate or safe duty cycle for inj) then his magnafuel lasted about 6 months or so then switched to dual walbro 416 and uptp point of selling , never had a issue again
Old 12-07-13, 10:03 PM
tuninghaus
Lead Lap

for one 6 an single line that goes to a rail with 1000cc and other side going out to the fuel pressure regulator and then return. how many hp is that good for?

can I put an inline bosch 044 pump with that set up to make it good for 750whp?
Old 12-08-13, 04:35 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by tuninghaus
for one 6 an single line that goes to a rail with 1000cc and other side going out to the fuel pressure regulator and then return. how many hp is that good for?

can I put an inline bosch 044 pump with that set up to make it good for 750whp?
you can run it that way as ive done that for about 2 yrs .. its called super charging your fuel system as intank feeds to inline ,, intank now has zero head pressure and inline shoots fuel to rail problem is when running it this way the inline pump gets hot and starts to sound like a coffee grinder , i have killed 2 044 this way and my a/f ratio would fluctuate under wot after driving for more then 45 minutes or so due to fuel heat up and bosch getting hot creating alot of resistance ..

i still would recc 2 intank pumps each with its own line dual feeding rail with a single -6an back to tank as thats what i switched to back in 2011 , i couldnt take the noise anymore
Old 03-29-14, 08:38 AM
Abelo
Driver

this is old but i really need info, im planning on doing this ive already got -8 feed and return lines, did you run braided from the bottom of the tank or from the top and how?? also couldn't you just add a fuel chiller to solve the heat problem?

Originally Posted by lexforlife
you can run it that way as ive done that for about 2 yrs .. its called super charging your fuel system as intank feeds to inline ,, intank now has zero head pressure and inline shoots fuel to rail problem is when running it this way the inline pump gets hot and starts to sound like a coffee grinder , i have killed 2 044 this way and my a/f ratio would fluctuate under wot after driving for more then 45 minutes or so due to fuel heat up and bosch getting hot creating alot of resistance ..

i still would recc 2 intank pumps each with its own line dual feeding rail with a single -6an back to tank as thats what i switched to back in 2011 , i couldnt take the noise anymore