ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   Performance & Maintenance (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/performance-and-maintenance-33/)
-   -   2jz Soarer - New Timing belt kit and VVTI (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/performance-and-maintenance/717376-2jz-soarer-new-timing-belt-kit-and-vvti.html)

dfnmech 11-12-13 04:46 PM

2jz Soarer - New Timing belt kit and VVTI

Just done new belt on car.
Car not running right.
Sounds retarded.
Everything lined up as far as we know.
Now checking oil pressure to see if its affecting VVTI

Sounds like timing is out.
Any One experienced this.
have had 3 mechanics look at it so far.

Cheers
Dom

Vrank 11-13-13 06:51 AM

Route the plug wires right? No codes?

lexforlife 11-13-13 11:55 AM

common mistake made on setting timing on vvti .. make sure vvti cam gear is rotated fully to right before lining up vvti cam gear marks or it will jump timing .. rotate gear by hand then turn entire gear and set mark and install belt

dfnmech 11-13-13 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by lexforlife (Post 8235016)
common mistake made on setting timing on vvti .. make sure vvti cam gear is rotated fully to right before lining up vvti cam gear marks or it will jump timing .. rotate gear by hand then turn entire gear and set mark and install belt

According to the paperwork we have here it says ( AutoTech Encyclopedia )
#9 rotate engine clockwise until the TDC Timing marks are Aligned
" The second ( Left ) Crankshaft pully mark aligns with the O Mark on the lower timing cover."
" The Second ( Left ) Camshaft Sprockets marks Align "

#10 Rotate engine 60 Deg Anticlockwise until the 60 Deg BTDC Timing marks are Aligned
" The First ( Right ) crankshaft pulley mark Aligns with the O mark on the lower timing cover."
" The First ( Right ) Camshaft Sprocket Marks Align "

Do you mean Fully Rotated to the Right Facing the engine In Engine Bay from front of Car.
Do you mean the VVTI rotate to Right Clockwise from Front of Engine bay ?

Cheers
DOM

dfnmech 11-13-13 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by Vrank (Post 8234523)
Route the plug wires right? No codes?

O2 Sensor Codes & Timing Code..

Cheers
DOM

Ali SC3 11-14-13 03:17 PM

he probably means the cam gear to the right when facing it, but I am not positive on that. That is probably your issue since its variably controlled it needs to be in a certain position when you put it back together.
which timing code, for vvti valve? or for the crank? something could have happened to your crank timing gear during the belt job.

dfnmech 11-14-13 08:41 PM

As Far as I can see I have everything reinstalled correctly, I have undone and checked about 4 times but still sounds retarded, Like timing is out, Am I missing something, Is there something simple I am missing, Have pressurized cylinders, Done 2 rotations with crank and everything still lines up ok timing wise... have followed the 60 Deg BTDC , when sliding on VVTI does Inlet camshaft need to be at Top Dead center or at 60 deg before ? , Has been set at 60 deg as per the instructions We have, on 4th try have also tried TDC and rotated 2 revolutions and everything still lined up ok.... Any Help would be Appreciated... Thanks In Advance