ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   Performance & Maintenance (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/performance-and-maintenance-33/)
-   -   Soarer clutch issues. Need part numbers (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/performance-and-maintenance/707513-soarer-clutch-issues-need-part-numbers.html)

TSleid 08-29-13 05:59 PM

Soarer clutch issues. Need part numbers

So as the title states, i'm having some clutch issues with my Soarer. Recently its been acting weird and will grab at a different grabbing point from time to time and make me look like a fool with a stall or it jerking from a stop. My grabbing point is around 1/2 or 3/4 of the way out and now its hard to tell. So yesterday i was going to head to work but when i pushed the clutch pedal down, shifted into first and attempted to start letting it out to get my grabbing point, the pedal would move a hair off the floor (No more than a half inch ) and the clutch will grab with the pedal on the floor still pretty much. It will pull away half decently now that i got the hang of my grabbing point being a hair off the floor. I have to pull the pedal off the floor for the 1st, sometimes 2nd, and Reverse gears and in every other shift after 1st it will come off the floor till about half way where the grabbing point is and then snap suddenly back to the top where it shoulda be. Also if i sit at a light in 1st gear with the clutch pedal pushed down for more than 10 seconds it will start to try to chirp forward, let go and pull away and if i don't let it, it stalls out even with the clutch pedal still down.

With all that said, i checked over the master and slave and found no leaks coming from anywhere and the fluids are all still good. After that i went ahead and bled the system to see if that would help and still nothing. So after all this, i'm going to start replacing parts that are supposedly common to go and a lot of guys are saying that in my situation replacing the Clutch Master Cylinder and/or Slave Cylinder fixes their problem.

Now i've tried searching everywhere and keep getting mixed responses on where and what from to source my clutch master and slave cylinder and would like to get a definitive answer before i order parts. People are saying the JZA80 MKIV Supra clutch master will work, the IS200 clutch master will work, and some are saying that i could put in an sc300/400 or mk3 supra one in. For the slave cylinder ive heard the mk3 supra one will fit but theres two different ones for the mk3 supras so who knows which one to get.

So if anyone has some definitive answers on what i can and cant use and also some part numbers would be GREATLY appreciated as well.

Thanks

KahnBB6 08-29-13 07:14 PM

I can help a bit as I'm nearly ready to perform the R154 swap on my SC and I've been collecting parts over the last couple of months.

The clutch slave cylinder needs to be sourced for a 1986-92 Supra Turbo 5-speed (R154, like your Soarer). The other one for MKIII's is for the W58 5-speed and will not fit your transmission.

The clutch master cylinder needs to be from a 1992-97 SC300 5-speed (W58, but it's the same part as the one in your Soarer).

For best results you should replace both at the same time if you know they've had a lot of mileage on them.

I don't have part numbers offhand, sorry.

The other parts such as the one from the IS200( or IS300) will not fit. Possible the MKIV clutch master will fit but I'm not sure.

TSleid 08-29-13 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by KahnBB6 (Post 8115359)
I can help a bit as I'm nearly ready to perform the R154 swap on my SC and I've been collecting parts over the last couple of months.

The clutch slave cylinder needs to be sourced for a 1986-92 Supra Turbo 5-speed (R154, like your Soarer). The other one for MKIII's is for the W58 5-speed and will not fit your transmission.

The clutch master cylinder needs to be from a 1992-97 SC300 5-speed (W58, but it's the same part as the one in your Soarer).

For best results you should replace both at the same time if you know they've had a lot of mileage on them.

I don't have part numbers offhand, sorry.

The other parts such as the one from the IS200( or IS300) will not fit. Possible the MKIV clutch master will fit but I'm not sure.

Awesome thanks a ton Kahn. So are you sure the left hand drive sc300 clutch master will fit no problem on a right hand drive soarer? Was told the left hand to right hand swap wont work cause of the booster and that but i figured it would still work. Can anyone else confirm this?

Also not sure how this thread ended up in the category.

***ADMIN PLEASE MOVE THREAD TO THE SC300/400 SUB CATEGORY***

TSleid 08-29-13 07:38 PM

Soarer clutch issues. Need part numbers

Edit edit.

KahnBB6 08-30-13 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by TSleid (Post 8115386)
Awesome thanks a ton Kahn. So are you sure the left hand drive sc300 clutch master will fit no problem on a right hand drive soarer? Was told the left hand to right hand swap wont work cause of the booster and that but i figured it would still work. Can anyone else confirm this?

Also not sure how this thread ended up in the category.

***ADMIN PLEASE MOVE THREAD TO THE SC300/400 SUB CATEGORY***

The RHD vs LHD issue is something I let slip, sorry. That may be the case given the angle of the master cylinder. I'll dig out a part number tonight for my LHD master.

TSleid 08-31-13 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by KahnBB6 (Post 8116452)
The RHD vs LHD issue is something I let slip, sorry. That may be the case given the angle of the master cylinder. I'll dig out a part number tonight for my LHD master.

Yeah that's what i heard for the reasoning as well. But okay thanks. I think i might take off my master this weekend and see if i cant figure something out.

Id really like to know if a RHD MK4 Supra Clutch Master Cylinder would work cause i can source one of those