Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Aristo TT Mk.II trans + 1JZGTE ?

Old 07-17-13, 05:19 AM
BeeMiX
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aristo TT Mk.II trans + 1JZGTE ?

Hey guys.

I blew up my auto trans in non vvti 1JZ with GT35r on 1.2bar of boost. My friend has auto trans that he got off Aristo TT mk.II.
Will it fit into my car and after valvebody swap i will be able to control it with my stock 1JZ ECU ? Im not sure if he has converter and flex plate but I can get them from other source from Aristo TT mk.I.
Is it possible to swap output shaft without taking everything apart ? Because im not sure if i can source out Aristo TT driveshaft.
Aristo TT mk.II had 3 bolt flange as well right ?
Is Aristo Mk.I and Mk.II converter and flex plate a same ?
Will Mk.II trans last more or same as Mk.I ?

Thanks in advance !
Wojtek
Old 07-17-13, 10:47 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

non vvti 1jz uses the older style of trans that is has mechanically line pressure control via the throttle body.
the 2jzgte and 1jzvvti use a newer trans that is bolt on wise similar, but the pressure in electronically controlled.

maybe the valve body swap changes this but I am not sure about that.

Not sure about all the flexplate converter and output shaft (as far as I know there is a combination that works), but you will need to have an ecu that can control the new trans, so a 2jzgte ecu upgrade or standalone would be in your future. your best bet my be a built GE trans with the 1jz converter and stuff if its better, or get a hold of another 1jz trans, or manual swap it, or do the 2jz ecu swap and trans swap.

swapping to a 2jz ecu is not a bad idea, you can pick up some power going to sequential injection, and use larger injectors factory so you have more room to increase in the future.

you have many options at this point.
Old 07-17-13, 02:04 PM
BeeMiX
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its pretty clear for me that I need to swap valvebody from my old trans to keep 1JZ ECU. I just need confirmation that Aristo Mk.II trans is a same as Supra TT Mk.IV or Aristo Mk.I trans. Because if there are any different then I have a problem.
Im going standalone soon, together with 350Z 6speed, but this temparary solution can make me running for little bit.