Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

92 sc300 NA-t fuel questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-13, 08:16 PM
VAgs430
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 92 sc300 NA-t fuel questions

Ive been on the forums for a while now had a 2nd gen GS430 now i have a 3rd gen GS430 and 2 weeks ago just picked up a 1992 SC300. I've put together most the parts i need for a NA-T build so far i have T3/T4 turbo, manifold, waste gate, 3" down pipe, intercooler with all the piping, and a BOV... I still need a 3" intake pipe, boost controller, turbo timer, oil lines for the turbo, some sort of piggyback (afc neo? open to suggestions), fuel pump (walboro 255 or a different 300lph in tank), and injectors.

The question I have is that I have a friend who is willing to sell me his fuel rail and all 6 440cc injectors off his JDM aristo 2jzgte... I know these are side feed but would they work with the gte rail? also would I need a resistor I'm not sure if they are high imp or low. the other option i have is to get a set of high imp top feed 550cc injectors that should plug right into the stock rail. the 440s and the rail will run me $80 and the 550s will run me about 300.

Im hoping to make 400hp but realistically somewhere around 330-350.

Im planning on putting in a stock 2jzgte head gasket but i want to change the whole head set, does anyone know if i can buy a 2jzgte headset or would i have to buy a GE one and just a GTE headgasket.

Last question is what is the simplest route to getting an oil feed to my turbo, i saw somthing about a is300 bolt or something but most the feeds i find on here all tells me to check out club NA-T. Any feedback is appreciated and if anyone has any of the parts i need for sale feel free to let me know on here or shoot me a PM.
Old 07-12-13, 07:29 AM
JohnMatt
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What are you referring to as a GTE headset? Putting a GTE head on your GE engine? If you do that the manifold you have now won't work. The GTE and GE use different flanges. Best thing is to keep your GE if it's in good condition and put on a GTE headgasket. I'll leave the other questions to people who have more experience
Old 07-12-13, 08:15 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

don't use a piggyback unless you want to pull out all your hair, go ahead and look into the tt ecu mod or a standalone if you want to enjoy your na-t. the stock ecu is the most frustrating thing on earth with a turbo.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...t-ecu-mod.html

you cannot use the aristo rail or any 2jzgte side feed rail, just plain won't work and thats why its $80.
you need to use your GE fuel rail or an aftermarket GE fuel rail, and top feed high impedance injectors. the 550's are a better option for you.

buy the 2jzgte headgasket from toyota, and all the rest of the parts individually, there is not a good set available. check out my rebuild thread for a basic list of items you will need for a teardown.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...-overhaul.html

simplest oil feed line is the IS300 union bolt (you can also get from toyota on a vvti non turbo mk4 supra, so like a 98 non turbo would have it and it will be half the price of lexus). you remove your stock one, put this one in which has a threaded hole on it, install your fitting, and then you need a 4 foot feed line to go over to the passenger side to connect to you turbo, I always use 3an lines but 4an will work also.

for the drain you have to drill and tap out the upper pan for a flange, or drop everything and take it to get a fitting welded but the motor more or less has to come out for pan removal unless you are related to Houdini.
Old 07-12-13, 12:34 PM
VAgs430
Driver

Originally Posted by JohnMatt
What are you referring to as a GTE headset? Putting a GTE head on your GE engine? If you do that the manifold you have now won't work. The GTE and GE use different flanges. Best thing is to keep your GE if it's in good condition and put on a GTE headgasket. I'll leave the other questions to people who have more experience
the headset is the head gasket with all the other miscellaneous engine gaskets and seals. Im planning on doing the GTE head gasket but I was wondering if I could save some money and buy the whole GTE kit rather than buying the GE kit and an additional GTE head gasket.
Old 07-12-13, 12:48 PM
VAgs430
Driver

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
don't use a piggyback unless you want to pull out all your hair, go ahead and look into the tt ecu mod or a standalone if you want to enjoy your na-t. the stock ecu is the most frustrating thing on earth with a turbo.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...t-ecu-mod.html

you cannot use the aristo rail or any 2jzgte side feed rail, just plain won't work and thats why its $80.
you need to use your GE fuel rail or an aftermarket GE fuel rail, and top feed high impedance injectors. the 550's are a better option for you.

buy the 2jzgte headgasket from toyota, and all the rest of the parts individually, there is not a good set available. check out my rebuild thread for a basic list of items you will need for a teardown.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...-overhaul.html

simplest oil feed line is the IS300 union bolt (you can also get from toyota on a vvti non turbo mk4 supra, so like a 98 non turbo would have it and it will be half the price of lexus). you remove your stock one, put this one in which has a threaded hole on it, install your fitting, and then you need a 4 foot feed line to go over to the passenger side to connect to you turbo, I always use 3an lines but 4an will work also.

for the drain you have to drill and tap out the upper pan for a flange, or drop everything and take it to get a fitting welded but the motor more or less has to come out for pan removal unless you are related to Houdini.
Ali thanks for all the help, Ill go ahead with the 550cc top feed High Imp injectors on my stock rail.

I never thought about doing a TT ecu mod... would I be able to reach 400whp with this? standalone looks like it may be a little too expensive for me right now. Also Im assuming since my car is non VVTI I would need a non VVTI ecu .

Ill stick to drilling and taping the return in the oil pan. Thanks again for all your help.
Old 07-12-13, 07:06 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

with 550cc injectors you should be able to hit 500hp with this but you may want to have an safc or something to take out some fuel, the normal injector size for the jdm ecu's (the one you would want) are 440cc with which you could get pretty close to 400hp. I am running this mod right now with the 440's no fuel controller needed and It drives great all around. past 14 psi you need a boost cut controller though its like having a stock supra ecu. you may just want to get 440's top feed then no need to mess with any piggybacks, but you could get the 550's and it would run a bit rich or run the 550's with a piggyback and it would run normal.

Last edited by Ali SC3; 07-12-13 at 07:11 PM.
Old 07-12-13, 11:31 PM
VAgs430
Driver

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
with 550cc injectors you should be able to hit 500hp with this but you may want to have an safc or something to take out some fuel, the normal injector size for the jdm ecu's (the one you would want) are 440cc with which you could get pretty close to 400hp. I am running this mod right now with the 440's no fuel controller needed and It drives great all around. past 14 psi you need a boost cut controller though its like having a stock supra ecu. you may just want to get 440's top feed then no need to mess with any piggybacks, but you could get the 550's and it would run a bit rich or run the 550's with a piggyback and it would run normal.
Right now my car is an auto non VVTi. I plan to swap in a R154 once i find one for the right price but for right now ill run less boost on the auto. would i have to get a JDM non vvti auto ECU or could i run a JDM manual vvti ecu (more readily available), sorry for all the questions im new to the whole NA-T scene, I have worked with turbos before but its all been on large diesel trucks which have a lot less electronics involved
Old 07-15-13, 06:36 AM
Vrank
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Either get an aristo ecu (all auto), non vvti and use an safc to correct for your 550s or get an obd1 auto USDM tt mk4 ecu and maf and need no safc. You'll also need coils/igniter/map sensor/iat if you go jdm, or just coils/igniter/maf if you go usdm
Old 07-15-13, 09:12 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Vrank
Either get an aristo ecu (all auto), non vvti and use an safc to correct for your 550s or get an obd1 auto USDM tt mk4 ecu and maf and need no safc. You'll also need coils/igniter/map sensor/iat if you go jdm, or just coils/igniter/maf if you go usdm
Yeah since you are auto now and manual later, I would just start out with the aristo ecu they are all auto, will control your auto, and will work for manual also when you go manual, I have the aristo ecu on my 5 spd right now works just fine.

Vrank is pretty spot on with above description, you could use the US ecu instead of the JDM, but when using the US ecu you would still need to get a map sensor the US uses a tt maf for fueling, and the tt map sensor for other functions like boost cut or whatever, you need both on the US ecu.
the tradeoff on the US setup is having to keep the maf, but it is setup for 550's from the factory so no piggybacks needed at all but some claim the JDM ecu can correct for 550's for the most part even without a piggyback but I have yet to try or confirm that.
Old 07-15-13, 11:05 AM
Vrank
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was thinking you could use like a 4.3v zener diode for the map sensor circuit on the usdm ecu and call it a day instead of using the map sensor. Pure speculation as I've never done it but I assume since like you say maf is for fueling then bam, no boost cut. Shouldn't trip the ecu out, only costs like a buck. I figure they realized the map sensor was redundant when they engineered the vvti 1j as it only has the maf, no map, which leads me to think this could work fine. But again, pure speculation.
Old 07-16-13, 08:59 AM
VAgs430
Driver

I ended up getting the Aristo TT ECU and some 440cc low imp top feed injectors with the resistor pack... now all i need is the oil lines for my turbo and the other parts i need for the ECU swap. any suggestion on where to get the MAP sensor, coils, ignitor, and the iat?
Old 07-16-13, 12:56 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Vrank
I was thinking you could use like a 4.3v zener diode for the map sensor circuit on the usdm ecu and call it a day instead of using the map sensor. Pure speculation as I've never done it but I assume since like you say maf is for fueling then bam, no boost cut. Shouldn't trip the ecu out, only costs like a buck. I figure they realized the map sensor was redundant when they engineered the vvti 1j as it only has the maf, no map, which leads me to think this could work fine. But again, pure speculation.
Im not sure if the US ecu looks for how the map sensor is reacting, because then you would just have the 4.3v all the time or clipping at 4.3v and you still need the map sensor kind of like a bcc. If the US ecu is not sensitive to the map voltage, I personally would then just hook up a 3 bar map sensor, and you would raise your boost cut enough not to care about it if that works. I know people say you can disconnect but then the CEL and possible limp mode, but some also just pull the vac line going to the map sensor, which means it would always read around 2.1-2.3V, and if the ecu doesn't care about that then maybe one could use a different cheaper map sensor and get raised boost cut and not have to mess with building a zener setup. It's mainly for the twin turbo operation other than fuel cut, so you could technically just do without it and live with the code and later figure out how to work around it.

so the 1jz vvti has no map, I was wondering about that this week since its single turbo factory. do you know if the 2jz vvti has a map sensor, I would guess it does?

Originally Posted by VAgs430
I ended up getting the Aristo TT ECU and some 440cc low imp top feed injectors with the resistor pack... now all i need is the oil lines for my turbo and the other parts i need for the ECU swap. any suggestion on where to get the MAP sensor, coils, ignitor, and the iat?
classifieds here or on SF for the map and coils, ignitor I would grab a ds62 of ebay, and the iat just get a universal gm or aem one off ebay or whatever kind you think you can install the easiest into your setup its just a resistor.
Old 07-17-13, 03:51 PM
VAgs430
Driver

will this MAP work or should i just not fuss with it and get an OEM one?

http://www.titanmotorsports.com/2-bar-map-sensor.html
Old 07-18-13, 08:02 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

I am going to guess that that will not work, since the only one I have ever gotten the aristo ecu to run the car with has been the oem 1jz/2jz map sensor. all the other ones will barely start the car (if lucky), and then it dies right away. also thats more expensive than a used stock one, so yeah you should not fuss and find the stock one =)
Old 07-19-13, 01:50 PM
VAgs430
Driver

I ended up getting a stock MAP and IAT... is300 coil packs a ds62 and 7mgte CPS... now im thinking if i should just go ahead and swap in an Aristo Auto trans... I can get one local for about 250 bucks. do you know how much power the stock aristo tranny will handle? and Im assuming that since im going with an aristo ECU i wont have the same issues that other people have had where the tranny doest want to shift.

Quick Reply: 92 sc300 NA-t fuel questions