Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Wtf!

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-13, 06:40 PM
fried_rice
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why ask the opinions of the forum? Just run whatever the "tuners" suggest.
Old 06-24-13, 07:10 PM
blk&blu*j
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah cause they pay the bills for the toys
Old 06-25-13, 05:30 AM
Vrank
Lexus Test Driver

that turbo would have been awesomoe. You suck. Was perfect for a stock cammed bpu car. Lol at the precision remark, and the way the word tuner is thrown around in this thread it makes me think f&f1 just hit the theaters
Old 06-25-13, 08:48 PM
blk&blu*j
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Vrank
that turbo would have been awesomoe. You suck. Was perfect for a stock cammed bpu car. Lol at the precision remark, and the way the word tuner is thrown around in this thread it makes me think f&f1 just hit the theaters
+++++++++++++++++++++1111111111111111111111111
Old 06-26-13, 01:52 PM
fried_rice
Pole Position

I just got my new CHRA today for my HY35. I'm waiting on a few more parts to come in this weekend and It will be on. Should be a perfect turbo for the road course, which is primarily what my car is used for.

I ground off the Holset logo, and I'm polishing it, no one will know what turbo it is.
Old 06-26-13, 02:21 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by blk&blu*j
So now that u caved into the pressure from some honda boys now you should just go buy a Precision (percussion) turbo so youll fit in with a bunch of front wheel drive POS!

Buy a BW S366 leave a tiny bit of power on the dyno but gain OE reliability oh wait you just sold that!

But please don't take my advice Cause I'm all new to this Turbo rear wheel drive stuff.
This
Old 06-26-13, 04:58 PM
mrcoqui
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

easy easy. I wanted to upgrade my friend not because I was pressured my dude. I want to get the most out of what my car can offer for me ? Is there wrong in doing so... I think not.
Old 06-26-13, 06:58 PM
blk&blu*j
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mrcoqui
easy easy. I wanted to upgrade my friend not because I was pressured my dude. I want to get the most out of what my car can offer for me ? Is there wrong in doing so... I think not.
No dude its all good but why fill the forum with ??? and opinions if your not going to consider the (have some respect) for the members who taken the time to sincerely try to help you, considering that the Dollars$$$$ are not as free to you but still support your initiative to be in the game.
Only for our time to be wasted with (sold it) looking for a new turbo!!!

I have been in this game for 12+ years. I built, blow up, and rebuild my own stuff numerous times, pushing the limits of every build. I've Learned from my mistakes, cause I was in the 4-500hp club 10+ years ago. With 1J's making over 500hp over 5 years ago on stock bottom ends, with AFC's and no E85. In my world people pay for the knowledge I share with you and as many sincere members on here also do to help you, just to cave in due to pressure cause it not there turbo of choice!!
Make sure you a get a check from those so called tuners, for your next turbo purchase.

Good Luck!

Last edited by blk&blu*j; 06-27-13 at 08:34 PM.
Old 06-26-13, 08:20 PM
95SC3T
Pole Position

No here to take anyone's sides but black and blue j is right. I ask questions for a reason. That is to learn. That turbo is a great turbo of many people's choice on a budget. It would have held up as others have said. Build your car they way you want, but be prepared to pay for mistakes cause you didn't take these guys that's been around for a whiles advice. Don't waste these guys time. They are kid and will help you with anything they can. I have fixed many issues with my car with their help thru pm's and threads.
Old 06-26-13, 09:03 PM
blk&blu*j
Lexus Test Driver

Just to give you a little initiative to pay attention!
I built both of these cars for friends/customers both are stock bottom 1jz's, both have cams, both are on BW s366's both are R154's and both are on MS standalones (great bang for the buck)

And another!

Old 06-27-13, 09:04 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Roger, BTW, what are the status of these cars now? Did they continue to make that kind of power or did they get tired of the 700 and want more?

With all kidding aside, people need to listen to the seniors who have been where you are. These guys dont post alot on here, like others, but when they post, please listen and understand what they are trying to tell you. If anyone has talked to Roger as much as I have, you know what I am talking about. He is super knowledgable and knows these JZ motors. Plain and simple. This is how he makes a living..... Think about it.

On our conversation last night, I say post that in the regular SC300/400 section. I am all in....
Old 06-27-13, 08:33 PM
blk&blu*j
Lexus Test Driver

^^^^ Both cars are still up and running the white one changed owners, about a yr ago but I still do all the upgrades and maintenance, a grad student bought the car and he dailys the car on low boost 23-24 psi on pump93 with conservative timing it makes 520-530 on a Spec twin disc I put in about 2 months ago. Mega Squirt 2. Jordan tuned.

The black one was just brought to me after a phone call to diagnosis an issue which turned out to be very light crank walk from a big single disc clutch now its in the process of going built 2J bottom with his built 1J head, 2150 cc inj, 2 Walbro 485 pumps, big plenum and shooting for 850ish on E-85, Mega Squirt 3 X. Jordan tuned.

Thanks for the Props!!
Old 06-29-13, 05:56 PM
blk&blu*j
Lexus Test Driver

BUMP!!!! thread for OP
Old 06-30-13, 06:35 AM
Vrank
Lexus Test Driver

If they're gonna want more on the car with the walbro 485s in the future you might wanna add a third pump, 930whp on e85 they'll start dropping pressure with only two of them running high boost on a 2j. It seems when pressure goes high they fall off hard in flow.

edit: ^ I had them staged on that setup if that matters to you
Old 06-30-13, 10:47 PM
95SC3T
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Vrank
If they're gonna want more on the car with the walbro 485s in the future you might wanna add a third pump, 930whp on e85 they'll start dropping pressure with only two of them running high boost on a 2j. It seems when pressure goes high they fall off hard in flow.

edit: ^ I had them staged on that setup if that matters to you
Vrank are you running the pumps into the same feed line?
Someone correct me if I misinterpreted this info wrong. I was talking to someone and they were saying that by running multiple pumps into the same feed line could actually cause flow issues on the fuel by making it hard for the pumps to run at full potential. So in turn wouldn't you be best to run a feed line for each pump? On supra forums a guy made 673whp on a single Walbro 485 pump. So by running each pump on its own fuel line with its own 12v source shouldn't the pumps be putting out their maximum potential?

Quick Reply: Wtf!