Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Need some help figuring out what could be the issue with my SC

Old 05-28-13, 02:38 PM
bbkbadboy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some help figuring out what could be the issue with my SC

Hey everyone, I've been trying to get some insite on what could possibly be wrong with my SC. Everytime i take off from a dead stop it sounds like something is rubbing up against the underbody of the car only at take off and its to the point the car cant really be launched from a dig, and it feels like its in only happening on the rear right of the vehicle. I also noticed that my car will only drift making a right turn with no issues but when i make a left turn it will drift for a while then it seems like its getting hung up on something and the clutch begins to burn. Ive tried numerous things to try to figure out whats going on, it seems like there is no play anywhere in my suspension so im pretty stumped right now. I'm also running a welded diff but this problem has been occuring even with my old diff. Ive also upgraded the diff bushings to polyurethane yet still not any luck solving my problem, i've even brought the car to a few mechanics no one can seem to figure out whats the problem any help would be appreciated thanks
Old 05-28-13, 03:23 PM
TheAzn
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Differential?
Old 05-28-13, 05:42 PM
bbkbadboy
Driver School Candidate

ive had 3 diffs so far including my current one and its done it with every diff i had in it
Old 05-28-13, 05:58 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Pretty hard to tell from your post what it could be. Post a vid maybe? Maybe find a vid on youtube with similar problems and post it here so other members could try to help.
Old 05-29-13, 12:11 PM
bbkbadboy
Driver School Candidate

I'll see if i can make a video or something, the sound it makes is similar to a car with a bad centerbearing at take off, also when i apply the brakes from lets say 40mph, i hear a crunching/binding sound and the car has wheel hop but i still can't figure out the crunching noise and everything seems to happen on the rear right of the vehicle
Old 05-29-13, 12:41 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

double check the rear upper bushings and make sure its still sitting where its supposed to be.
Old 05-29-13, 01:24 PM
bbkbadboy
Driver School Candidate

I have a full Daizen bushing kit and the bushings seem to be fine, i used a pry bar couldnt find any play anywhere, but ill double check again, and i guess i didnt really notice the problem much at first because my car used to be auto, but now since i did the 1uz w58 swap kit its definitely noticeable, the car just seems to feel as if there is alot of weight on the rear right side, ive been through different diffs, tried a different cv axle and different coilovers, still have been having the same result, ive also noticed if you try to launch the car hard from a dig it feels like the driveshaft is actually sliding back
Old 05-31-13, 12:48 PM
bbkbadboy
Driver School Candidate

Update: finally ended up pulling the driveshaft cover off for ****s and giggles and ended up finding out my center support bushing was completely worn out to the point there is almost nothing there