Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Aftermarket Climate Control (Popformance LXCC for 92-00 SC/Soarer)

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-14, 10:24 AM
Yohan84
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn, Nobody has info????
Old 11-20-14, 08:25 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Yohan84
Damn, Nobody has info????
most of the tread is info
Old 11-21-14, 07:17 AM
Yohan84
Driver

Originally Posted by oldManTan
most of the tread is info
Well yeah, And I have taken the time to read EVERYTHING but I want more recent info about it
Old 11-21-14, 02:26 PM
KahnBB6

Received 1,216 Likes on 854 Posts

The only info I wish I had at this point is some basic look at the virtual gauge functions which even Popformance doesn't have on their site. eknine9, IF you do have the time this weekend or anytime soon to play around with that and snap a picture or video that would be great! If anyone else wishes to enlighten us on that function, by all means.

So far it sounds like everyone who has installed one has been happy or has had their issues addressed by the designer. $450 is not crazy at all for this device (look at what double din stereo multimedia units cost) and I plan to get one in the new year. Buying GTE parts has been my priority or I'd have put in an order already.

But the gauge function is what I am most interested in. I want my interior looking very boring and stock (mostly) and if this unit can take the place of pillar gauges or hidden gauges I'm all for it.

Then there are some other features that have been announced but not yet implemented, such as the OBD2 scanner (can't use that on OBD1 but neat nonetheless), traction control and boost controller menus.
Old 11-21-14, 05:36 PM
Duck05
Racer

Received 360 Likes on 241 Posts

I was a fairly early adopter and did have a failure that Popformance addressed adequately. The gauge display options are under development from what I understand but an email to Popformance will clarify their intentions and schedules.

The price can be viewed as steep but a custom designed digital module for the "simple" climate control functions is cool enough for me; I will likely never add gauges and the other features but for those that do not want to clutter up their interior with extra dials and gauges this is not a bad esthetic option.

I just like the more modern look of the display and along side the double DIN Pioneer touch screen it feels like a newer car than it is (mine being a '92).
Old 12-02-14, 12:27 PM
eknine9
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Figured I'd update you all because I do have one minor complaint about the display that I would like to address for future buyers. It's mainly about the aesthetic on the main climate control screen.

I'm editing this to remove my past complaint. I was using the unit wrong, and I'm not ashamed to admit it took me 3 months to realize what the ***** did. The unit is flawless and I haven't found a legitimate complaint yet, except that the screen is a bit crowded on the climate control screen, and sometimes I end up turning the unit off when trying to swipe backwards because tapping the center of the screen results in turning the unit off.

Other then that, the unit is wonderful and I don't regret spending the money at all.

Last edited by eknine9; 03-31-15 at 06:34 PM. Reason: culling past stupidity
Old 12-02-14, 02:08 PM
t2d2
Lead Lap

Received 226 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by eknine9
To turn the fan speed up or down you have to hit the vertical line that corresponds with that fan speed. I miss a lot when driving...
It's the old remote control debate about LCD touch screen vs hard buttons. Invariably, the most favorably reviewed remotes are the ones that blend the two, with customizable hard buttons for tactile feedback (operating a car's controls while driving is extremely similar to operating a remote in a darkened room) and the LCD labels and layout to open up all sorts of options.
Old 02-07-15, 11:59 PM
SC3coupe
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

What are the 2 ***** for? Does the stock **** on the side still work for turning on/off and temp?
Old 02-08-15, 08:43 AM
FSUsucks1
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SC3coupe
What are the 2 ***** for? Does the stock **** on the side still work for turning on/off and temp?
One know controls the temperature and the other **** controls the fan speed. To turn off the system you just press on the power icon on the touch screen. I've had mine for a while now and yet to have any problems with it. Great product!
Old 02-08-15, 03:31 PM
Duck05
Racer

Received 360 Likes on 241 Posts

I believe the ***** can do multiple functions but am I still learning the nuances.

The OEM temperature **** still works and on my unit the left **** can be used to select which air flow setting you want and the right **** can be used to change the fan speed selection which duplicates touching the screen.

I just had a lengthy exchange with Patrick about a challenge with my unit which appears to be connector/power related. Either the connector was loose or my battery terminals were borderline (or both). Re-seating the power connector restored a previous flaky (sometimes would power up and sometimes would not) condition but in addition a new battery and new/cleaned terminals/cables have seemed to make world of difference.

Still a cool upgrade and I know there are new modules planned. (Lousy iPhone pic while driving... I have taken better ones above...).
Attached Thumbnails Aftermarket Climate Control (Popformance LXCC for 92-00 SC/Soarer)-sc300-235.jpg  
Old 02-17-15, 05:46 PM
High PSI
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Subscribed for updates. When/if the gauge features become available I'll probably bite.
Old 02-17-15, 07:59 PM
Funnyman
Rookie

Definitely an interesting piece I like it
Old 03-31-15, 04:40 PM
SMWallis
Driver School Candidate

Default Aftermarket Climate Control

Yes, this one. Anyone installed it? What's your experience with it?
Old 03-31-15, 06:06 PM
FSUsucks1
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SMWallis
Yes, this one. Anyone installed it? What's your experience with it?
A few us have installed this and if you read the thread most of us commented on it.

I have always loved mine and still do.
Old 11-04-15, 08:14 PM
KahnBB6

Received 1,216 Likes on 854 Posts

Just wondering if anyone is using the virtual gauge functions for the LXCC yet.

And last I contacted the developer the traction control option was still under development.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Climate Control (Popformance LXCC for 92-00 SC/Soarer)