Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Best place to get a 2JZGTE?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-13, 10:21 PM
CrispyST3
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best place to get a 2JZGTE?

Dear Club Lexus members,

It is time i finally stop messing around and finally get down to business! I have my platform SC, it's a 93 5 speed. I picked it up for 2000 with the interior all off and the check engine light on. I did this because i knew that this SC was going to be my project. It's the second SC i've owned, the first SC was a complete fail because i was so set on getting an SC, so i went out and got it, spend 3600 on it, and it was just bad. Major oil leak, steering wheel would bounce around as i drove down the street, and then, the head gasket blew. And during this time i didn't have a job, so instead of putting money into upgrades as i thought i would be doing, it was to try and helplessly fix all the problems. After the head gasket blew i decided i was going to fix it myself but then decided to sell it. Now i found this other SC and i took it as it was and accepted that this was going to be a project. MY PROJECT, and although it's giving me alot of headaches already, i don't want to give up on this one. I don't want to let this one go. Now i'm better prepared to take on this project. So my question is:

where is the best place to get my 2JZGTE?

I see alot on ebay for pretty cheap, that has an auto transmission attached to it. But i don't know if those are too reliable.

But before i actually go and get my engine, i want to know about any other places i can get it from. Any other sites i should know about?

Also, since my SC is obd1, what would be better to get, a Non VVTI engine, or one that comes with the VVTI. I live in California so i'm not sure if there are any regulations on making a car go from OBD1 to OBD2.

If the engine comes with the wiring harness and ecu, can i use my W58 ecu and would it hook right up to the 2JZGTE ecu?

I guess thats it for now, hopefully i get alot of feedback. I really want to do all the research possible before i dive into this.

Oh btw, planning on putting the engine on a stand before i drop it in so i can upgrade the internals and change the cams. Get better injectors and make sure this engine is how i want it before i drop it in.
Old 03-07-13, 10:28 PM
lex92sc300
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just type in jdm engines and there is a bunch places sell them probly something close to you so you can go inspect the engine before you shell out your money for it . or you can have one shipped from texas virgina ton of places..... just check them out first.