Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Anyone Heard of Phoenix Power?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-13, 01:23 AM
TheAzn
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Anyone Heard of Phoenix Power?

Apparently it is some tuning shop in Japan and I guess Japan only. Anyways, my SC came with their Departure III cat-back exhaust installed. It sounds awesome, trust me. I have absolutely zero plans on trading it for anything else even if I go NA-T or whatever.

Anyone know any way of getting these exhaust system into the US? I have done some research in the various forums, but VERY VERY VERY VERY few of these Departure III are outside of Japan. I believe the Departure III systems are JZZ30 only. But point is those few were able to get out of Japan.

The only reason I ask how is if I ever have to replace my exhaust system. The mufflers are somewhat dented a bit from the previous owner but no leaks or any kind of compromise besides appearance when you're underneath the car.

Here's the website if anyone is curious: http://www.phoenixs.co.jp/bigsite/or.../original.html
Click on "DEPARTURE" on the left menu, scroll down. You'll see an exhaust system labeled for JZZ30.
You can use Google Translate to help yourself out a bit.

They go for a pretty penny, too. $1500 give or take the wavy currency exchange fluctuations.
Old 03-07-13, 06:07 PM
gldndrgn14
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Phoenix Power was one of the first big companies for toyotas back in the day. They supported a lot of mr2 stuff. Good quality parts from what i had for my mr2.

Do you have any pictures of your exhaust on the car? And do you know the size of the piping at the cat and at the split? I like the A pipe to even the sound and flow

Last edited by gldndrgn14; 03-07-13 at 06:11 PM.
Old 03-07-13, 11:05 PM
TheAzn
Lead Lap

I believe it is 2.5" or 3", I'll need to measure it tomorrow for ya to know for sure.

Old 03-08-13, 05:51 AM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i have one on my car. i imported it a couple of years back. its a very nice and rare 3" exhaust. i believe yours is the 3rd known one in the usa.
Old 03-08-13, 11:06 AM
TheAzn
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Kohinoor
i have one on my car. i imported it a couple of years back. its a very nice and rare 3" exhaust. i believe yours is the 3rd known one in the usa.
Holy nuts, nice to know. Now I'll be planning to put lock nuts on it

How did you import yours? I was thinking of finding a friend who can speak Japanese to email the company which I should have a couple. I don't need anything right now but I'm sure eventually corrosion will take the best of it or if I end up damaging any of the components from a speed bump or something. Definitely not looking to trade it for some other exhaust system, the sound is perfect. And looks perfect!

I wonder if it performs well with NA-T or other engine swaps with and without force induction.
Old 03-08-13, 08:03 PM
Supruxes
Driver

They go for a pretty penny, too. $1500 give or take the wavy currency exchange fluctuations.
It says 10k Yen on their website which converts to around $104.37 US.......
Old 03-08-13, 08:40 PM
TheAzn
Lead Lap

Missing a 0 in that yen, it's 138k yen.
Old 03-08-13, 09:02 PM
Supruxes
Driver

Originally Posted by TheAzn
Missing a 0 in that yen, it's 138k yen.
ah, ****, all the japanese had me cross eyed, lol.
Old 03-08-13, 09:15 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

It looks like its big enough to support a na-t its probably around 80mm a little over 3". Never seen the the A design on a sc before its kind of interesting the way they did it its almost like you could have the whole left side removed and have a full right side exhaust with a little welding. maybe a backup plan in case you damage a can.
Old 03-08-13, 10:00 PM
TheAzn
Lead Lap

The only thing on my SC with this system is that one of the flanges at the split is contacting the undercarriage when I make left turns. Not banging, but like gliding to the side and vibrating.

They do have some damage like scrapes and small dents but nothing that dulls the sound or performance.
Old 03-09-13, 07:41 AM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TheAzn
Holy nuts, nice to know. Now I'll be planning to put lock nuts on it

How did you import yours? I was thinking of finding a friend who can speak Japanese to email the company which I should have a couple. I don't need anything right now but I'm sure eventually corrosion will take the best of it or if I end up damaging any of the components from a speed bump or something. Definitely not looking to trade it for some other exhaust system, the sound is perfect. And looks perfect!

I wonder if it performs well with NA-T or other engine swaps with and without force induction.
i had been looking for one for years and one day it popped up on yahoo auctions japan, so i bought it and had it air shipped to me. iirc they have been discontinued for a long time.